Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Navarra
- Positron emission tomography imaging of adenoviral-mediated transgene expression in liver cancer patientsIvan Penuelas
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Clinica Universitaria de Navarro, Pamplona, Spain
Gastroenterology 128:1787-95. 2005....
- Imaging studies for evaluating gene therapy in translational researchIvan Penuelas
MicroPET Research Unit, CIMA CUN, University of Navarra, Pamplona, Spain Electronic
Drug Discov Today Technol 2:335-43. 2005..Continued development should lead to greater use of these technologies in gene therapy and also help to shed light towards optimizing gene therapy in preclinical models and in the clinical setting.: ..
- PET Tracers for Clinical Imaging of Breast CancerIvan Penuelas
Department of Nuclear Medicine, University Clinic of Navarra, Avenida Pio XII 36, 31008 Pamplona, Spain
J Oncol 2012:710561. 2012..Furthermore, molecules related with the tumour microenvironment, tumour induced angiogenesis or even hypoxia could also be used as molecular biomarkers for breast cancer imaging...
- cAMP activates transcription of the human glucocorticoid receptor gene promoterI Penuelas
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Navarra School of Medicine, Pamplona, Spain
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 67:89-94. 1998....
- 18F-FDG metabolism in a rat model of chronic infarction: a 17-sector semiquantitative analysisI Penuelas
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Clinica Universitaria de Navarra, Av Pio XII 36, 31008 Pamplona, Spain
Nuklearmedizin 46:149-54. 2007..Strategies to establish the functional benefit of cell therapy in cardiac regeneration and the potential mechanism are needed...
- (13)N-ammonia PET as a measurement of hindlimb perfusion in a mouse model of peripheral artery occlusive diseaseIvan Penuelas
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Clinica Universitaria, University of Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
J Nucl Med 48:1216-23. 2007..The development of noninvasive methods for assessment and comparison of the efficacy of novel therapies in animal models is of great importance...
- Gene therapy imaging in patients for oncological applicationsIvan Penuelas
Department of Nuclear Medicine, University Hospital, University of Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 32:S384-403. 2005..Finally, the advantages of designing a gene therapy-based clinical trial with imaging fully integrated from the very beginning are discussed and future perspectives for the development of these applications outlined...
- Positron emission tomography and gene therapy: basic concepts and experimental approaches for in vivo gene expression imagingIvan Penuelas
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Clinica Universitaria de Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
Mol Imaging Biol 6:225-38. 2004....
- The HIF-1α hypoxia response in tumor-infiltrating T lymphocytes induces functional CD137 (4-1BB) for immunotherapyAsis Palazon
CIMA and CUN University of Navarra, Pamplona, Navarra, Spain
Cancer Discov 2:608-23. 2012..As a result, low-dose intratumoral injections avoid liver inflammation, achieve antitumor systemic effects, and permit synergistic therapeutic effects with PD-L1/B7-H1 blockade...
- Adipose stromal vascular fraction improves cardiac function in chronic myocardial infarction through differentiation and paracrine activityManuel Mazo
Hematology and Cell Therapy and Foundation for Applied Medical Research, Division of Cancer, Clinica Universitaria, University of Navarra, Navarra, Spain
Cell Transplant 21:1023-37. 2012..These results show the potential of SVF to contribute to the regeneration of ischemic tissue and to provide a long-term functional benefit in a rat model of chronic MI, by both direct and indirect mechanisms...
- Simple automated system for simultaneous production of 11C-labeled tracers by solid supported methylationGemma Quincoces
Department of Nuclear Medicine, University Hospital, University of Navarra School of Medicine, Av Pio XII 36, 31008 Pamplona, Spain
Appl Radiat Isot 64:808-11. 2006..Furthermore, it can be used for multiple simultaneous synthesis...
- Molecular imaging techniques to study the biodistribution of orally administered (99m)Tc-labelled naive and ligand-tagged nanoparticlesPaloma Areses
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Clinica Universidad de Navarra, University Clinic of Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
Mol Imaging Biol 13:1215-23. 2011..Study by molecular imaging the biodistribution of poly(anhydride) nanoparticles after oral administration...
- Transplantation of mesenchymal stem cells exerts a greater long-term effect than bone marrow mononuclear cells in a chronic myocardial infarction model in ratManuel Mazo
Hematology and Cell Therapy and Division of Cancer, Clinica Universitaria and Foundation for Applied Medical Research, University of Navarra, Navarra, Spain
Cell Transplant 19:313-28. 2010..Altogether, results show that MSC provides a long-term superior benefit than whole BM-MNC transplantation in a rat model of chronic MI...
