Affiliation: Karolinska University Hospital
- Effects of oral contraceptives on body composition and physical performance in female athletesAnette Rickenlund
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Karolinska University Hospital, SE 17176 Stockholm, Sweden
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:4364-70. 2004..However, it cannot be excluded that a marked increase in fat mass might have unfavorable effects for athletic performance in individual women...
- Oral contraceptives improve endothelial function in amenorrheic athletesAnette Rickenlund
Research Laboratory for Reproductive Health, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, C4 U1, Karolinska University Hospital, SE 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 90:3162-7. 2005..We conclude that amenorrheic athletes benefit from treatment with OC with respect to endothelial function. OC treatment is also associated with some modest alterations in the lipid profile and in markers of inflammation...
- Aortic valve type and calcification as assessed by transthoracic and transoesophageal echocardiographyMohamed Yousry
Departments of Clinical Physiology, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Clin Physiol Funct Imaging 35:306-13. 2015..Aortic valve calcification (AVC) may predict poor outcome. Bicuspid aortic valve (BAV) leads to several haemodynamic changes accelerating the progress of aortic valve (AV) disease...
- Hyperandrogenicity is an alternative mechanism underlying oligomenorrhea or amenorrhea in female athletes and may improve physical performanceAnette Rickenlund
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Karolinska Hospital and Huddinge University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Fertil Steril 79:947-55. 2003..To evaluate endocrine mechanisms underlying oligomenorrhea or amenorrhea in female athletes...
- Diurnal profiles of testosterone and pituitary hormones suggest different mechanisms for menstrual disturbances in endurance athletesAnette Rickenlund
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Karolinska Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:702-7. 2004..g. essential hyperandrogenism...
- Amenorrhea in female athletes is associated with endothelial dysfunction and unfavorable lipid profileAnette Rickenlund
Department of Clinical Physiology, N101, Karolinska University Hospital, Box 140, SE 17176 Stockholm, Sweden
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 90:1354-9. 2005..Additional studies are needed to elucidate the clinical implications of these results with regard to long-term risk for cardiovascular disease...
- Cardiac remodelling and functional alterations in mild-to-moderate renal dysfunction: comparison with healthy subjectsAnna M Asp
Department of Clinical Physiology, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden Department of Molecular Medicine and Surgery, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Clin Physiol Funct Imaging 35:223-30. 2015..Left ventricular (LV) hypertrophy (LVH) and reduced LV function correlate with poor prognosis in patients with chronic kidney disease (CKD). Our aim is to investigate whether mild-to-moderate CKD is associated with cardiac abnormalities...
- The feasibility of velocity vector imaging by transesophageal echocardiography for assessment of elastic properties of the descending aorta in aortic valve diseaseJohan Petrini
Department of Clinical Physiology, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 23:985-92. 2010..The aim of this study was to determine the feasibility and variability of VVI for the assessment of aortic strain, distensibility, and stiffness in patients with aortic valve disease...