Affiliation: Karolinska Institutet
- Differential expression of aquaporin 8 in human colonic epithelial cells and colorectal tumorsH Fischer
Dept Molecular Medicine, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
BMC Physiol 1:1. 2001..In order to identify differentially expressed genes in colorectal tumors and normal colorectal epithelium, a differential display experiment was used to compare RNA expression in normal and tumor tissue samples...
- COL11A1 in FAP polyps and in sporadic colorectal tumorsH Fischer
Department Molecular Medicine, Karolinska Institute, S 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
BMC Cancer 1:17. 2001..Most colorectal carcinomas are suggested to be a result of an activated Wnt- pathway, most often involving an inactivation of the APC gene or activation of beta-catenin...
- Colorectal carcinogenesis is associated with stromal expression of COL11A1 and COL5A2H Fischer
Department of Molecular Medicine, Karolinska Institute, S 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Carcinogenesis 22:875-8. 2001..Our results suggest that stromal expression of COL11A1 and COL5A2 is associated with malignancy in colorectal cancer...
- Microsatellite instability in sporadic colorectal cancer is not an independent prognostic factorS Salahshor
Department of Molecular Medicine, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Br J Cancer 81:190-3. 1999..Survival analysis at 5-10 years follow-up showed no statistically significant difference in prognosis between MSI-positive and -negative tumours. Our results suggest that the MSI phenotype as such is not an independent prognostic factor...
- Two types of chloride channels in hen colon epithelial cells identified by patch-clamp experimentsH Fischer
, Federal Republic of Germany
J Comp Physiol B 161:333-8. 1991..These data in combination with previously published transepithelial transport data on hen colon indicate that these channels are the Cl- secretory sites in colon epithelium...
- Caspase-14: analysis of gene structure and mRNA expression during keratinocyte differentiationL Eckhart
Division of Immunology, Allergy, and Infectious Diseases, University of Vienna Medical School, Vienna, Austria
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 277:655-9. 2000..Our findings show that caspase-14 is regulated at the level of transcription during keratinocyte differentiation in vitro and in vivo...
- Simvastatin enhances myocardial angiogenesis induced by vascular endothelial growth factor gene transferA J Siddiqui
Department of Cardiology, Clinical Research Center, Huddinge, Karolinska Institute, Karolinska University Hospital, 141 86 Stockholm, Sweden
J Mol Cell Cardiol 37:1235-44. 2004..These effects occurred concurrently with simvastatin-induced stimulation of the VEGF system, increased eNOS production and reduction in p38 MAPK phosphorylation...
- FGF5 as an oncogenic factor in human glioblastoma multiforme: autocrine and paracrine activitiesS Allerstorfer
Department of Medicine I, Institute of Cancer Research, Medical University Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Oncogene 27:4180-90. 2008..In summary, we demonstrate for the first time that FGF5 contributes to the malignant progression of human astrocytic brain tumours by both autocrine and paracrine effects...