- MAPC transplantation confers a more durable benefit than AC133+ cell transplantation in severe hind limb ischemiaXabier L Aranguren
Hematology Service and Cell Therapy, Foundation for Applied Medical Research, Division of Cancer, University of Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
Cell Transplant 20:259-69. 2011..This, in turn, conferred tissue protection and regeneration with longer term functional improvement...
- Voxel-based analysis of dual-time-point 18F-FDG PET images for brain tumor identification and delineationElena Prieto
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Clinica Universidad de Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
J Nucl Med 52:865-72. 2011..We have investigated dual-time-point (18)F-FDG PET for the detection and delineation of high-grade brain tumors using quantitative criteria applied on a voxel basis...
- Conjunctival vaccination against Brucella ovis in mice with mannosylated nanoparticlesRaquel Da Costa Martins
Dpt Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Technology, University of Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
J Control Release 162:553-60. 2012..In summary, mannosylated nanoparticles appear to be a safe and suitable adjuvant for conjunctival vaccination...
- Adeno-associated virus liver transduction efficiency measured by in vivo [18F]FHBG positron emission tomography imaging in rodents and nonhuman primatesAstrid Paneda
Division of Hepatology and Gene Therapy, Center for Applied Medical Research CIMA, 31008 Pamplona, Spain
Hum Gene Ther 22:999-1009. 2011..However, we also describe how an immune response against HSV-TK hampered analysis of long-term expression in nonhuman primates...
- PET optimization for improved assessment and accurate quantification of 90Y-microsphere biodistribution after radioembolizationJosep M Marti-Climent
Nuclear Medicine Department, Clinica Universidad de Navarra, 36, Pío XII Avenue, 31008 Pamplona, Spain
Med Phys 41:092503. 2014....
- Dual tracer 11C-choline and FDG-PET in the diagnosis of biochemical prostate cancer relapse after radical treatmentJose A Richter
Nuclear Medicine Department, Clinica Universitaria, Universidad de Navarra, Avenida Pio XII 36, Pamplona, Spain
Mol Imaging Biol 12:210-7. 2010..The purpose of this study was to evaluate a dual tracer 2-deoxy-2-[F-18]fluoro-D: -glucose (FDG) and (11)C-choline positron emission tomography (PET) protocol in the detection of biochemical prostate cancer relapse...
- Dendritic cells delivered inside human carcinomas are sequestered by interleukin-8Esperanza Feijoo
Division of Hepatology and Gene Therapy, Clinica Universitaria School of Medicine, Foundation for Applied Medical Research, Universidad de Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
Int J Cancer 116:275-81. 2005..Impairment of DC migration toward lymphoid tissue could be involved in cancer immune evasion...
- Statistical parametric maps of ¹⁸F-FDG PET and 3-D autoradiography in the rat brain: a cross-validation studyElena Prieto
Nuclear Medicine Department, Clinica Universidad de Navarra, Av Pio XII 36, 31008 Pamplona, Spain
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 38:2228-37. 2011..The gold standard for the validation of the PET results was the autoradiography of the same animals acquired under the same physiological conditions, reconstructed as a 3-D volume and analysed using SPM...
- Monoaminergic PET imaging and histopathological correlation in unilateral and bilateral 6-hydroxydopamine lesioned rat models of Parkinson's disease: a longitudinal in-vivo studyFrancisco Molinet-Dronda
Movement Disorders Laboratory, Neurosciences Area, CIMA, University of Navarra, Pamplona, Spain Centro de Investigación Biomédica en Red sobre Enfermedades Neurodegenerativas CIBERNED, Madrid, Spain MicroPET Research Unit, CIMA, University of Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
Neurobiol Dis 77:165-72. 2015..001). The data presented here indicate that (11)C-DTBZ PET may be used to ascertain changes occurring in-vivo throughout the evolution of nigro-striatal dopaminergic neurodegeneration, mainly in the unilateral 6-OHDA lesion rat. ..
- Design and performance evaluation of single-use whole-sterile "plug & play" kits for routine automated production of [(11)C]choline and [(11)C]methionine with radiopharmaceutical qualityGemma Quincoces
Radiopharmacy Unit, Department of Nuclear Medicine, University Hospital, University of Navarra School of Medicine, Av Pio XII 36, 31008 Pamplona, Spain
Appl Radiat Isot 68:2298-301. 2010..The use of all-disposable sterile medical-grade material, helps ensure safety and cGMP compliance. The quick set-up and removal ("plug & play") also reduces radiation burden to operator...
- Toxicity studies of poly(anhydride) nanoparticles as carriers for oral drug deliveryPatricia Ojer
Department of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Technology, University of Navarra, C Irunlarrea, 1, Pamplona 31008, Spain
Pharm Res 29:2615-27. 2012..To evaluate the acute and subacute toxicity of poly(anhydride) nanoparticles as carriers for oral drug/antigen delivery...
