Affiliation: Karolinska Institutet
- Effect of primary site on prognosis in patients with cutaneous malignant melanoma. A study using a new model to analyse anatomical locationsPeter Gillgren
Department of Surgery, Stockholm Soder Hospital, SE 118 83 Stockholm, Sweden
Melanoma Res 15:125-32. 2005..It can be concluded that the tumour site is of prognostic importance, and that the middle and lower back and supramammary and mammary areas are independent factors related to a poor prognosis...
- Outcome after nitinol stenting in the superficial femoral and popliteal artery in an elderly populationPeter Gillgren
Vascular Surgery Section, Department of Clinical Science and Education, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Ann Vasc Surg 25:758-65. 2011..To assess outcomes in an elderly and diseased population after stenting in the femoropopliteal segment and evaluate risk factors for poor prognosis...
- 2-cm versus 4-cm surgical excision margins for primary cutaneous melanoma thicker than 2 mm: a randomised, multicentre trialPeter Gillgren
Department of Clinical Science and Education, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Lancet 378:1635-42. 2011..The aim of the study was to test whether survival was different for a wide local excision margin of 2 cm compared with a 4-cm excision margin...
- Time trends in incidence of cutaneous melanoma by detailed anatomical location and patterns of ultraviolet radiation exposure: a retrospective population-based studyDaniela Gordon
aDepartment of Medicine Solna, Clinical Epidemiology Unit Departments of bClinical Science and Education cMedical Epidemiology and Biostatistics dOncology and Pathology eDepartment of Clinical Sciences, Danderyd Hospital, Karolinska Institutet fDepartment of Surgery, Stockholm South General Hospital gDepartment of Oncology, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Melanoma Res 25:348-56. 2015..3, 95% CI 0.3-0.4), compared with the female sex. Sex-specific intermittent UVR exposure patterns drove the observed increase in melanoma incidence, whereas chronic UVR exposure contributed less. ..
- The Impact of Stent Graft Material on the Inflammatory Response After EVARFredrik Sartipy
Section of Vascular Surgery, Department of Clinical Science and Education, Karolinska Institutet, Sodersjukhuset, Stockholm, Sweden
Vasc Endovascular Surg 49:79-83. 2015..Previous studies suggest that type of stent graft material (polyester or polytetrafluoroethylene [PTFE]) plays a role...
- Sentinel node location in trunk and extremity melanomas: uncommon or multiple lymph drainage does not affect survivalDaniela Gordon
Department of Medicine Solna, Clinical Epidemiology Unit, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Ann Surg Oncol 21:3386-94. 2014..Patients with cutaneous melanoma (CM) on the trunk have a worse prognosis than those with extremity CM. One reason could be multiple or uncommon (outside axilla or groin) sentinel node locations (SNLs)...