Soraya L Valles
Affiliation: University of Valencia
- Estradiol or genistein prevent Alzheimer's disease-associated inflammation correlating with an increase PPAR gamma expression in cultured astrocytesSoraya L Valles
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Valencia, Blasco Ibañez 15, 46010 Valencia, Spain
Brain Res 1312:138-44. 2010..Thus, some of the anti-inflammatory effects of estrogenic compounds may be mediated and activated by PPARs suppressing a diverse array of inflammatory responses caused by A beta in astrocytes in primary culture...
- Oestradiol or genistein rescues neurons from amyloid beta-induced cell death by inhibiting activation of p38Soraya L Valles
Department of Physiology, University of Valencia, School of Medicine, Valencia, Spain
Aging Cell 7:112-8. 2008....
- Effects of Ranolazine on Astrocytes and Neurons in Primary CultureMartin Aldasoro
Department of Physiology, School of Medicine, University of Valencia, Spain
PLoS ONE 11:e0150619. 2016....
- Free [NADH]/[NAD(+)] regulates sirtuin expressionJuan Gambini
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Valencia, Fundacion Investigacion Hospital Clinico Universitario INCLIVA, Spain
Arch Biochem Biophys 512:24-9. 2011..We conclude that the expression of sirtuins is subject to tight redox regulation by the [NADH]/[NAD(+)] ratio, which is a major sensor for metabolite availability conserved from invertebrates to vertebrates...
- WIN 55,212-2, agonist of cannabinoid receptors, prevents amyloid β1-42 effects on astrocytes in primary cultureDiana Aguirre-Rueda
Department of Physiology, School of Medicine, University of Valencia, Valencia, Spain
PLoS ONE 10:e0122843. 2015..Further studies would be needed to assess the possible beneficial effects of cannabinoids in Alzheimer's disease patients...
- Glucocorticoid receptor knockdown decreases the antioxidant protection of B16 melanoma cells: an endocrine system-related mechanism that compromises metastatic cell resistance to vascular endothelium-induced tumor cytotoxicityElena Obrador
Department of Physiology, University of Valencia, Valencia, Spain
PLoS ONE 9:e96466. 2014..Taken together, our results indicate that glucocorticoid signaling influences the survival of metastatic cells during their interaction with the vascular endothelium. ..
- Sugammadex, a neuromuscular blockade reversal agent, causes neuronal apoptosis in primary culturesJose M Palanca
Department of Surgery Anaesthesiology, School of Medicine and Odontology, University of Valencia, Spain
Int J Med Sci 10:1278-85. 2013..Potential association of SUG-induced alteration in cholesterol homeostasis with oxidative stress and apoptosis activation occurs. Furthermore, resistance/sensitivity to oxidative stress differs between neuronal cell types. ..
- Stress hormones promote growth of B16-F10 melanoma metastases: an interleukin 6- and glutathione-dependent mechanismSoraya L Valles
Department of Physiology, University of Valencia, 15 Av, Blasco Ibañez, 46010 Valencia, Spain
J Transl Med 11:72. 2013..We studied if this capacity to overproduce IL-6 is regulated by cancer cell-independent mechanisms...