- Decreased carbon-11-flumazenil binding in early Alzheimer's diseaseBelen Pascual
Neuroscience Division, Centre for Applied Medical Research, University of Navarra, Pamplona, 31008, Spain
Brain 135:2817-25. 2012..From these data, we conclude that [(11)C]-flumazenil binding could be a useful marker of neuronal loss in early Alzheimer's disease...
- Glucose metabolism during fasting is altered in experimental porphobilinogen deaminase deficiencyMaria Collantes
MicroPET Research Unit, CIMA CUN, University of Navarra, Pamplona, Spain, Nuclear Medicine Department, Clinica Universidad de Navarra, Pamplona, Spain, Instituto de Investigación Sanitaria de Navarra IdiSNA, Pamplona, Spain
Hum Mol Genet 25:1318-27. 2016..Glucose homeostasis in fasted AIP mice was efficiently normalized after restoration of PBGD gene expression in the liver. ..
- Impact of time-of-flight and point-spread-function in SUV quantification for oncological PETElena Prieto
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Clinica Universidad de Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
Clin Nucl Med 38:103-9. 2013..However, first experiences with these techniques have shown a consistent tendency to measure markedly high SUV values, bewildering nuclear medicine physicians and referring clinicians...
- Cyclodextrin-poly(anhydride) nanoparticles as new vehicles for oral drug deliveryMaite Agüeros
University of Navarra, School of Pharmacy, Department of Pharmaceutics and Pharmaceutical Technology, Pamplona, Spain
Expert Opin Drug Deliv 8:721-34. 2011..Among other types of drug, various anti-cancer drugs also suffer from these drawbacks (i.e., paclitaxel), which limits the possibilities for developing oral treatments...
- Twelve automated thresholding methods for segmentation of PET images: a phantom studyElena Prieto
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Clinica Universidad de Navarra, Pio XII 36, 31008 Pamplona, Spain
Phys Med Biol 57:3963-80. 2012..05). We have herein demonstrated that fully automated thresholding algorithms can provide better results than classical PET segmentation tools...
- Progression of dopaminergic depletion in a model of MPTP-induced Parkinsonism in non-human primates. An (18)F-DOPA and (11)C-DTBZ PET studyJavier Blesa
Movement Disorders Group, Neurosciences Division, CIMA, and Department of Neurology and Neurosurgery, Clinica Universidad de Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
Neurobiol Dis 38:456-63. 2010..We evaluated 6-[18F]-fluoro-l-DOPA ((18)F-DOPA) and 11C-(+)-alpha-dihydrotetrabenazine ((11)C-DTBZ) using PET in a model of chronically MPTP-induced parkinsonism in non-human primates...
- Agonist anti-CD137 mAb act on tumor endothelial cells to enhance recruitment of activated T lymphocytesAsis Palazon
CIMA and CUN University of Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
Cancer Res 71:801-11. 2011..Our findings identify an additional mechanism of action that can explain the immunotherapeutic effects of agonist CD137 antibodies...
- Activation of human cerebral and cerebellar cortex by auditory stimulation at 40 HzMaria A Pastor
Department of Neurology, University of Navarra School of Medicine, 31080 Pamplona, Spain
J Neurosci 22:10501-6. 2002..Additionally, we found that, compared with other stimulation frequencies, 40 Hz selectively activated the auditory region of the pontocerebellum, a brain structure with important roles in cortical inhibition and timing...
- New MRI, 18F-DOPA and 11C-(+)-alpha-dihydrotetrabenazine templates for Macaca fascicularis neuroimaging: advantages to improve PET quantificationM Collantes
Small Animal Imaging Research Unit, Center for Applied Medical Research CIMA and Clínica Universidad de Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
Neuroimage 47:533-9. 2009..In conclusion, templates of M. fascicularis brain have been constructed and validated for reproducible and automated PET quantification. All templates are electronically available via the internet...
- [Use of 11C-(+)-alpha -dihydrotetrabenazine for the assessment of dopaminergic innervation in animal models of Parkinson's disease]M Collantes
Unidad de Investigación microPET, Centro de Investigación Médica Aplicada CIMA Clínica Universitaria de Navarra, Pamplona, Espana
Rev Esp Med Nucl 27:103-11. 2008....
- [Quick and simple synthesis of (11)C-(+)-alpha-dihydrotetrabenazine to be used as a PET radioligand of vesicular monoamine transporters]G Quincoces
Unidad de Radiofarmacia, Servicio de Medicina Nuclear, Clinica Universitaria de Navarra, Pamplona, Navarra, Spain
Rev Esp Med Nucl 27:13-21. 2008....
