Affiliation: Karolinska University Hospital
- Human chorionic gonadatropin (hCG) during third trimester pregnancyG Edelstam
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Karolinska University Hospital at Huddinge, Stockholm, Sweden
Scand J Clin Lab Invest 67:519-25. 2007..This study of the preterm hormone levels was carried out in the search for events leading to increased contractility that might occur in the predelivery weeks and potentially influence the initiation of delivery...
- A new rapid and effective method for treatment of unexplained infertilityGreta Edelstam
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Karolinska University Hospital, Huddinge, SE 141 86 Stockholm, Sweden
Hum Reprod 23:852-6. 2008..The objective of the study was to investigate the effect on pregnancy rate of pre-ovulatory pertubation with low-dose lignocaine during clomiphene citrate and insemination cycles for couples with unexplained infertility...
- Quality of life in patients with endometriosis and the effect of pertubation with lidocaine - a randomized controlled trialKarin Wickstrom
Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden Danderyd Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 92:1375-82. 2013..Pertubation with lidocaine has been shown to reduce pain (on a VAS-scale) in women with endometriosis. A clinical study was performed to evaluate the effect of lidocaine pertubations on quality of life...
- Serum concentration of lignocaine after pertubation: an observational studyKarin Wickstrom
Karolinska Institutet, 171 77, Stockholm, Sweden
Drugs R D 13:235-9. 2013..The objective of this study was to report the serum concentration of lignocaine after pertubation in patients with endometriosis...
- Pertubation with lidocaine--a non-hormonal, long-term treatment of dysmenorrhea due to endometriosisGreta Edelstam
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, SE 751 85 Uppsala, Sweden
Sex Reprod Healthc 3:93-4. 2012..The effect was evaluated by means of questionnaires where a clinically significant reduction of dysmenorrhea was reported. Pertubation with lidocaine can be a non-hormonal treatment option for dysmenorrhea...
- Effect of Lignocaine on IL-6, IL-8, and MCP-1 in Peritoneal Macrophages and Endometriotic Stromal CellsKarin Wickstrom
Department of Clinical Sciences, Danderyd Hospital, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Reprod Sci . 2016..The objective was to evaluate the effect of lignocaine on cytokine expression and secretion in vitro in peritoneal fluid macrophages and endometriotic stromal cells...
- New reference values for routine blood samples and human neutrophilic lipocalin during third-trimester pregnancyG Edelstam
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Karolinska Institutet at Stockholm Soder Hospital, Sweden
Scand J Clin Lab Invest 61:583-92. 2001..HNL signals activation of neutrophilic granulocytes and can thereby offer a helpful tool for diagnosing infection during pregnancy and postpartum...
- Reference intervals for plasma levels of fibronectin, von Willebrand factor, free protein S and antithrombin during third-trimester pregnancyK Wickstrom
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Karolinska Institute at Stockholm Söder Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Scand J Clin Lab Invest 64:31-40. 2004..Clearly, current reference values based on healthy non-pregnant subjects are not usable during late pregnancy and immediately postpartum...