Affiliation: Karolinska Institutet
- No association between gastroesophageal reflux and cancers of the larynx and pharynxMagnus Nilsson
Department of Surgery P9 03, Karolinska Hospital, SE 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 14:1194-7. 2005..To examine the proposed relation between gastroesophageal reflux disease and cancers of the larynx and pharynx...
- Obesity and estrogen as risk factors for gastroesophageal reflux symptomsMagnus Nilsson
Department of Surgery, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
JAMA 290:66-72. 2003..Gastroesophageal reflux and obesity are both increasing in prevalence. The scientific evidence for an association between these conditions is sparse and contradictory. A difference between sexes concerning this relation has been proposed...
- The relation between body mass and gastro-oesophageal refluxMagnus Nilsson
Department of Surgery, Karolinska Intitutet, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Best Pract Res Clin Gastroenterol 18:1117-23. 2004..Weight-reduction seems to reduce the risk of symptomatic gastro-oesophageal reflux disease, indicating that such strategy might be a useful tool in the treatment of reflux...
- The relation between gastroesophageal reflux and respiratory symptoms in a population-based study: the Nord-Trøndelag health surveyHelena Nordenstedt
Department of Molecular Medicine and Surgery, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital, Solna, SE 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Chest 129:1051-6. 2006..In spite of numerous investigations, the relation between respiratory symptoms and reflux symptoms in the general population remains unclear, since population-based studies are few...
- Ten years' experience of enzyme infusion therapy of Norrbottnian (type 3) Gaucher diseaseAnders Erikson
Department of Paediatrics, Umea University, Umea, Sweden
Acta Paediatr 95:312-7. 2006..To study the long-term effects of enzyme replacement therapy on the neurological signs of chronic neuronopathic Gaucher disease and to evaluate some biochemical parameters for monitoring the treatment...
- Iatrogenic bile duct injury: a population-based study of 152 776 cholecystectomies in the Swedish Inpatient RegistryAnne Waage
Department of Surgery, Karolinska University Hospital, Huddinge, 14186 Stockholm, Sweden
Arch Surg 141:1207-13. 2006..The incidence of BDI at cholecystectomy may have increased after the introduction of laparoscopic cholecystectomy...
- Helicobacter pylori infection and gastroesophageal reflux in a population-based study (The HUNT Study)Helena Nordenstedt
Unit of Esophageal and Gastric Research, Department of Molecular Medicine and Surgery, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Helicobacter 12:16-22. 2007..pylori and reflux remains uncertain. The aim of this study was to investigate this relationship in a population-based, nested, case-control study...
- Endoscopic sphincterotomy and risk of malignancy in the bile ducts, liver, and pancreasCecilia Strömberg
Department of Clinical Science, Intervention and Technology, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 6:1049-53. 2008..However, large population-based studies testing this hypothesis are lacking. The aim of this study was to evaluate the risk in a large population-based cohort...