Affiliation: Karolinska University Hospital
- Biochemical bone markers in the assessment and pamidronate treatment of children and adolescents with osteogenesis imperfectaE Aström
Department of Women s and Children s Health, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Acta Paediatr 99:1834-40. 2010....
- Intravenous pamidronate treatment of infants with severe osteogenesis imperfectaEva Aström
Department of Woman and Child Health, Astrid Lindgren Children s Hospital, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Arch Dis Child 92:332-8. 2007..Children with the severe forms of osteogenesis imperfecta have in several studies been treated with intravenous pamidronate, but there are only few reports of the effect of early treatment...
- Intravenous pamidronate treatment improves growth in prepubertal osteogenesis imperfecta patientsTerhi J Heino
Pediatric Endocrinology, Department of Women s and Children s Health, Astrid Lindgren Children s Hospital, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Horm Res Paediatr 75:354-61. 2011..Pamidronate is widely used to treat pediatric patients with osteogenesis imperfecta (OI). We aimed at delineating the effects of monthly pamidronate therapy on the growth of different body segments in prepubertal OI patients...
- Effect of intravenous pamidronate therapy on everyday activities in children with osteogenesis imperfectaKristina Löwing
Department of Woman and Child Health, Astrid Lindgren Children s Hospital, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden
Acta Paediatr 96:1180-3. 2007..To evaluate the effect of intravenous pamidronate therapy on everyday activities, well-being, skeletal pain and bone density in children with osteogenesis imperfecta (OI)...
- No osteonecrosis in jaws of young patients with osteogenesis imperfecta treated with bisphosphonatesBarbro Malmgren
Department of Paediatrics, Karolinska University Hospital Huddinge, Stockholm, Sweden
J Oral Pathol Med 37:196-200. 2008....
- Propofol injection pain in children: a prospective randomized double-blind trial of a new propofol formulation versus propofol with added lidocaineY Nyman
Department of Paediatric Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, Astrid Lindgrens Children s Hospital, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Br J Anaesth 95:222-5. 2005....
- Clonidine vs. midazolam as premedication in children undergoing adeno-tonsillectomy: a prospective, randomized, controlled clinical trialH T G Bergendahl
Department of Paediatric Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, Astrid Lindgrens Children s Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 48:1292-300. 2004..The aim of the current study was to compare postoperative outcome variables using a prospective, randomized, double-blind design after premedication with clonidine or midazolam...
- Clonidine in paediatric anaesthesia: review of the literature and comparison with benzodiazepines for premedicationH Bergendahl
Department of Anaesthesia, Intensive, and Pain Care, Karolinska University Hospital, Huddinge, Sweden
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 50:135-43. 2006..Clonidine has contrary to midazolam no effect on respiration. We believe that clonidine is a good alternative to midazolam as premedication in infants and children...
- Pharmacokinetics after an intravenous single dose of the opioid ketobemidone in childrenS Lundeberg
Department of Pediatric Anesthesia and Intensive Care, Astrid Lindgren Children s Hospital, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 54:435-41. 2010..The aim of this clinical trial was to explore the pharmacokinetics of ketobemidone in children because these properties have not been reported previously...
- Etomidate-Lipuro is associated with considerably less injection pain in children compared with propofol with added lidocaineY Nyman
Department of Paediatric Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, Astrid Lindgrens Children s Hospital, Karolinska Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Br J Anaesth 97:536-9. 2006..v. induction of anaesthesia between propofol with added lidocaine (previous standard) and this new etomidate formulation in paediatric patients...
- A prospective cohort study investigating gross motor function, pain, and health-related quality of life 17 years after selective dorsal rhizotomy in cerebral palsyKristina Tedroff
Neuropaediatric Unit, Department of Women s and Children s Health, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden Astrid Lindgren Children s Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Dev Med Child Neurol 57:484-90. 2015..The aim of this study is to evaluate the long-term effects of selective dorsal rhizotomy (SDR), 15 to 20 years after surgery in patients with cerebral palsy...
- Does loss of spasticity matter? A 10-year follow-up after selective dorsal rhizotomy in cerebral palsyKristina Tedroff
Neuropediatric Unit, Department of Women s and Children s Health, Karolinska Institutet, Astrid Lindgren Children s Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Dev Med Child Neurol 53:724-9. 2011..The aim of this study was to evaluate the long-term effects of selective dorsal rhizotomy (SDR) in children with cerebral palsy (CP)...
- Plasma pharmacokinetics of etoposide (VP-16) after i.v. administration to childrenS Eksborg
Karolinska Pharmacy, Karolinska Hospital and Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Anticancer Drugs 11:237-41. 2000..The two DS patients did not experience any enhanced degree of toxicity from their etoposide treatments. The results support that dosing of etoposide to children should be based on body surface area...
- Cisplatin-induced hearing loss: influence of the mode of drug administration in the guinea pigA Ekborn
Department of Physiology, Karolinska Institute and ENT Clinic Karolinska Hospital, SE 17176, Stockholm, Sweden
Hear Res 140:38-44. 2000..The interindividual variability in susceptibility to ABR threshold shift was far greater than the variability in pharmacokinetics, suggesting that other factors are more important in determining the degree of hearing loss...
- Blood-borne factors possibly associated with post-operative nausea and vomiting: an explorative study in women after breast cancer surgeryE Oddby-Muhrbeck
Division of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, Karolinska Institutet Danderyd Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 49:1346-54. 2005..The aim of the present explorative study was to identify blood-borne factors that might be associated with the development of PONV in women undergoing breast cancer surgery as a basis for further studies...
- A comparative pharmacokinetic study of doxorubicin and 4'-epi-doxorubicin in children with acute lymphocytic leukemia using a limited sampling procedureS Eksborg
Karolinska Pharmacy, Karolinska Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Anticancer Drugs 11:129-36. 2000..The Cmax ratio Dox/Epi was 1.39+/-0.19 (mean +/- SD). The pharmacokinetic differences of Dox and Epi in children, although less pronounced than in adults, are still of a magnitude that might be of clinical importance...
- In vitro cellular accumulation and cytotoxicity of liposomal and conventional formulations of daunorubicin and doxorubicin in resistant K562 cellsY Wang
Department of Oncology Pathology, Cancer Center Karolinska, Karolinska Institute and Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Anticancer Drugs 10:921-8. 1999..Regardless of the P-gp levels of the treated cells, DaunoXome showed the same cytotoxic effect despite lower intracellular accumulation (range 22-47%), compared with conventional daunorubicin...
- Evaluation of clinical assays for measuring high-dose methotrexate in plasmaF Albertioni
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Karolinska Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Clin Chem 42:39-44. 1996..The interference from 7-OHMTX was, however, somewhat less pronounced for FPIA2 (monoclonal) than for FPIA1 (polyclonal)...
- Pharmacokinetics of anthracyclinesS Eksborg
Karolinska Pharmacy, Stockholm, Sweden
Acta Oncol 28:873-6. 1989..The observed increase of the mean residence time (MRT) supports the assumption of an increased drug exposure of the tumour caused by Spherex...
- Plasma pharmacokinetics of Idarubicin and its 13-hydroxymetabolite after intravenous and oral administration under fasting and non-fasting conditionsS Eksborg
Karolinska Pharmacy, Stockholm, Sweden
Acta Oncol 29:921-5. 1990..v. and oral therapy with Idarubicin. The pharmacokinetics of Idarubicinol was not affected by food intake...