Affiliation: Karolinska Institutet
- Effect of supplement with lactic-acid producing bacteria on fatigue and physical activity in patients with chronic fatigue syndromeAsa Sullivan
Division of Clinical Microbiology, F82, Department of Laboratory Medicine, Karolinska University Hospital Huddinge, Karolinska Institutet, SE 14186 Stockholm, Sweden
Nutr J 8:4. 2009..The findings in this study that improvement of health is possible to achieve should encourage further studies with interventions with probiotics in patients with CFS...
- Effect of Lactobacillus F19 on the emergence of antibiotic-resistant microorganisms in the intestinal microfloraAsa Sullivan
Divisions of Clinical Bacteriology, F82, Karolinska University Hospital Huddinge, SE 141 86 Stockholm, Sweden
J Antimicrob Chemother 54:791-7. 2004..The aim of the present study was to examine whether Lactobacillus F19 in conjunction with treatment with penicillin, ciprofloxacin or norfloxacin prevents establishment of resistant bacteria in the gastrointestinal tract...
- Probiotic lactobacilli and bacteraemia in StockholmAsa Sullivan
From the Division of Clinical Bacteriology, Karolinska University Hospital Huddinge, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Scand J Infect Dis 38:327-31. 2006..L. paracasei subsp. paracasei F19, L. acidophilus NCFB 1748 and L. rhamnosus GG were not identified in any of the samples...
- Virulence and antimicrobial resistance in clinical Enterococcus faeciumHanna Billström
Division of Clinical Microbiology, F68, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital Huddinge, SE 141 86 Stockholm, Sweden
Int J Antimicrob Agents 32:374-7. 2008..A significant correlation was found between the presence of esp(fm) and resistance to ampicillin, ciprofloxacin and imipenem (P<0.01). Twelve isolates were esp(fm)-positive and ampicillin-susceptible...
- Lactobacillus acidophilus, Bifidobacterium lactis and Lactobacillus F19 prevent antibiotic-associated ecological disturbances of Bacteroides fragilis in the intestineAsa Sullivan
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Huddinge University Hospital, Karolinska Institutet, SE 141 86 Stockholm, Sweden
J Antimicrob Chemother 52:308-11. 2003..The objective of this study was to compare the effect of clindamycin on the intestinal microflora in subjects ingesting yogurt with added probiotic microorganisms with the microflora in subjects ingesting placebo yogurt...
- Ecological effects of perorally administered pivmecillinam on the normal vaginal microfloraAsa Sullivan
Division of Clinical Bacteriology, F82, Karolinska University Hospital Huddinge, SE 141 86 Stockholm, Sweden
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 49:170-5. 2005..No other major changes in the normal microflora occurred during the study. Administration of pivmecillinam had a minor ecological impact on the normal vaginal microflora...