Affiliation: Karolinska Institutet
- A regression method for modelling geometric ratesMatteo Bottai
Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Stat Methods Med Res . 2015..The described method is based on applying quantile regression to a transform of the time-to-event variable. The proposed method is used to analyze mortality in a randomized clinical trial and in an observational epidemiological study...
- Age at occupational exposure to combustion products and lung cancer risk among men in Stockholm, SwedenMatteo Bottai
Unit of Biostatistics, Institute of Environmental Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Nobels vag 13, 17177, Stockholm, Sweden
Int Arch Occup Environ Health 89:271-5. 2016..This study aimed to evaluate whether the risk depended on the age at which the individuals were exposed...
- Epidemiology of malaria in a village in the Rufiji River Delta, Tanzania: declining transmission over 25 years revealed by different parasitological metricsAnna Farnert
Infectious Diseases Unit, Department of Medicine Solna, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Malar J 13:459. 2014..Assessments of the epidemiology of malaria over time are needed to understand changes in transmission and guide control and elimination strategies...
- Prognostic value of alveolar volume in systolic heart failure: a prospective observational studyMassimo Miniati
Dipartimento di Medicina Sperimentale e Clinica, Universita di Firenze, Viale Morgagni 85, 50134 Firenze, Italy
BMC Pulm Med 13:69. 2013..Such measurement is sensitive to ventilatory disturbances. We conducted a prospective, observational study to establish the prognostic value of VA in systolic HF...
- Physical activity and mortality in a prospective cohort of middle-aged and elderly men - a time perspectiveAndrea Bellavia
Unit of Nutritional Epidemiology, Institute of Environmental Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act 10:94. 2013..Higher physical activity (PA) levels are known to be associated with lower risk of death. Less attention, however, has been paid to directly evaluate the effect of PA on the time by which a certain fraction of the population has died...
- Cancer and non-cancer brain and eye effects of chronic low-dose ionizing radiation exposureEugenio Picano
Institute Clinical Physiology of the National Research Council CNR, 56124, Pisa, Italy
BMC Cancer 12:157. 2012..This assumption has been challenged by recent evidence discussed in the present review...