Affiliation: Karolinska Institutet
- Physical performance and 25-hydroxyvitamin D: a cross-sectional study of pregnant Swedish and Somali immigrant women and new mothersPaul Kalliokoski
Primary Care Center Jakobsgårdarna, Jaxtorget 7A, Box 100 33 Borlänge S 781 10, Sweden
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 13:237. 2013..The study aims were to examine physical performance in the hands and upper legs, and analyze plasma 25-hydroxyvitamin D (25(OH)D) concentrations in women with presumably low (veiled, Somali-born) and high levels (unveiled, Swedish-born)...
- Pain drawings and concepts of pain among patients with "half-body" complaintsMonica Löfvander
Center for Family Medicine, Department of Neurobiology, Caring Sciences and Society, Karolinska Institutet, Huddinge, Sweden
Patient Educ Couns 66:353-60. 2007..To explore main features of pain drawings and concepts about illness in patients seeking help for "half-body" complaints at two primary health care centres in different parts of Sweden...
- The immigrant patient having widespread pain. Clinical findings by physicians in Swedish primary careMonica B Löfvander
Center for Family Medicine, Department of Clinical Sciences, Karolinska Institutet, Huddinge, Sweden
Disabil Rehabil 29:381-8. 2007..Do the clinical findings explain the complaints of longstanding demonstrated widespread pain (DWP) in a group of immigrant patients, or not?..
- Pain intensity and severe pain in young immigrant patients with long-standing back painMonica Löfvander
Rinkeby Health Centre, Skårbygränd 3, 16372, Spånga, Sweden
Eur Spine J 17:89-96. 2008..0, 95% CI 0.95-4.3). The groups did not differ significantly in pain intensity or severe pain. Severe pain was predicted by depressed mood and probably linked to gender, age and sick roles...
- Mortality in depressed and non-depressed primary care Swedish patients: a 12-year follow-up cohort studyRanja Stromberg
Department of Neurobiology, Centre for Family Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Huddinge
Fam Pract 30:514-9. 2013..Data regarding mortality among depressed patients in Swedish primary care is limited...
- Work performance and pain intensity during exercise. A before-and-after study of a cognitive-behavioural treatment in primary care of young immigrant patientsMonica Löfvander
Rinkeby Health Centre, Stockholm, Sweden
Disabil Rehabil 26:439-47. 2004..To explore the efficacy of an exercise programme (EP) in primary care on work performance and pain intensity in young immigrants having pain...
- Short-term cognitive-behavioral treatment in multicultural primary care of patients with longstanding backacheMarina Taloyan
Centre for Family and Community Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden
Scand J Psychol 54:371-5. 2013..3 (95% CI 1.1-4.6) in the 38-45 year old age group. To conclude, a focus on pain ideas reduced pain-related worry and depression in these patients with various sociocultural backgrounds and longstanding backache...
- An observer-participant study in primary care of assessments of inability to work in immigrant patients with ongoing sick leaveMonica Löfvander
Department of Clinical Sciences, Division of Family Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Scand J Prim Health Care 21:199-204. 2003..To explore the factors related to doctors' assessments of incapacity to work (IW)...
- Psychosocial stressors and depression at a Swedish primary health care centre. A gender perspective studyRanja Stromberg
Center for Family and Community Medicine, Department of Neurobiology, Caring Sciences and Society, Karolinska Institutet, Alfred Nobels alle 12, SE 12183 Huddinge, Sweden
BMC Fam Pract 12:120. 2011..The aim of this study was to analyse the association between depression and socio-demographic data, psychosocial stressors and lifestyle circumstances from a gender perspective in a relatively affluent primary care setting...
- Transcultural general practice in ScandinaviaMonica Löfvander
Family Medicine Stockholm, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden
Scand J Prim Health Care 20:6-9. 2002..In our opinion, studies using action research methods are to be preferred, since clinical transcultural care deals with complex illness patterns, including many emotional dilemmas...
- A comparison between the Beck's Depression Inventory and the Gotland Male Depression Scale in detecting depression among men visiting a drop-in clinic in primary careRanja Stromberg
Center for Family and Community Medicine, Department of Neurobiology, Caring Sciences and Society, Karolinska Institutet, Huddinge, Sweden
Nord J Psychiatry 64:258-64. 2010..Anger attacks and alcohol use may mask depressive symptoms in men. Only the Gotland Male Depression Scale (GS) includes such items...
- Depression and gender differences among younger immigrant patients on sick leave due to chronic back pain: a primary care studyMarina Taloyan
1 Center for Family and Community Medicine, Department of Neurobiology, Caring Sciences and Society, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Prim Health Care Res Dev 15:5-14. 2014....