Karl G Henriksson
- Fibromyalgia--from syndrome to disease. Overview of pathogenetic mechanismsKarl G Henriksson
Department of Neuroscience and Locomotion Section of Medical Rehabilitation, Faculty of Health Sciences, Linkoping University, Sweden
J Rehabil Med . 2003..They may also cause neuroendocrinological and immunological aberrations...
- The promise of N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor antagonists in fibromyalgiaKarl G Henriksson
Department of Rehabilitation Medicine, Faculty of Health Sciences, Linkoping University, Pain Clinic, University Hospital, Linköping S 581 85, Sweden
Rheum Dis Clin North Am 28:343-51. 2002..The response to intravenously administered ketamine may help select patients for this treatment modality...
- Hypersensitivity in muscle pain syndromesKarl G Henriksson
Department of Rehabilitation Medicine, Faculty of Health Sciences, Linkoping University, Pain Clinic, University Hospital, Linkoping, SE 581 85, Sweden
Curr Pain Headache Rep 7:426-32. 2003..Changes in function, biochemical make-up, and synaptic connections in the nociceptive neurons in the dorsal horn are considered to be caused by neuronal plasticity...
- Hormonal replacement therapy does not affect self-estimated pain or experimental pain responses in post-menopausal women suffering from fibromyalgia: a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trialKent D Stening
Department of Experimental and Clinical Medicine, Division of Cell Biology, Faculty of Health Sciences, Linkoping University, S 581 85 Linkoping, Sweden
Rheumatology (Oxford) 50:544-51. 2011..Here, we examined the effect of transdermal oestrogen substitution treatment on experimental as well as self-estimated pain in women suffering from FM...
- Chronic widespread musculoskeletal pain - a comparison of those who meet criteria for fibromyalgia and those who do notLars Coster
Section of Rheumatology, Faculty of Health Sciences, Linkoping University, Linkoping, Sweden
Eur J Pain 12:600-10. 2008..Similar coping strategies were found. Chronic widespread pain without widespread allodynia to pressure pain was found in 4.5% in the population and fibromyalgia in 2.5%...
- Pathophysiological mechanisms in chronic musculoskeletal pain (fibromyalgia): the role of central and peripheral sensitization and pain disinhibitionLars Arendt Nielsen
Laboratory for Experimental Pain Research, Center for Sensory Motor Interactions SMI, Department of Health Science and Technology, Aalborg University, Frederik Bajers Vej 7, D3DK 9220 Aalborg, Denmark
Best Pract Res Clin Rheumatol 21:465-80. 2007..FMS may be the far end of a continuum that starts with chronic localized/regional musculoskeletal pain and ends with widespread chronic disabling pain...