- Evaluation of a microcolony growth monitoring method for the rapid determination of ethambutol resistance in Mycobacterium tuberculosisAlice L Den Hertog
Royal Tropical Institute, KIT Biomedical Research, Meibergdreef 39, 1105, AZ, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
BMC Infect Dis 14:380. 2014..Here we investigate the performance of the microcolony method to differentiate between ethambutol (EMB) resistant, intermediate and susceptible strains...
- Meta-analysis to compare the accuracy of GeneXpert, MODS and the WHO 2007 algorithm for diagnosis of smear-negative pulmonary tuberculosisSimon Walusimbi
Department of Public Health Sciences, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
BMC Infect Dis 13:507. 2013..Using meta-analysis study design, we summarized and compared the accuracy of Xpert® MTB/Rif assay (GeneXpert) and Microscopic Observation Drug Susceptibility assay (MODS), with the WHO 2007 algorithm in the diagnosis of SN-PTB...
- Direct nitrate reductase assay versus microscopic observation drug susceptibility test for rapid detection of MDR-TB in UgandaFreddie Bwanga
Department of Medical Microbiology, School of Biomedical Sciences, Makerere University College of Health Sciences, Kampala, Uganda
PLoS ONE 6:e19565. 2011..In the study settings, the direct NRA was highly sensitive and specific. We consider it to have a strong potential for timely detection of MDR-TB in RLS...
- Differential cellular recognition pattern to M. tuberculosis targets defined by IFN-γ and IL-17 production in blood from TB + patients from Honduras as compared to health care workers: TB and immune responses in patients from HondurasNancy Alvarez-Corrales
Escuela de Microbiología, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de Honduras UNAH, Tegucigalpa, Honduras
BMC Infect Dis 13:125. 2013..tb vaccine candidates...
- Pattern recognition and cellular immune responses to novel Mycobacterium tuberculosis-antigens in individuals from BelarusRaija K Ahmed
Department of Microbiology, Tumor and Cell Biology MTC, Karolinska Institutet, Nobelsvag 16, SE 17182 Solna, Sweden
BMC Infect Dis 12:41. 2012..A better understanding of biomarkers associated with TB will aid to guide the development of better targets for TB diagnosis and for the development of improved TB vaccines...
- High levels of multidrug resistant tuberculosis in new and treatment-failure patients from the Revised National Tuberculosis Control Programme in an urban metropolis (Mumbai) in Western IndiaDesiree T B D'souza
The Foundation for Medical Research, 84 A, R, G, Thadani Marg, Worli, Mumbai 400 018, India
BMC Public Health 9:211. 2009..Drug susceptibility testing (DST) is not routinely performed as a part of programme policy and public health laboratory infrastructure, is limited and poorly equipped to cope with large scale testing...
- Molecular diversity of Mycobacterium tuberculosis isolates from patients with tuberculosis in HondurasSenia Rosales
Escuela de Microbiología, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Honduras, Tegucigalpa, Honduras
BMC Microbiol 10:208. 2010..Genotyping was performed using spoligotyping and RFLP. The spoligotypes obtained were compared with the SITVIT2 proprietary database of the Pasteur Institute of Guadeloupe...
- Direct susceptibility testing for multi drug resistant tuberculosis: a meta-analysisFreddie Bwanga
Department of Medical Microbiology Makerere University College of Health Sciences Kampala, Uganda
BMC Infect Dis 9:67. 2009....
- Extensive transmission of isoniazid resistant M. tuberculosis and its association with increased multidrug-resistant TB in two rural counties of eastern China: a molecular epidemiological studyYi Hu
Department of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
BMC Infect Dis 10:43. 2010....
- Rapid screening of MDR-TB using molecular Line Probe Assay is feasible in UgandaHeidi Albert
Foundation for Innovative New Diagnostics, Kampala, Uganda
BMC Infect Dis 10:41. 2010..Line probe assays (LPAs) have been recently approved for use in low income settings and can be used to screen smear-positive sputum specimens for resistance to rifampicin and isoniazid in 1-2 days...