- Effects of iron supplementation of LBW infants on cognition and behavior at 3 yearsStaffan K Berglund
Department of Clinical Sciences, Umea University, Umea, Sweden
Pediatrics 131:47-55. 2013..We hypothesized that iron supplementation of LBW infants would improve cognitive scores and reduce behavioral problems...
- Effects of iron supplementation on serum hepcidin and serum erythropoietin in low-birth-weight infantsStaffan Berglund
Department of Clinical Sciences, Pediatrics, Umea University, Sweden
Am J Clin Nutr 94:1553-61. 2011..The iron-regulatory hormone hepcidin has not been studied in infants, who experience large physiologic changes in iron status...
- Effects of iron supplementation on auditory brainstem response in marginally LBW infantsStaffan K Berglund
Department of Clinical Sciences, Pediatrics, Umea University, SE 901 85 Umea, Sweden
Pediatr Res 70:601-6. 2011....
- Iron supplements reduce the risk of iron deficiency anemia in marginally low birth weight infantsStaffan Berglund
Umea University, Department of Clinical Sciences, Division of Pediatrics, SE 901 85 Umea, Sweden
Pediatrics 126:e874-83. 2010..Most LBW infants have marginally low birth weight (MLBW, 2000-2500 g) and it is not known whether they benefit from iron supplements. The objective of this trial was to study the effects of iron supplementation in MLBW infants...
- Meeting iron needs for infants and childrenStaffan Berglund
Department of Clinical Sciences, Pediatrics, Umea University, Umea, Sweden
Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care 17:267-72. 2014..Iron deficiency early in life is associated with impaired neurological development. This study reviews the latest research on how to best meet iron requirements in infants and children...