Affiliation: Karolinska Institutet
- Gait deviations in individuals with inflammatory joint diseases and osteoarthritis and the usage of three-dimensional gait analysisEva W Broström
Department of Women s and Children s Health, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital, Solna, Stockholm, Sweden
Best Pract Res Clin Rheumatol 26:409-22. 2012..Future research should include larger sample sizes, the use of proper controls, pre- and post-assessments and identify gait abnormalities early in the disease process to minimise long-term consequences...
- Trunk and center of mass movements during gait in children with juvenile idiopathic arthritisEva Broström
Department of Woman and Child Health, Karolinska Institute, Sweden
Hum Mov Sci 26:296-305. 2007..With such knowledge, it might be possible to better understand the effects of their pain and involvement, and ultimately to plan a treatment strategy for improving their gait patterns...
- Gait pattern in rheumatoid arthritisRudiger J Weiss
Department of Molecular Medicine and Surgery, Section of Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Gait Posture 28:229-34. 2008..There were only fair associations between levels of functional disability and gait parameters. The findings of this study help to improve the understanding how RA affects gait changes in the lower limbs...
- Plantar- and dorsiflexor strength in prepubertal girls with juvenile idiopathic arthritisEva Broström
Woman and Child Health and Department of Neuroscience, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 85:1224-30. 2004..To compare lower-leg strength of young girls with polyarticular juvenile idiopathic arthritis (JIA) with that of healthy, age-matched controls...
- Hip joint load in relation to leg length discrepancyPer Wretenberg
Department of Molecular Medicine and Surgery, Section of Orthopedics and Sports Medicine, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Med Devices (Auckl) 1:13-8. 2008..The purpose of this study was to use three-dimensional (3D) gait analysis to evaluate joint load during gait with a simulated leg length discrepancy of 2 and 4 cm. Nine healthy subjects without any history of hip injury participated...