Affiliation: Karolinska Institutet
- Disintegration of the Top Stent on Zenith Abdominal Aortic Stent-GraftsDavid Lindstrom
Department of Molecular Medicine and Surgery, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden Department of Vascular Surgery, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
J Endovasc Ther 23:302-6. 2016..To describe a heretofore unreported complication involving the Zenith Low Profile (LP) stent-graft...
- The thioredoxin and glutaredoxin systems in smoking cessation and the possible relation to postoperative wound complications David Lindstrom
Department of Clinical Science and Education, Karolinska Institute, Sodersjukhuset, Stockholm, Sweden email
Wounds 22:88-93. 2010..The underlying mechanisms are poorly characterized. The present study is the first to investigate how short-term smoking cessation affects the thioredoxin and glutaredoxin systems...
- Outcome after 7 years of carotid artery stenting and endarterectomy in Sweden - single centre and national resultsD Lindstrom
Department of Vascular Surgery, Karolinska University Hospital, 17176 Stockholm, Sweden
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 43:499-503. 2012..The second aim was to compare CAS and carotid artery endarterectomy (CEA) outcomes for the same 7-year period...
- Effects of a perioperative smoking cessation intervention on postoperative complications: a randomized trialDavid Lindstrom
Surgery Section, Department of Clinical Science and Education, Sodersjukhuset, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Ann Surg 248:739-45. 2008..To determine whether an intervention with smoking cessation starting 4 weeks before general and orthopedic surgery would reduce the frequency of postoperative complications...
- Disappointment and drop-out rate after being allocated to control group in a smoking cessation trialD Lindstrom
Department of Clinical Science and Education, Karolinska Institute, Section of Surgery, Sodersjukhuset, SE 11883 Stockholm, Sweden
Contemp Clin Trials 31:22-6. 2010..This study's aim was to investigate how patients react after they have been randomised into control group...
- [Preoperative cessation of smoking seems to reduce the frequency of complications]David Lindstrom
Kirurgkliniken, Sodersjukhuset, Stockholm
Lakartidningen 101:1920-2. 2004..Therefore, further studies on preoperative smoking cessation are needed. Three randomised multi-center trials in greater Stockholm are planned to further elucidate these questions...
- High body mass index is associated with increased risk of implant dislocation following primary total hip replacement: 2,106 patients followed for up to 8 yearsOmid Sadr Azodi
Department of Medicine, Clinical Epidemiology Unit, Karolinska University Hospital Solna, Stockholm, Sweden
Acta Orthop 79:141-7. 2008..Implant dislocation is one of the commonest complications following primary total hip replacement (THR). We investigated the effect of body mass index (BMI) and tobacco use on the risk of this complication...
- The Impact of Stent Graft Material on the Inflammatory Response After EVARFredrik Sartipy
Section of Vascular Surgery, Department of Clinical Science and Education, Karolinska Institutet, Sodersjukhuset, Stockholm, Sweden
Vasc Endovascular Surg 49:79-83. 2015..Previous studies suggest that type of stent graft material (polyester or polytetrafluoroethylene [PTFE]) plays a role...
- Age at detection of abdominal aortic aneurysms in siblings of patients with abdominal aortic aneurysmsAnneli Linné
Section of Vascular Surgery, Department of Surgery, Sodersjukhuset, Stockholm, Sweden Department of Clinical Science and Education, Karolinska Institutet at Södersjukhuset, Stockholm, Sweden Electronic address
J Vasc Surg 63:883-7. 2016..Evidence regarding the optimal age to screen siblings is scarce. The aim of this study was to describe the age at detection in siblings found with AAAs...
- Outcome after nitinol stenting in the superficial femoral and popliteal artery in an elderly populationPeter Gillgren
Vascular Surgery Section, Department of Clinical Science and Education, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Ann Vasc Surg 25:758-65. 2011..To assess outcomes in an elderly and diseased population after stenting in the femoropopliteal segment and evaluate risk factors for poor prognosis...
- Long-Term Outcome After Carotid Artery Stenting: A Population-Based Matched Cohort StudyMagnus Jonsson
From the Department of Clinical Science and Education, Sodersjukhuset, Karolinska Institutet, and Department of Surgery, Sodersjukhuset, Stockholm, Sweden M J, P G, J M Institute of Molecular Medicine and Surgery, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden D L Department of Vascular Surgery, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden D L and Department of Surgical Sciences, Section of Vascular Surgery, Uppsala University, Sweden A W
Stroke 47:2083-9. 2016..The aim was to assess long-term outcomes after CAS, compared with CEA, in a nationwide cohort study...
- The role of procalcitonin in postimplantation syndrome after EVAR: a pilot studyFredrik Sartipy
Section of Vascular Surgery, Department of Clinical Science and Education, Karolinska Institutet, Sodersjukhuset, Stockholm, Sweden Electronic address
Ann Vasc Surg 28:866-73. 2014..Procalcitonin (PCT) is a diagnostic marker for severe bacterial infections and sepsis. We hypothesize that low-PCT levels facilitate the PIS diagnosis after EVAR...
- High prevalence of abdominal aortic aneurysms in brothers and sisters of patients despite a low prevalence in the populationAnneli Linné
Department of Clinical Science and Education, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
J Vasc Surg 56:305-10. 2012..The primary purpose of this study was to assess the prevalence of AAAs among siblings of persons with AAAs and to investigate the proportion of siblings already diagnosed by opportunistic screening...