Affiliation: Karolinska Institutet
- The effect of capsular repair, bone block healing, and position on the results of the Bristow-Latarjet procedure (study III): long-term follow-up in 319 shouldersLennart Hovelius
Division of Surgery and Perioperative Science, Department of Orthopedics, Umea University, Umea, Sweden
J Shoulder Elbow Surg 21:647-60. 2012..We evaluated the results of the May modification of the Bristow-Latarjet procedure ("coracoid in standing position") in 319 shoulders with respect to (1) coracoid healing and position and (2) surgical treatment of the joint capsule...
- Primary anterior dislocation of the shoulder: long-term prognosis at the age of 40 years or youngerLennart Hovelius
Orthopedic Department, Gavle Hospital, Lasarettsvägen 1, SE 801 88, Gavle, Sweden
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 24:330-42. 2016..We describe the long-term prognosis in 257 first-time anterior shoulder dislocations (255 patients, aged 12-40 years) registered at 27 Swedish emergency units between 1978 and 1979...
- Bristow-Latarjet and Bankart: a comparative study of shoulder stabilization in 185 shoulders during a seventeen-year follow-upLennart Hovelius
Division of Surgery and Perioperative Science, Department of Orthopedics, Umea University Hospital, Umea, Sweden
J Shoulder Elbow Surg 20:1095-101. 2011..In 2 Swedish hospitals, 88 consecutive shoulders underwent Bankart repair (B), and 97 consecutive shoulders underwent Bristow-Latarjet repair (B-L) for traumatic anterior recurrent instability...
- Neer Award 2008: Arthropathy after primary anterior shoulder dislocation--223 shoulders prospectively followed up for twenty-five yearsLennart Hovelius
Division of Surgery and Perioperative Science, Department of Orthopedics, Umea University Hospital, Umea, Sweden Orthopedic Department, Gavle Hospital, Gavle, Sweden
J Shoulder Elbow Surg 18:339-47. 2009..Shoulder dislocation may cause arthropathy, but the natural history of this evolution is not well described. We therefore conducted a radiographic follow-up 25 years after the primary shoulder dislocation...
- Nonoperative treatment of primary anterior shoulder dislocation in patients forty years of age and younger. a prospective twenty-five-year follow-upLennart Hovelius
Department of Orthopedics, Gavle Hospital, S 801 87 Gävle, Sweden
J Bone Joint Surg Am 90:945-52. 2008..During 1978 and 1979, we initiated a prospective multicenter study to evaluate the results of nonoperative treatment of primary anterior shoulder dislocation. In the current report, we present the outcome after twenty-five years...
- Increased mortality after anterior shoulder dislocation: 255 patients aged 12-40 years followed for 25 yearsLennart Hovelius
Division of Surgery and Perioperative Science, Department of Orthopedics, Umea University Hospital, Sweden
Acta Orthop 78:822-6. 2007..In this study we have examined the mortality rate in these patients 25 years after the primary dislocation, relative to that of the Swedish population in general...
- Documentation of dislocation arthropathy of the shoulder "area index": a better method to objectify the humeral osteophyte?Lennart Hovelius
Division of Surgery and Perioperative Science, Department of Orthopedics, Umea University Hospital, Gavle, Sweden
J Shoulder Elbow Surg 17:197-201. 2008..The radiological change over time should also be more appropriately described. Furthermore, this paper emphasizes the importance of using the same radiological views when dislocation arthropathy of the shoulder is documented...
- One hundred eighteen Bristow-Latarjet repairs for recurrent anterior dislocation of the shoulder prospectively followed for fifteen years: study II-the evolution of dislocation arthropathyLennart Hovelius
Centre for Musculoskeletal Research, University of Gavle, Umea, Sweden
J Shoulder Elbow Surg 15:279-89. 2006..When follow-up studies of operated series of shoulder dislocations with the Bristow-Latarjet method are done, it is important to have the same radiologic views to compare the incidence of dislocation arthropathy correctly...
- One hundred eighteen Bristow-Latarjet repairs for recurrent anterior dislocation of the shoulder prospectively followed for fifteen years: study I--clinical resultsLennart Hovelius
Centre for Musculosceletal Research, University of Gavle, Umea, Sweden
J Shoulder Elbow Surg 13:509-16. 2004..However, until the radiologic part of this study is completed, we recommend the procedure only for shoulders with revision because of failed previous surgery and to surgeons familiar with the method...
- Incidence of congenital clubfoot in SwedenHenrik Wallander
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Gavle Hospital, Gavle, Sweden
Acta Orthop 77:847-52. 2006..Nationwide studies of the incidence are scarce. We performed a prospective multicenter study in order to assess the cumulative incidence in Sweden over 2 consecutive years...
- [Shoulder diseases]Anders Nordqvist
Universitetssjukhuset MAS, Malmo
Lakartidningen 104:1492-6. 2007