- Effectiveness of a culturally tailored diabetes self-management program for Chinese Americans
Angela C Sun
Chinese Community Health Resource Center, 845 Jackson Street, Suite 101, San Francisco, CA 94133, USA
Diabetes Educ 38:685-94. 2012
..The study objectives were at least: 50% will have significant improvements in diabetes knowledge and practice activities, 30% of participants will have significant improvements in A1C, and 50% will report a gain in emotional support...
- The effectiveness in utilizing Chinese media to promote breast health among Chinese women
Chinese Community Health Resource Center, San Francisco, California 94133, USA
J Health Commun 12:157-71. 2007
..16-3.36) in the past year. The study findings support that a media campaign utilizing PSAs is effective in improving knowledge of breast health guidelines, teaching Chinese women how to (BSEs), and increasing breast health practices...
- A Social Network Family-Focused Intervention to Promote Smoking Cessation in Chinese and Vietnamese American Male Smokers: A Feasibility Study
Janice Y Tsoh
Department of Psychiatry, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA Asian American Research Center for Health ARCH, San Francisco, CA
Nicotine Tob Res 17:1029-38. 2015
..This study applied lay health worker outreach to leverage peer and family networks to promote smoking cessation among these men...
- Quality of life in Chinese patients with breast cancer
Chinese Community Health Resource Center, San Francisco, CA 94133, USA
Cancer 104:2952-4. 2005
..The overall objective of the pilot study was to investigate questions central to the QOL issue, including what defines QOL for immigrant women and how QOL for them is similar to or different from that for American-born Chinese women...
- A pilot study of relationships among pain characteristics, mood disturbances, and acculturation in a community sample of Chinese American patients with cancer
School of Nursing, University of California, San Francisco, USA
Oncol Nurs Forum 37:172-81. 2010
- Assessing cancer beliefs in a Chinese immigrant community
College of Social Work, San Jose State University, CA 95192, USA
Cancer Control 10:22-8. 2003
..It is hoped this would encourage a healthy dialogue about cancer, thus increasing screening and early detection among Chinese immigrants...
- Understanding quality-of-life issues in Chinese women with breast cancer: a qualitative investigation
Department of Social Work, California State University, Hayward, CA 94542, USA
Cancer Control 12:6-12. 2005
..The study findings support the need for culturally appropriate interventions that take into consideration the cancer-related beliefs and QOL of breast cancer survivors in the Chinese community...