Affiliation: Karlstad University
- Educational level, relative body weight, and changes in their association over 10 years: an international perspective from the WHO MONICA ProjectA Molarius
MONICA Data Centre, Department of Epidemiology and Health Promotion, National Public Health Institute, Helsinki, Finland
Am J Public Health 90:1260-8. 2000....
- The validity of hospital discharge register data on coronary heart disease in FinlandM Mahonen
National Public Health Institute, Department of Epidemiology and Health Promotion, Helsinki, Finland
Eur J Epidemiol 13:403-15. 1997..Therefore, these data should not be used without confirmation in studies where correct classification of individual outcomes is of crucial importance, such as follow-up studies and case-control studies...
- Trends in cigarette smoking in 36 populations from the early 1980s to the mid-1990s: findings from the WHO MONICA ProjectA Molarius
National Public Health Institute (KTL, Helsinki, Finland
Am J Public Health 91:206-12. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: These data illustrate the evolution of the smoking epidemic in populations and provide the basis for targeted public health interventions to support the WHO priority for tobacco control...
- The unchanging incidence of hospitalization for diabetic nephropathy in a population-based cohort of IDDM patients in FinlandJ Tuomilehto
Department of Epidemiology and Health Promotion, National Public Health Institute, Helsinki, Finland
Diabetes Care 20:1081-6. 1997....
- The feasibility of combining data from routine Hospital Discharge and Causes-of-Death Registers for epidemiological studies on strokeM Mahonen
Department of Epidemiology and Health Promotion, KTL National Public Health Institute, Helsinki, Finland
Eur J Epidemiol 16:815-7. 2000..The results showed that such data can, with some caution, be used for incidence studies and for identifying first stroke events. They cannot, however, be used for assessing secular trends in all stroke events...