- Circulating matrix metalloproteinase-9 is associated with cardiovascular risk factors in a middle-aged normal population
Division of Community Medicine, Department of Medical and Health Sciences, Linkoping University, Linkoping, Sweden
PLoS ONE 3:e1774. 2008
..The aim of this study was to analyse levels of MMP-9 in a population free from symptomatic CAD and investigate their associations with cardiovascular (CV) risk factors, including C-reactive protein (CRP)...
- Pooling ambulatory saliva cortisol samples over consecutive days - as reliable as arithmetic means
Division of Social Medicine and Public Health Science, Department of Medicine and Health Sciences, Linkoping University, Sweden
Scand J Clin Lab Invest 68:508-12. 2008
..This study aimed at testing whether one pooled cortisol value over three consecutive days is as reliable as using the arithmetic mean of the samples from the same measure points...
- Psychological Resources Are Independently Associated with Markers of Inflammation in a Middle-Aged Community Sample
Division of Neuro and Inflammation Sciences, Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Linkoping University, 581 83, Linkoping, Sweden
Int J Behav Med 23:611-20. 2016
..To elucidate possible independent associations of psychological resources with inflammatory markers, all linked with coronary heart disease (CHD)...
- Plasma Matrix Metalloproteinase-9 Levels Predict First-Time Coronary Heart Disease: An 8-Year Follow-Up of a Community-Based Middle Aged Population
Unit of Research and Development in Local Health Care, County of Ostergotland, Linkoping, Sweden Department of Medical and Health Sciences, Division of Community Medicine, Linkoping University, Linkoping Sweden
PLoS ONE 10:e0138290. 2015
..As of today, there are four published studies which have measured MMP-9 in serum and none using plasma. Measures of MMP-9 in serum have been suggested to have more flaws than measures in plasma...
- Plasma levels of matrix metalloproteinase-9 are independently associated with psychosocial factors in a middle-aged normal population
Department of Medical and Health Sciences, Division of Community Medicine, Linkoping University, Linköping 581 83, Sweden
Psychosom Med 71:292-300. 2009
..The degrading enzyme MMP-9 is upregulated in inflammatory processes and hypothesized to play a role in the rupture of atherosclerotic plaques...
- Psychological resources are associated with reduced incidence of coronary heart disease. An 8-year follow-up of a community-based Swedish sample
Department of Medical and Health Sciences, Division of Community Medicine, Linkoping University, Linkoping, 595 83, Sweden
Int J Behav Med 22:77-84. 2015
..A large number of studies have provided clear evidence for a link between the risk of coronary heart disease and psychological risk factors. Much less attention has been given to the potential protective effect of psychological resources...
- Exploring trends in and determinants of educational inequalities in self-rated health
Division of Community Medicine, Department of Medical and Health Sciences, Linkoping University, Linkoping, Sweden Centre for Clinical Research Sörmland, Uppsala University, Eskilstuna, Sweden
Scand J Public Health 43:677-86. 2015
..We examined educational inequalities in SRH in different age groups, and the contribution of selected material, behavioural and psychosocial determinants from 2000 to 2008...
- The joint subclinical elevation of CRP and IL-6 is associated with lower health-related quality of life in comparison with no elevation or elevation of only one of the biomarkers
Unit of Research and Development in Local Health Care FoU enheten för Närsjukvården i Östegötland, County of Ostergotland, 581 85, Linkoping, Sweden
Qual Life Res 25:213-21. 2016
..It is, however, unclear whether a joint measure of two inflammatory biomarkers would bring additional information in comparison with evaluation of one inflammatory biomarker...
- Socioeconomic differences in outpatient healthcare utilisation are mainly seen for musculoskeletal problems in groups with poor self-rated health
Department of Medical and Health Sciences, Linkoping University, Linkoping, Sweden
Scand J Public Health 39:805-12. 2011
..To assess whether there are socioeconomic (SES) differences in outpatient visits within groups of comparable morbidity (medical disease and self-rated health) and whether psychosocial factors can explain these differences...