Affiliation: Karolinska Institutet
- Stability and change in alcohol habits of different socio-demographic subgroups--a cohort studyLovisa Sydén
Department of Public Health Sciences, Division of Social Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Widerströmska huset, Floor 8, Tomtebodav, 18 a, SE 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
BMC Public Health 14:525. 2014..The aim was to study stability and change in alcohol habits by sex, age, and socio-economic position (SEP)...
- Does the prevention paradox apply to various alcohol habits and problems among Swedish adolescents?Anders Romelsjo
Department of Public Health Sciences, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Eur J Public Health 22:899-903. 2012..We examined the extent to which the prevention paradox applies to the relationship between alcohol consumption, heavy episodic drinking (HED) and alcohol-related problems in adolescents; an area in which studies are lacking...
- Mortality and causes of death among violent offenders and victims--a Swedish population based longitudinal studyMarlene Stenbacka
Addiction Center Stockholm, Karolinska University Hospital Solna, Building Z8, 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
BMC Public Health 12:38. 2012....
- Were the changes to Sweden's maintenance treatment policy 2000-06 related to changes in opiate-related mortality and morbidity?Anders Romelsjo
Karolinska Institute, Department of Public Health Sciences, Stockholm, Sweden
Addiction 105:1625-32. 2010..To analyse whether changes in maintenance treatment of opiate-dependent subjects in Sweden were related to changes in opiate-related mortality and inpatient care from 1998 to 2006...
- Alcohol, mortality and cardiovascular events in a 35 year follow-up of a nationwide representative cohort of 50,000 Swedish conscripts up to age 55A Romelsjo
Department of Public Health Sciences, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Alcohol Alcohol 47:322-7. 2012....
- Problem drinking in relation to treatment outcome among opiate addicts in methadone maintenance treatmentM Stenbacka
Departments of Clinical Neuroscience, Public Health Sciences, Stockholm University, Stockholm, Sweden
Drug Alcohol Rev 26:55-63. 2007..Concurrent treatment of alcohol-related problems, including systematic monitoring of alcohol use, therefore should be recommended to reduce the risk for relapse into illicit drug use and improve overall treatment outcome in MMT...
- Changes in alcohol-related inpatient care in Stockholm County in relation to socioeconomic status during a period of decline in alcohol consumptionA Romelsjo
Karolinska Institute, Department of Social Medicine, Sundbyberg, Sweden
Am J Public Health 79:52-6. 1989..We conclude that the goal for national alcohol policy, suggested by the WHO--a reduction of per capita consumption--should be combined with additional measures that will reach all social groups...
- Predictors of a favourable socio-economic situation in middle age for Swedish conscripts with self-reported drug useI Davstad
Division of Social Medicine, Department of Public Health Sciences, Karolinska Institute, 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Drug Alcohol Depend 128:37-44. 2013..Risk and protective factors for adverse outcomes among drug users in the general population have been identified. This study considers whether some of these factors predict favourable socio-economic situations in middle age...
- Criminality and suicide: a longitudinal Swedish cohort studyM Stenbacka
Addiction Center Stockholm, St Eriks Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
BMJ Open 4:e003497. 2014..We also investigated whether the risk was higher among those with repeated offences and how experiences of substance misuse and suicide attempt modified the relationship...
- No excess risk of colorectal cancer among alcoholics followed for up to 25 yearsW Ye
Department of Medical Epidemiology, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Br J Cancer 88:1044-6. 2003..Our findings challenge the hypothesis that alcohol intake is a risk factor for cancer of the large bowel...