- Swimming pool attendance is related to asthma among atopic school children: a population-based studyMartin Andersson
Department of Public Health and Clinical Medicine, Occupational and Environmental Medicine, Umea University, S 90187, Umea, Sweden
Environ Health 14:37. 2015..The present study examined the relationship between indoor swimming pool attendance and asthma among sensitized and non-sensitized children aged 11-12 years...
- Remission and persistence of asthma followed from 7 to 19 years of ageMartin Andersson
The OLIN Studies, Norrbotten County Council, Lulea, Sweden
Pediatrics 132:e435-42. 2013..To date, a limited number of population-based studies have prospectively evaluated the remission of childhood asthma. This work was intended to study the remission and persistence of childhood asthma and related factors...
- Heavy vehicle traffic is related to wheeze among schoolchildren: a population-based study in an area with low traffic flowsMartin Andersson
Department of Public Health and Clinical Medicine, Occupational and Environmental Medicine, Umea University, S 90187 Umea, Sweden
Environ Health 10:91. 2011..We evaluated the impact of vehicle traffic on childhood asthma and wheeze by objective exposure assessment...
- The clinical expression of asthma in schoolchildren has changed between 1996 and 2006Martin Andersson
Department of Public Health and Clinical Medicine, Occupational and Environmental Medicine, Umea University, Umea, Sweden
Pediatr Allergy Immunol 21:859-66. 2010..This parallels with an increase in treatment with ICS, more beneficial environmental conditions, and an increased diagnostic intensity resulting in a larger proportion of children with mild symptoms being diagnosed as having asthma...
- Evaluation of a tobacco prevention programme among teenagers in SwedenLinnea Hedman
Department of Public Health and Clinical Medicine, Division for Occupational and Environmental Medicine, the OLIN Unit, Umea University, Umea, Sweden
BMJ Open 5:e007673. 2015..To study the prevalence of tobacco use among teenagers, to evaluate a tobacco prevention programme and to study factors related to participation in the prevention programme...