- Baseline serum prolactin in drug-naive, first-episode schizophrenia and outcome at five years: is it a predictive factor?
Department of Psychiatry at the University of Western Ontario and Lawson Health Research Centre, London, Ontario, Canada
Innov Clin Neurosci 9:17-21. 2012
..Serum prolactin is influenced by antipsychotic use but its relationships with psychopathology and general functioning are not clear. This study aimed to assess these relationships...
- The abilities of improved schizophrenia patients to work and live independently in the community: a 10-year long-term outcome study from Mumbai, India
Amresh Kumar Srivastava
Mental Health Foundation of India PRERANA Charitable Trust and Silver Mind Hospital, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Ann Gen Psychiatry 8:24. 2009
..Mega cities around the world show a unique socioecological condition that has several challenges for mental health. The present study reports on the long-term status of patients with schizophrenia in such a mega city: Mumbai, India...
- Redefining outcome measures in schizophrenia: integrating social and clinical parameters
Department of Psychiatry, University of Western Ontario, Regional Mental Healthcare, St Thomas, Canada
Curr Opin Psychiatry 23:120-6. 2010
..Alternatively, it could be that the conceptual understanding of outcome and recovery require development...
- Persistent cognitive dysfunction despite clinical improvement in schizophrenia: a 10-year follow-up study
Mental Health Foundation of India PRERANA Charitable Trust and Silver Mind Hospital, Mumbai, India
J Psychiatr Pract 17:194-9. 2011
..These findings suggest the need for greater focus on cognitive functioning in treatment for schizophrenia...
- Social outcome in clinically recovered first-episode schizophrenia in a naturalistic, ten-year, follow-up study in India
The University of Western Ontario Psychiatry, St Thomas, Ontario, Canada
Clin Schizophr Relat Psychoses 5:95-101. 2011
..The present study examined the status of social outcome on multidimensional parameters in a cohort of clinically recovered patients in a ten-year, long-term study of first-episode schizophrenia...
- Effects of duration of untreated psychosis on long-term outcome of people hospitalized with first episode schizophrenia
Department of Psychiatry, Schulich School of Medicine and Dentistry, The University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada and Lawson Health Research Institute, London, Ontario, Canada
Indian J Psychiatry 52:164-7. 2010
..Thus, this study found that DUP alone does not determine outcome status confirming the role of psychopathological heterogeneity...
- Persistent suicide risk in clinically improved schizophrenia patients: challenge of the suicidal dimension
Silver Mind Hospital and Mental Health Foundation of India, Mumbai, India
Neuropsychiatr Dis Treat 6:633-8. 2010
..The aim of this study was to assess suicidality in long-term clinically improved schizophrenia patients who were treated in a nongovernmental psychiatric treatment centre in Mumbai, India...
- Weight-gain in psychiatric treatment: risks, implications, and strategies for prevention and management
The University of Western Ontario, Department of Psychiatry, and Associate Scientist, Lawson Health Research Institute, London, ON, Canada
Mens Sana Monogr 8:53-68. 2010
..Importantly, we provide critical steps for management and prevention of weight-gain and related issues in the clinical practice of psychopharmacology...