Genomes and Genes
- A cluster of genes located in 1p36 are down-regulated in neuroblastomas with poor prognosis, but not due to CpG island methylationHelena Caren
Department of Clinical Genetics, Institute for the Health of Women and Children, Goteborg University, Sahlgrenska Univ, Hospital East, SE 41685 Gothenburg, Sweden
Mol Cancer 4:10. 2005..22 region in order to find an explanation for a possible down-regulation of this region...
- High-resolution array copy number analyses for detection of deletion, gain, amplification and copy-neutral LOH in primary neuroblastoma tumors: four cases of homozygous deletions of the CDKN2A geneHelena Caren
Department of Clinical Genetics, Institute of Biomedicine, Goteborg University, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, SE 41345 Goteborg, Sweden
BMC Genomics 9:353. 2008..We have used array-based copy number analysis using oligonucleotide single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNP) arrays to analyze the chromosomal structure of a large number of neuroblastoma tumors of different clinical and biological subsets...
- Identification of epigenetically regulated genes that predict patient outcome in neuroblastomaHelena Caren
Department of Clinical Genetics, Institute of Biomedicine, University of Gothenburg, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, SE 41345 Gothenburg, Sweden
BMC Cancer 11:66. 2011..Epigenetic mechanisms such as DNA methylation and histone modifications are important regulators of gene expression and are frequently involved in silencing tumor suppressor genes...
- The RASSF gene family members RASSF5, RASSF6 and RASSF7 show frequent DNA methylation in neuroblastomaAnna Djos
Department of Clinical Genetics, Institute of Biomedicine, University of Gothenburg, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, SE 413 45, Gothenburg, Sweden
Mol Cancer 11:40. 2012..Data from our previously performed genome-wide DNA methylation array analysis indicated that other members of the RASSF gene family are targeted by DNA methylation in neuroblastoma...
- Comprehensive SNP array study of frequently used neuroblastoma cell lines; copy neutral loss of heterozygosity is common in the cell lines but uncommon in primary tumorsHanna Kryh
Department of Clinical Genetics, The Sahlgrenska Academy, University of Gothenburg, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, SE 41345 Gothenburg, Sweden
BMC Genomics 12:443. 2011..These alterations is sometimes seen in tumors as a way to inactivate a tumor suppressor gene and have been found to be important in several types of cancer...
- High-risk neuroblastoma tumors with 11q-deletion display a poor prognostic, chromosome instability phenotype with later onsetHelena Caren
Department of Clinical Genetics, Institute of Biomedicine, University of Gothenburg, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, SE 413 45 Goteborg, Sweden
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:4323-8. 2010..This study has implications for therapy in different risk groups and stresses that genome-wide microarray analyses should be included in clinical management to fully evaluate risk, aid diagnosis, and guide treatment...
- Analysis of neuroblastoma tumour progression; loss of PHOX2B on 4p13 and 17q gain are early events in neuroblastoma tumourigenesisCecilia Krona
Department of Clinical Genetics, Institute of Biomedical Science, Sahlgrenska University Hospital East, Goteborg University, SE 41345 Goteborg, Sweden
Int J Oncol 32:575-83. 2008..We also propose investigators to re-analyze the rare cases of multifocal neuroblastomas with the array CGH technique for better understanding of the origin of these tumours...
- Introduction of in vitro transcribed ENO1 mRNA into neuroblastoma cells induces cell deathKatarina Ejeskär
Dept, Clinical Genetics, University of Gothenburg, Sahlgrenska University Hospital East, SE 416 85 Gothenburg, Sweden
BMC Cancer 5:161. 2005..One alternative translated product of the ENO1 gene, known as MBP-1, acts as a negative regulator of the c-myc oncogene, making the ENO1 gene a candidate as a tumour suppressor gene...
- Appearance of the novel activating F1174S ALK mutation in neuroblastoma correlates with aggressive tumor progression and unresponsiveness to therapyTommy Martinsson
Department of Clinical Genetics, The Sahlgrenska Academy, University of Gothenburg, Gothenburg, Sweden
Cancer Res 71:98-105. 2011....
- Germline mutation screening of the Saethre-Chotzen-associated genes TWIST1 and FGFR3 in families with BRCA1/2-negative breast cancerAnnika Bergman
Lundberg Laboratory for Cancer Research, Department of Pathology, The Sahlgrenska Academy at the University of Gothenburg, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Goteborg, Sweden
Scand J Plast Reconstr Surg Hand Surg 43:251-5. 2009..Taken together, our findings indicate that mutations in Saethre-Chotzen-associated genes are uncommon or absent in BRCA1/2-negative patients with hereditary breast cancer...
- High incidence of DNA mutations and gene amplifications of the ALK gene in advanced sporadic neuroblastoma tumoursHelena Caren
Department of Clinical Genetics, Institute of Biomedicine, University of Gothenburg, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, SE 41345 Goteborg, Sweden
Biochem J 416:153-9. 2008..The results of the present study support that the ALK protein contributes to NB oncogenesis providing a highly interesting putative therapeutic target in a subset of unfavourable NB tumours...
- COX-2 gene expression in colon cancer tissue related to regulating factors and promoter methylation statusAnnika Gustafsson Asting
Department of Surgery, Institute of Clinical Sciences, Sahlgrenska Academy, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Gothenburg, Sweden
BMC Cancer 11:238. 2011..This study was therefore aimed to define external cell signaling and transcription factors relating to high COX-2 expression in colon cancer tissue...
- Genome-wide methylation profiling identifies novel methylated genes in neuroblastoma tumorsMaja Olsson
a Sahlgrenska Cancer Center, Department of Pathology, Institute of Biomedicine, Sahlgrenska Academy, University of Gothenburg, Sweden
Epigenetics 11:74-84. 2016..Our data indicate that methylation profiling can be used for patient stratification and informs on epigenetically deregulated genes with the potential of increasing our knowledge about the underlying mechanisms of tumor development. ..