- Bilateral Arthrodesis of the Ankle Joint: Self-Reported Outcomes in 35 Patients From the Swedish Ankle Registry
Orthopedic Surgeon, Department of Orthopedics, Falu Central Hospital and Center of Clinical Research Dalarna, Falun, Sweden Electronic address
J Foot Ankle Surg 55:1195-1198. 2016
- Total ankle replacement and contralateral ankle arthrodesis in 16 patients from the Swedish Ankle Registry: Self-reported function and satisfaction
Department of Orthopedics and Center of Clinical Research, Falun Central Hospital, Falun, Sweden Electronic address
Foot Ankle Surg 22:32-4. 2016
..To choose either of these surgical options is a delicate task. There are no randomized studies reported in the literature and no previous studies in which patients constitute the own controls...
- Survival Analysis of the Single- and Double-Coated STAR Ankle up to 20 Years: Long-Term Follow-up of 324 Cases From the Swedish Ankle Registry
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Falun General Hospital, Falun, Sweden
Foot Ankle Int 36:1156-60. 2015
..The Scandinavian Total Ankle Replacement (STAR) has been used widely in Europe and more recently in the United States. We studied the results of the single-coated and the double-coated STAR with long-term follow-up...
- The Swedish Ankle Arthroplasty Register: An analysis of 531 arthroplasties between 1993 and 2005
Department of Orthopaedics, Falu Hospital, Falun, Sweden
Acta Orthop 78:569-74. 2007
..Whether or not ankles can be replaced with reasonable safety has been the subject of debate. We present the results of a nationwide series of total ankle arthroplasties...
- The AES total ankle replacement: A mid-term analysis of 93 cases
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Falu General Hospital, 791 82 Falun, Sweden
Foot Ankle Surg 16:61-4. 2010
..There are few studies concerning specific total ankle arthroplasties. This study reports mid-term survival data for the AES prosthesis...
- Use of a trabecular metal implant in ankle arthrodesis after failed total ankle replacement
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Falu Central Hospital, Sweden
Acta Orthop 81:745-7. 2010
..We investigated the use of a trabecular metal implant and a retrograde intramedullary nail to obtain fusion...
- 10-year survival of total ankle arthroplasties: a report on 780 cases from the Swedish Ankle Register
Department of Orthopedics, Falun Central Hospital and Center for Clinical Research Dalarna, Falun, Sweden
Acta Orthop 82:655-9. 2011
..4 national registries, including the Swedish Ankle Register, have previously reported their 5-year results. We now present an extended series with a longer follow-up, and with a 10-year survival analysis...
- Trabecular metal tibia still stable at 5 years: an RSA study of 36 patients aged less than 60 years
Department of Orthopaedics and Center for Clinical Research, Falu General Hospital, Falun, Sweden
Acta Orthop 84:398-405. 2013
..We have previously reported stabilization of TM tibial components at 2 years. We now report the 5-year follow-up of these patients, including RSA of their TM tibial components...
- Trabecular metal tibial knee component still stable at 10 years
a Department of Orthopaedics and Center for Clinical Research, Falu General Hospital, Falun
Acta Orthop 87:504-10. 2016
..Interpretation - The patterns of migration for uncemented TM implants and cemented tibial implants over the first 10 years indicate that they have a good long-term prognosis regarding fixation. ..
- Cemented versus uncemented fixation of the femoral component of the NexGen CR total knee replacement in patients younger than 60 years: a prospective randomised controlled RSA study
Department of Orthopaedics, Umea University Hospital, Umea, Sweden
Knee 16:200-6. 2009
..These findings suggest that an uncemented and non HA-coated femoral component may behave equally as well as a cemented one in the long-term...
- Mobile bearings do not improve fixation in cemented total knee arthroplasty
Department of Orthopaedics, Falu General Hospital, Falun, Sweden
Clin Orthop Relat Res 448:114-21. 2006
..It might be that the somewhat stiffer cobalt-chromium baseplate or the different joint conformity used in the mobile-bearing knees counteracts any potential effects of the mobile bearing...
- Uncemented HA-coated implant is the optimum fixation for TKA in the young patient
Kjell G Nilsson
Department of Orthopaedics, Umea University Hospital, Sweden
Clin Orthop Relat Res 448:129-39. 2006
..Uncemented fixation using hydroxyapatite-coated implants without screws seems to be the best solution for the younger patient...