Affiliation: Karolinska Institutet
- The inaugural European emergency medical dispatch conference--a synopsis of proceedingsRichard M Lyon
Emergency Medicine Research Group, Edinburgh, UK
Scand J Trauma Resusc Emerg Med 21:73. 2013..We provide a synopsis of the conference proceedings, highlight key topic areas of emergency medical dispatch and suggest future research priorities. ..
- In patients with out-of-hospital cardiac arrest, does the provision of dispatch cardiopulmonary resuscitation instructions as opposed to no instructions improve outcome: a systematic review of the literatureKatarina Bohm
Karolinska Institutet, Department of Clinical Science and Education and Section of Emergency Medicine, Sodersjukhuset, 118 83 Stockholm, Sweden
Resuscitation 82:1490-5. 2011..Emergency medical dispatchers can give CPR instructions to a bystander calling for an ambulance enabling even an inexperienced bystander to start CPR. The impact of these instructions has not been evaluated...
- Dispatcher-assisted telephone-guided cardiopulmonary resuscitation: an underused lifesaving systemKatarina Bohm
Department of Cardiology, Department of Clinical Science and Education Karolinska Institutet, Södersjukhuset bSOS Alarm, Swedish
Eur J Emerg Med 14:256-9. 2007....
- Tuition of emergency medical dispatchers in the recognition of agonal respiration increases the use of telephone assisted CPRK Bohm
Department of Clinical Science and Education, Section of Cardiology, Karolinska Institutet, SE 118 83 SÃ¶dersjukhuset, Stockholm, Sweden
Resuscitation 80:1025-8. 2009..The aim of this investigation was to study if tuition of EMDs can improve their ability to identify agonal respiration in OHCA to allow for more frequent offers of T-CPR...
- Dual dispatch early defibrillation in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest: the SALSA-pilotJacob Hollenberg
Department of Cardiology, Karolinska Institute, South Hospital, SE 118 83 Stockholm, Sweden
Eur Heart J 30:1781-9. 2009..Out-of-hospital cardiac arrest (OHCA) is a major public health problem. The objective of this study is to explore the effects of a dual dispatch early defibrillation programme...
- Compression-only CPR or standard CPR in out-of-hospital cardiac arrestLeif Svensson
Department of Clinical Science and Education, Karolinska Institutet at Södersjukhuset, Stockholm, Sweden
N Engl J Med 363:434-42. 2010..That study, however, was not powered to assess a possible difference in survival. The aim of this prospective, randomized study was to evaluate the possible superiority of compression-only CPR over standard CPR with respect to survival...
- Improved survival after out-of-hospital cardiac arrest is associated with an increase in proportion of emergency crew--witnessed cases and bystander cardiopulmonary resuscitationJacob Hollenberg
Department of Cardiology, South Hospital, Karolinska Institute, SE 118 83 Stockholm, Sweden
Circulation 118:389-96. 2008..Out-of-hospital cardiac arrest (OHCA) is a major public health problem. We sought to describe changes in 1-month survival after OHCA in patients given cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) during the last 14 years in Sweden...
- Survival is similar after standard treatment and chest compression only in out-of-hospital bystander cardiopulmonary resuscitationKatarina Bohm
Department of Cardiology and Stockholm Prehospital Centre, Karolinska Institute, South General Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Circulation 116:2908-12. 2007....
- Perceptions of transmission of body weight and telemonitoring in patients with heart failure?Patrik Lyngå
Department of Clinical Science and Education, Sodersjukhuset, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Int J Qual Stud Health Well-being 8:21524. 2013..Future research may focus on healthcare professionals and their perceptions of transmission of BW and TM in the care of patients with HF. ..