Affiliation: Karolinska Institutet
- An epidemiological study of ADHD, substance use, and comorbid problems in incarcerated women in SwedenMaija Konstenius
Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
J Atten Disord 19:44-52. 2015..The aim of this study was to examine the prevalence of ADHD and psychiatric comorbidity, including substance use in incarcerated women...
- Amphetamine-induced psychosis--a separate diagnostic entity or primary psychosis triggered in the vulnerable?Jørgen G Bramness
Norwegian Centre for Addiction Research, SERAF, Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
BMC Psychiatry 12:221. 2012..Our paper reviews the literature in this field and proposes a stress-vulnerability model for understanding the relationship between amphetamine use and psychosis...
- Sustained release methylphenidate for the treatment of ADHD in amphetamine abusers: a pilot studyMaija Konstenius
Division of Psychiatry, Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Karolinska Institutet, 17176 Stockholm, Sweden
Drug Alcohol Depend 108:130-3. 2010..No difference was found between the two groups with regards to craving for amphetamine or in retention in treatment. Larger studies with higher doses combined with individual dosage and longer follow-up periods are warranted...
- Naltrexone attenuates the subjective effects of amphetamine in patients with amphetamine dependenceNitya Jayaram-Lindström
Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Section for Alcohol and Drug Dependence Research, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Neuropsychopharmacology 33:1856-63. 2008..The results suggest that the subjective effects of amphetamine could be modulated via the endogenous opioid system. The potential of naltrexone as an adjunct pharmaceutical for amphetamine dependence is promising...
- Factors Associated With Adherence to Methylphenidate Treatment in Adult Patients With Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder and Substance Use DisordersCharlotte Skoglund
From the Division of Psychiatry, Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Department of Medicine Solna, Center for Pharmacoepidemiology, Department of Medical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Lung and Allergy Unit, Astrid Lindgren Children s Hospital, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden and Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences Indiana University, Bloomington, IN
J Clin Psychopharmacol 36:222-8. 2016..In conclusion, this study shows that higher MPH doses were associated with long-term treatment adherence in individuals with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder and SUD...
- Methylphenidate for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and drug relapse in criminal offenders with substance dependence: a 24-week randomized placebo-controlled trialMaija Konstenius
Division of Psychiatry, Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Addiction 109:440-9. 2014....