Affiliation: Karolinska Institutet
- Preferences regarding treatment for alcohol problemsSven Andreasson
Corresponding author Department of Public Health Sciences, Karolinska Institutet, 17176 Stockholm, Sweden
Alcohol Alcohol 48:694-9. 2013..The aim of the study was to investigate preferences in the general population regarding type of treatment for alcohol problems and the preferred setting for delivery of treatment and reasons for not seeking treatment for alcohol problems...
- Severity of alcohol dependence in the Swedish adult population: association with consumption and social factorsSven Andreasson
Karolinska Institutet, Department of Public Health Sciences, Division of Social Medicine, 17176 Stockholm, Sweden
Alcohol 47:21-5. 2013..This has important implications for treatment as dependence with low severity may require less treatment and less specialist involvement...
- Gender, hospitalization and mental disorders among homeless people compared with the general population in StockholmUlla Beijer
Department of Public Health Sciences, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Eur J Public Health 20:511-6. 2010..The aim was to study the prevalence of mental disorders among homeless men and women admitted for inpatient treatment in hospitals...
- Drinking less but greater harm: could polarized drinking habits explain the divergence between alcohol consumption and harms among youth?Mats Hallgren
Department of Public Health Sciences, Division of Social Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm 171 76, Sweden
Alcohol Alcohol 47:581-90. 2012....
- The Swedish six-community alcohol and drug prevention trial: effects on youth drinkingMats Hallgren
Department of Public Health Sciences, Division of Social Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Drug Alcohol Rev 32:504-11. 2013..The paper focuses mainly on changes in youth drinking and related harms...
- The beer campaign in Stockholm--Attempting to restrict the availability of alcohol to young peopleCharlotta Rehnman
Karolinska Institute, Department of Public Health Sciences, Stockholm Ctr for Addiction, Crafoords vag 6, 113 24 Stockholm, Sweden
Alcohol 37:65-71. 2005..The study also illustrates the feasibility of engaging parents in community action for prevention purposes...
- [Not Available]Sven Andreasson
Beroendecentrum Stockholm Riddargatan 1 Stockholm, Sweden, Sweden
Lakartidningen 113:. 2016..The absence of health benefits strengthens the the arguments for effective population-level policies, e.g. raising alcohol prices and restricting the physical availability of alcohol. ..
- Physical diseases among homeless people: gender differences and comparisons with the general populationUlla Beijer
Karolinska Institute, Department of Public Health Sciences, Division of Social Medicine, Stockholm, Sweden
Scand J Public Health 37:93-100. 2009..To study morbidity amongst homeless men and women by comparing prevalence of hospital care for somatic diseases and injuries with a control group of men and women from the general population...