Affiliation: Karolinska University Hospital
- Prognostic score systems and community-acquired bacteraemic pneumococcal pneumoniaC Spindler
Unit of Infectious Diseases, Dept of Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital, Solna, Sweden
Eur Respir J 28:816-23. 2006..The pneumonia severity index was the most sensitive, but CURB-65 was easier to use...
- Swedish guidelines on the management of community-acquired pneumonia in immunocompetent adults--Swedish Society of Infectious Diseases 2012Carl Spindler
Department of Infectious Diseases, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm
Scand J Infect Dis 44:885-902. 2012..Recommended measures for the prevention of CAP include vaccination for influenza and pneumococci, as well as smoking cessation...
- Effects of a large-scale introduction of the pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine among elderly persons in Stockholm, SwedenCarl Spindler
Karolinska Institutet, Department of Medicine Solna, Infectious Diseases Unit, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Vaccine 26:5541-6. 2008..The incidence of vaccine-type IPD in Stockholm declined significantly during the study period (1997-2001) in elderly persons, from 50 to 28.9/100,000, but not in other age groups in Stockholm, nor in any age group in Skåne...
- The IRIDICA PCR/Electrospray Ionization-Mass Spectrometry Assay on Bronchoalveolar Lavage for Bacterial Etiology in Mechanically Ventilated Patients with Suspected PneumoniaKristoffer Stralin
Department of Infectious Diseases, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
PLoS ONE 11:e0159694. 2016..The usefulness of the method for establishment of pneumonia etiology and selection of antibiotic therapy should be further studied. ..
- Quantitative detection of Streptococcus pneumoniae, Haemophilus influenzae, and Moraxella catarrhalis in lower respiratory tract samples by real-time PCRMadeleine Kais
Clinical Microbiology, Microbiology and Tumor Biology Center, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital Solna, SE 17176 Stockholm, Sweden
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 55:169-78. 2006..In the group of patients with LRTI, significant pathogens (>/=10(5) CFU/mL) were found in 32/135 samples (23.7%) with culture, in 51/135 (37.7%) with RQ-PCR, and in 59/135 (43.7%) when combining the methods...
- Narrow-Spectrum ß-Lactam Monotherapy in Hospital Treatment of Community-Acquired Pneumonia - A Register Based Cohort StudySamuel Rhedin
Department of Medicine Solna, Infectious Diseases Unit, Karolinska Institutet, and Department of Infectious Diseases, Karolinska University Hospital, SE 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Clin Microbiol Infect . 2016..To assess the clinical effect of empirical treatment with narrow-spectrum ß-lactam monotherapy (NSBM) versus broad-spectrum ß-lactam monotherapy (BSBM) in non-severe community-acquired pneumonia (CAP)...
- Clonal and capsular types decide whether pneumococci will act as a primary or opportunistic pathogenK Sjostrom
Department of Bacteriology, Swedish Institute for Infectious Disease Control, Karolinska University Hospital, Solna, Sweden
Clin Infect Dis 42:451-9. 2006..Streptococcus pneumoniae is a major cause of morbidity and mortality worldwide. The role of the different capsular and clonal types in invasive disease severity remains to be defined...