Andreas E R Fasth
Affiliation: Karolinska Institutet
- Skewed distribution of proinflammatory CD4+CD28null T cells in rheumatoid arthritisAndreas E R Fasth
Rheumatology Unit, Department of Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Arthritis Res Ther 9:R87. 2007..Together these data imply a primary role for CD4+CD28null T cells in manifestations elsewhere than in the joints of patients with HCMV-seropositive rheumatoid arthritis...
- T cell infiltrates in the muscles of patients with dermatomyositis and polymyositis are dominated by CD28null T cellsAndreas E R Fasth
Rheumatology Unit, Center for Molecular Medicine L8 04, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm S 171 76, Sweden
J Immunol 183:4792-9. 2009..Our observations imply that CD28(null) T cells represent clinically important effector cells in dermatomyositis and polymyositis, and that HCMV might play a role in propagating disease in a subset of patients...
- Expanded T cell receptor Vβ-restricted T cells from patients with sporadic inclusion body myositis are proinflammatory and cytotoxic CD28null T cellsJayesh M Pandya
Rheumatology Unit, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Arthritis Rheum 62:3457-66. 2010..This study was undertaken to investigate the phenotype and functionality of T cells, specifically a subset of proinflammatory, cytotoxic, and apoptosis-resistant T cells defined as CD28(null) T cells, in the pathogenesis of sporadic IBM...
- Activating NK-cell receptors co-stimulate CD4(+)CD28(-) T cells in patients with rheumatoid arthritisAndreas E R Fasth
Rheumatology Unit, Department of Medicine, Center for Molecular Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital Solna, Stockholm, Sweden
Eur J Immunol 40:378-87. 2010..This may have consequences for the inflammatory responses imposed by these cells, thus influencing disease manifestations...
- High mobility group box chromosomal protein 1 acts as a proliferation signal for activated T lymphocytesErik Sundberg
Department of Woman and Child Health, Pediatric Rheumatology Research Unit, Karolinska Institutet Karolinska University Hospital, L 8 04 CMM, S 17176 Stockholm, Sweden
Immunobiology 214:303-9. 2009..0 microg/ml. HMGB1 had no effect on proliferation in the absence of anti-CD3 stimulation or during T-cell activation obtained using high doses of anti-CD3 mAb. Our results demonstrate a direct HMGB1-mediated effect in adaptive immunity...
- CD4+ and CD8+ CD28(null) T Cells Are Cytotoxic to Autologous Muscle Cells in Patients With PolymyositisJayesh M Pandya
Karolinska University Hospital Solna, Sweden, and Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Arthritis Rheumatol 68:2016-26. 2016..These cells are potentially cytotoxic, and the aim of the present study was to develop a fully autologous cell culture system in which to investigate the functional contribution of such CD28(null) T cells to myotoxicity...