Caroline Olgart Hoglund
Affiliation: Karolinska Institutet
- Evidence for nonvesicular nitric oxide release evoked by nerve activationC Olgart
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Eur J Neurosci 12:1303-9. 2000..1 microM). These findings suggest that the neuronal release of endogenous NO is independent of intact synaptobrevin/VAMP, and therefore provide further evidence that nerve-mediated release of further NO is nonvesicular...
- Nerve growth factor and asthmaCaroline Olgart Hoglund
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale Unité 425, Neuroimmunopharmacologie Pulmonaire, Faculte de Pharmacie, Université Louis Pasteur Strasbourg I, B P 24, 67 401 Illkirch Cedex, France
Pulm Pharmacol Ther 15:51-60. 2002
- Nerve growth factor levels and localisation in human asthmatic bronchiC Olgart Hoglund
Eur Respir J 20:1110-6. 2002....
- Brain-derived neurotrophic factor enhances histamine-induced airway responses and changes levels of exhaled nitric oxide in guinea pigs in vivoLydia Bennedich Kahn
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Eur J Pharmacol 595:78-83. 2008..Taken together this indicates that BDNF may be of importance for airway hyperresponsiveness in vivo. The interaction between BDNF and airway NO formation, and its relation to airway responses, merit further investigation...
- Local increase in the number of mast cells and expression of nerve growth factor in the bronchus of asthmatic patients after repeated inhalation of allergen at low-doseO Kassel
INSERM U 425, , , BP 24, 67401 Illkirch Cedex, France
Clin Exp Allergy 31:1432-40. 2001..In addition, our finding of the presence of the TrkA receptor on the membrane of the infiltrated mast cell in situ brings evidence of the mast cell as a target cell for the growth factor activity of NGF in the airways in asthma...
- Neurotrophins and neurotrophin receptors in pulmonary sarcoidosis - granulomas as a source of expressionCharlotta Dagnell
Department of Medicine Solna, Respiratory Medicine Unit, Karolinska Institutet Karolinska University Hospital Solna, Stockholm, Sweden
Respir Res 11:156. 2010..However, less is known about levels of BDNF and NT-3, and moreover, knowledge in the cellular sources of neurotrophins and the distribution of the corresponding neurotrophin receptors in airway tissue in sarcoidosis is lacking...
- Nerve growth factor enhances neurokinin A-induced airway responses and exhaled nitric oxide via a histamine-dependent mechanismLydia Bennedich Kahn
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Karolinska Institutet, Von Eulers Vag 8, 17177 Stockholm, Sweden
Pulm Pharmacol Ther 21:522-32. 2008..This points to an important role for the mast cell in neurotrophin-evoked airway hyperresponsiveness and changes in exhaled NO...
- Human lung fibroblasts secrete nerve growth factor: effect of inflammatory cytokines and glucocorticoidsC Olgart
, Neuroimmunopharmacologie Pulmonaire, , , Illkirch, France
Eur Respir J 18:115-21. 2001....
- Effects of neurotrophins on human bronchial smooth muscle cell migration and matrix metalloproteinase-9 secretionCharlotta Dagnell
Department of Medicine Solna, Division of Respiratory Medicine, Karolinska Institutet and Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Transl Res 150:303-10. 2007..BDNF and NT-3, but not NGF, stimulated HBSMC migration as evaluated by Boyden chamber. Taken together, our data indicate that the neurotrophins may stimulate events important for airway remodeling...
- Maternal bereavement and childhood asthma-analyses in two large samples of Swedish childrenFang Fang
Department of Medical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
PLoS ONE 6:e27202. 2011..Prenatal factors such as prenatal psychological stress might influence the development of childhood asthma...
- Serotonin-1A receptor polymorphism (rs6295) associated with thermal pain perceptionFredrik Lindstedt
Osher Center for Integrative Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
PLoS ONE 7:e43221. 2012..Based upon this and several other similar observations, we hypothesized that G-carriers would exhibit a relative hypoalgesia at mild thermal stimuli but tend towards hyperalgesia at higher noxious intensities...
- Nerve growth factor secretion by human lung epithelial A549 cells in pro- and anti-inflammatory conditionsF Pons
, , Neuroimmunopharmacologie Pulmonaire, , , B.P. 24, 67401 Cedex, Illkirch, France
Eur J Pharmacol 428:365-9. 2001..001). In conclusion, we here report that human airway A549 epithelial cells are capable of producing NGF. This production is positively regulated by the pro-inflammatory interleukin-1beta, and negatively regulated by dexamethasone...
- Effects of examination stress on psychological responses, sleep and allergic symptoms in atopic and non-atopic studentsSusanna Jernelöv
Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Int J Behav Med 16:305-10. 2009..Recent findings indicate that atopics may be more vulnerable to stress than non-atopics. However, the roles of psychological well-being and sleep in this presumed increased sensitivity are not known...