Affiliation: Sultan Qaboos University
Country: Sultanate of Oman
- Sixth nerve palsy of para-infectious originD Deleu
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, College of Medicine, Sultan Qaboos University, PO Box 35, Al Khod, Muscat 123, Sultanate of Oman Tel 00 968 515 106 Fax 00 968 513 419 E mail
Neurosciences (Riyadh) 6:122-4. 2001..The lack of anatomical relationship between the maxillary sinus and the abducens nerve led us to conclude that the abducens palsy was of para-infectious origin. ..
- Cerebellar dysfunction in chronic toluene abuse: beneficial response to amantadine hydrochlorideD Deleu
Sultan Qaboos University, Al Khod, Sultanate of Oman
J Toxicol Clin Toxicol 38:37-41. 2000..Amantadine hydrochloride therapy (100 mg/d, then 200 mg/d) resulted in dramatic improvement of his cerebellar and visual symptoms...
- Long-term effects of nitrous oxide anaesthesia on laboratory and clinical parameters in elderly Omani patients: a randomized double-blind studyD Deleu
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Sultan Qaboos University, PO Box 35, Al Khod, Muscat 123, Sultanate of Oman
J Clin Pharm Ther 25:271-7. 2000..This study examined the long-term effects of nitrous oxide anaesthesia on serum levels of cobalamin and folate, red cell folate levels and haematological parameters, and neurological status in elderly Omani patients...
- Etiologic and demographic characteristics of poisoning: a prospective hospital-based study in OmanY Hanssens
Pharmacy Department, Sultan Qaboos University, Muscat, Sultanate of Oman
J Toxicol Clin Toxicol 39:371-80. 2001..The health care system in Oman is characterized by its rapid development and free medical services for all its nationals although traditional medicine still plays a major role in daily life. Epidemiological data on poisoning are scanty...
- Population pharmacokinetics of free carbamazepine in adult Omani epileptic patientsD Deleu
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Sultan Qaboos University Hospital, College of Medicine, Muscat, Sultanate of Oman
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 57:243-8. 2001..The aim of this study was to define the pharmacokinetic profile of free carbamazepine (F-CBZ) in adult Omani epileptic patients in order to improve on dosing schedules through population pharmacokinetic analysis using the NONMEM program...
- Primary chronic daily headache: clinical and pharmacological aspects. A clinic-based study in OmanD Deleu
Departments of Clinical Pharmacology and Neurology, College of Medicine, PO Box 35, Sultan Qaboos University, Al-Khod, Muscat-123, Sultanate of Oman
Headache 39:432-6. 1999..Finally, the proposed revised IHS criteria are highly recommended as a standard classification system for this type of headache...
- Prevalence and clinical characteristics of headache in medical students in omanD Deleu
Department of Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Sultan Qaboos University and the Neurology Clinic, Sultan Qaboos University Hospital, Muscat, Sultanate of Oman
Headache 41:798-804. 2001..7:1). It is likely that analgesic use/overuse also coexists with headache in medical students at Sultan Qaboos University, since a large majority of them rely on nonprescription medications...
- Peripheral polyneuropathy due to chronic use of topical ammoniated mercuryD Deleu
College of Medicine, Sultan Qaboos University, Al Khod, Muscat, Sultanate of Oman
J Toxicol Clin Toxicol 36:233-7. 1998..Despite their potentially disastrous side effects, topical mercury salts can still be found as ingredients in some over-the-counter preparations or local remedies...
- Guidelines for the prevention of migraineD Deleu
Department of Clinical Pharmacology and Neurology, College of Medicine, P O Box 35, Sultan Qaboos University, Al Khod, Muscat 123, Sultanate of Oman Fax 968 513519 E Mail
Neurosciences (Riyadh) 5:7-12. 2000..The choice of medication clearly depends on the patient`s profile (age, co-morbid medical conditions) and the contraindication and side effect profile of the drug. ..
- Drug utilization pattern of anti-epileptic drugs: a pharmacoepidemiologic study in OmanY Hanssens
Drug Information Services and Neurology Clinic, Sultan Qaboos University Hospital, Al Khod, Muscat, Sultanate of Oman
J Clin Pharm Ther 27:357-64. 2002..In addition, the tolerability of AEDs and the use of therapeutic drug monitoring (TDM) were evaluated...
- Geographical distribution of biomedical publications from the Gulf Corporation Council countriesD Deleu
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, College of Medicine, Sultan Qaboos University, Muscat 123, Sultanate of Oman
Saudi Med J 22:10-2. 2001..It was our purpose to perform a geographical analysis for the number of biomedical and clinical research publications from the six countries of the Gulf Cooperation Council over the past decade (1990-1999)...