Affiliation: Karolinska Institutet
- Cloning of deleted sequences (CODE): A genomic subtraction method for enriching and cloning deleted sequencesJ Li
Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Biotechniques 31:788, 790, 792-3. 2001..This procedure resulted in the rapid isolation and efficient cloning of genomic sequences homozygously deleted from the driver DNA sample, but present in the tester DNA fraction...
- Inactivation of RASSF1C during in vivo tumor growth identifies it as a tumor suppressor geneJingfeng Li
Microbiology and Tumorbiology Center, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm 171 77, Sweden
Oncogene 23:5941-9. 2004..In addition, RASSF1C was shown to induce cell cycle arrest in KRC/Y cells. These results strongly imply that like RASSF1A the RASSF1C gene could serve a tumor suppressor function...
- High mutability of the tumor suppressor genes RASSF1 and RBSP3 (CTDSPL) in cancerVladimir I Kashuba
Department of Microbiology, Tumor and Cell Biology, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
PLoS ONE 4:e5231. 2009..Somatic hypermutation is a powerful mechanism for generation of different mutations. It was shown previously that somatic hypermutability of proto-oncogenes can induce development of lymphomas...
- Functional characterization of the candidate tumor suppressor gene NPRL2/G21 located in 3p21.3CJingfeng Li
Microbiology and Tumor Biology Center, Center for Genomics and Bioinformatics, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Cancer Res 64:6438-43. 2004..This study, together with previously obtained results, indicates that NPRL2 is a multiple tumor suppressor gene...
- HYAL1 and HYAL2 inhibit tumour growth in vivo but not in vitroFuli Wang
Microbiology and Tumour Biology Center, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
PLoS ONE 3:e3031. 2008..Until now TSGs which were isolated from AP20 and LUCA regions (e.g.G21/NPRL2, RASSF1A, RASSF1C, SEMA3B, SEMA3F, RBSP3) were shown to inhibit tumour cell growth both in vitro and in vivo...
- RBSP3 (HYA22) is a tumor suppressor gene implicated in major epithelial malignanciesVladimir I Kashuba
Microbiology and Tumor Biology Center and Center for Genomics and Bioinformatics, Karolinska Institute, 17177 Stockholm, Sweden
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:4906-11. 2004....
- Consistent downregulation of human lactoferrin gene, in the common eliminated region 1 on 3p21.3, following tumor growth in severe combined immunodeficient (SCID) miceYing Yang
Microbiology and Tumor Biology Center, Karolinska Institute, Nobelsvägen 16, 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Cancer Lett 191:155-64. 2003..Promoter methylation and/or rearrangement of the insertion site may be responsible for human LF downregulation in mouse fibrosarcoma derived tumors...
- NotI subtraction and NotI-specific microarrays to detect copy number and methylation changes in whole genomesJingfeng Li
Microbiology and Tumor Biology Center, Karolinska Institute, 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:10724-9. 2002..These microarrays, when probed with NRs, can simultaneously detect copy number changes and methylation. NotI microarrays offer a powerful tool with which to study carcinogenesis...