Affiliation: Karolinska Institutet
- The Ringloc liner compared with the Hexloc liner in total hip arthroplastySköldenberg Olof
Karolinska Institutet, Department of Clinical Sciences at Danderyd Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Orthop Rev (Pavia) 1:e16. 2009..The newer Ringloc liner with the ArCom™ polyethylene has superior clinical results but a linear wear rate and frequency of osteolytic lesions that is higher than expected...
- Reduced dislocation rate after hip arthroplasty for femoral neck fractures when changing from posterolateral to anterolateral approachOlof Sköldenberg
Karolinska Institutet, Department of Clinical Sciences, Danderyd Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Acta Orthop 81:583-7. 2010..We have therefore started to use the anterolateral approach on these patients and we now report the consequences of this change for the dislocation rate...
- Measurement of migration of a humeral head resurfacing prosthesis using radiostereometry without implant marking: an experimental studyOlof Sköldenberg
Department of Clinical Sciences at Danderyd Hospital, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Acta Orthop 82:193-7. 2011..We therefore used marker-free radiostereometry, developed for metal-backed acetabular cups, on a dummy model to validate the method for a humeral head resurfacing prosthesis...
- A new uncemented hydroxyapatite-coated femoral component for the treatment of femoral neck fractures: two-year radiostereometric and bone densitometric evaluation in 50 hipsO G Sköldenberg
Department of Clinical Sciences, Division of Orthopaedics, Karolinska Institute at Danderyd Hospital, S 18288 Stockholm, Sweden
J Bone Joint Surg Br 93:665-77. 2011..The two-year results from this pilot study indicate that this new, uncemented femoral component can be used for elderly patients with osteoporotic fractures of the femoral neck...
- The effect of weekly risedronate on periprosthetic bone resorption following total hip arthroplasty: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trialOlof Gustaf Sköldenberg
Division of Orthopaedics, Department of Clinical Sciences at Danderyd Hospital, Karolinska Institute, Danderyds sjukhus, 18288 Stockholm, Sweden
J Bone Joint Surg Am 93:1857-64. 2011..The aim of this trial was to investigate the effect of a bisphosphonate, risedronate, on femoral periprosthetic bone resorption following total hip arthroplasty in patients with osteoarthritis of the hip...
- Total hip arthroplasty with an uncemented hydroxyapatite-coated tapered titanium stem: results at a minimum of 10 years' follow-up in 104 hipsHenrik Bodén
Division of Orthopaedics, Karolinska Institutet at Danderyd Hospital, S 182 88 Danderyd, Stockholm, Sweden
J Orthop Sci 11:175-9. 2006..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the minimum 10-year results of primary total hip arthroplasty using an uncemented, hydroxyapatite-coated tapered stem. Radiological signs of bone remodeling are also presented...
- Lower periprosthetic bone loss and good fixation of an ultra-short stem compared to a conventional stem in uncemented total hip arthroplastyMats Salemyr
A Department of Orthopaedics, Danderyd Hospital and Department of Clinical Sciences at Danderyd Hospital KIDS, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Acta Orthop 86:659-66. 2015..We hypothesized that an ultra-short stem would load the proximal femur in a more physiological way and could therefore reduce the adaptive periprosthetic bone loss known as stress shielding...
- Vitamin-E diffused highly cross-linked polyethylene liner compared to standard liners in total hip arthroplasty. A randomized, controlled trialMats Salemyr
Division of Orthopaedics, Department of Clinical Sciences at Danderyd Hospital, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Int Orthop 39:1499-505. 2015..We hypothesized that a vitamin E-treated polyethylene articulating liner had lower femoral head penetration than a conventional liner...
- No effect of risedronate on femoral periprosthetic bone loss following total hip arthroplasty. A 4-year follow-up of 61 patients in a double-blind, randomized placebo-controlled trialOlle Muren
a Division of Orthopedics, Department of Clinical Sciences, Danderyd Hospital and the Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Acta Orthop 86:569-74. 2015..We have previously shown that during the first 2 years after total hip arthroplasty (THA), periprosthetic bone resorption can be prevented by 6 months of risedronate therapy. This follow-up study investigated this effect at 4 years...
- Porous titanium construct cup compared to porous coated titanium cup in total hip arthroplasty. A randomised controlled trialMats Salemyr
Unit of Orthopaedics, Department of Clinical Sciences at Danderyd Hospital, Karolinska Institutet, 182 88, Stockholm, Sweden
Int Orthop 39:823-32. 2015..The purpose of this study was to determine if a new titanium cup with increased porosity resulted in different periacetabular bone loss and migration compared to a porous coated cup...
- HOPE-trial: hemiarthroplasty compared to total hip arthroplasty for displaced femoral neck fractures in the elderly-elderly, a randomized controlled trialOlof Sköldenberg
Department of Clinical Sciences, Division of Orthopaedics, Karolinska Institutet at Danderyd Hospital, S 182 88, Danderyd, Sweden
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 16:307. 2015..The choice of primary total or hemiarthroplasty in patients over eighty years are controversial. We hypothesized that total hip arthroplasty has an equal or better outcome in patient-reported outcome compared with hemiarthroplasty...
- Unstable hip arthroplasties. A prospective cohort study on seventy dislocating hips followed up for four yearsOlle Wallner
Department of Clinical Sciences at Danderyd Hospital, Division of Orthopaedics, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Int Orthop 39:1037-44. 2015..The aim of this study is to describe the risk of recurrent instability after a primary dislocation of primary hip arthroplasty performed for osteoarthritis (OA) or femoral neck fracture (FNF)...
- Loss of offset after pertrochanteric hip fractures affects hip function one year after surgery with a short intramedullary nail. A prospective cohort studyMax Gordon
Division of Orthopaedics, Department of Clinical Sciences, Karolinska Institutet at Danderyd Hospital, 182 88, Danderyd, Sweden
Int Orthop 40:799-806. 2016..We hypothesised that protruding collum screws in intramedullary nails used for pertrochanteric fractures cause lateral pain/discomfort and that loss of offset relates to poorer hip function...
- Increased Long-Term Cardiovascular Risk After Total Hip Arthroplasty: A Nationwide Cohort StudyMax Gordon
From the Department of Clinical Sciences at Danderyd Hospital, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden MG, AR, SA, TE, As, OS Department of Orthopedics, Institute of Surgical Sciences, Uppsala University Hospital, Uppsala, Sweden AG, NH Swedish Hip Arthroplasty Register, Registercentrum VGR, Gothenburg, Sweden or, GG Department of Orthopedics, Institute of Clinical Sciences, Sahlgrenska Academy, University of Gothenburg, Gothenburg, Sweden or, GG and Harris Orthopedic Laboratory, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School OR, Boston, MA
Medicine (Baltimore) 95:e2662. 2016..08 (95% CI 1.06-1.11).Patients with surgically treated osteoarthritis of the hip have an increased risk of cardiovascular morbidity and mortality many years after the operation when compared with controls. ..
- High risk of early periprosthetic fractures after primary hip arthroplasty in elderly patients using a cemented, tapered, polished stemCyrus Brodén
Department of Orthopedics at Danderyd Hospital and Department of Clinical Sciences at Danderyd Hospital KIDS, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm
Acta Orthop 86:169-74. 2015..We assessed the incidence and characteristics of periprosthetic fractures in a consecutive cohort of elderly patients treated with a cemented, collarless, polished and tapered femoral stem (CPT)...