- A phase I clinical trial of thymidine kinase-based gene therapy in advanced hepatocellular carcinomaB Sangro
Liver Unit, Clinica Universitaria, Pamplona, Spain
Cancer Gene Ther 17:837-43. 2010..One of them achieved a sustained stabilization and survived for 26 months. In conclusion, Ad.TK can be safely administered by intratumoral injection to patients with HCC up to 2 × 10¹² vp per patient...
- [Use of a cyclotron in the production of positron emitting radionuclides]J Marti-Climent
Servicio de Medicina Nuclear, Clinica Universitaria de Navarra, Pamplona, Navarra, 31008, Espana
Rev Esp Med Nucl 18:261-7. 1999....
- Functional neuroanatomy of sustained attention in schizophrenia: contribution of parietal corticesNatalia Ojeda
Department of Psychiatry and Medical Psychology, University Hospital School of Medicine, University of Navarre, Avda Pio XII, Pamplona, Navarre, Spain
Hum Brain Mapp 17:116-30. 2002..They failed to activate prefrontal and parietal regions at a similar level during tasks requiring increased cognitive effort, and they required a higher activation of inferior frontal regions to properly respond to cognitive demands...
- Pilot clinical trial of type 1 dendritic cells loaded with autologous tumor lysates combined with GM-CSF, pegylated IFN, and cyclophosphamide for metastatic cancer patientsCarlos Alfaro
Gene Therapy and Hepatology Unit, Center for Applied Medical Research, University of Navarra, 31008 Pamplona, Spain
J Immunol 187:6130-42. 2011..This combinatorial immunotherapy strategy is safe and feasible, and its immunobiological effects suggest potential activity in patients with minimal residual disease. A randomized trial exploring this hypothesis is currently ongoing...
- Intensive pharmacological immunosuppression allows for repetitive liver gene transfer with recombinant adenovirus in nonhuman primatesAntonio Fontanellas
Gene Therapy and Hepatology Area, Centre for Applied Medical Research, University of Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
Mol Ther 18:754-65. 2010..This strategy allows measurable gene retransfer to the liver as late as 15 months following the first adenoviral exposure in a macaque, which has undergone a total of four treatments with the same adenoviral vector...
- In vivo study of the mucus-permeating properties of PEG-coated nanoparticles following oral administrationLaura Inchaurraga
Department of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Technology, University of Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 97:280-9. 2015..However, the capability of nanocarriers to develop adhesive interactions within the mucosa decreased when prepared at excessive PEG densities...
- Levodopa induces long-lasting modification in the functional activity of the nigrostriatal pathwayMario Riverol
Department of Neurology, Clinica Universidad de Navarra, Pamplona, Spain Laboratory of Regenerative Therapy, Center for Applied Medical Research CIMA, Pamplona, Spain
Neurobiol Dis 62:250-9. 2014..This study shows that chronic levodopa administration to monkeys with partial nigrostriatal degeneration followed by a washout period induces modifications in the functional activity of the dopaminergic nigrostriatal pathway. ..
- Antitumor and antiangiogenic effect of the dual EGFR and HER-2 tyrosine kinase inhibitor lapatinib in a lung cancer modelRoque Diaz
Division of Oncology, Center for Applied Medical Research CIMA, University of Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
BMC Cancer 10:188. 2010..In this report, we investigated the activity of lapatinib against non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC)...
- Meox2/Tcf15 heterodimers program the heart capillary endothelium for cardiac fatty acid uptakeGiulia Coppiello
From Department of Cardiovascular Sciences, Center for Molecular and Vascular Biology G C, I V, X L A, A L, Department of Cardiovascular Sciences, Cardiology Unit S V, M S, S J, Laboratory of Angiogenesis and Neurovascular Link, Vesalius Research Center, VIB Department of Oncology S S, P C, and Department of Cardiovascular Sciences, Experimental Cardiac Surgery Unit P H, KULeuven, Belgium Department of Nuclear Medicine, Clínica Universidad de Navarra MicroPET Research Unit CIMA CUN M C, I P, and Hematology and Cell Therapy Area, Clínica Universidad de Navarra and Division of Oncology, Center for Applied Medical Research F P, X L A, University of Navarra, Pamplona, Spain Laboratory of Comparative Neurobiology, Instituto Cavanilles, University of Valencia, CIBERNED, Spain M S S P, J M G V and Departments of Abdominal Surgery B T and Neurosurgery J v L, J G, University Hospitals Leuven KULeuven, Belgium
Circulation 131:815-26. 2015..Microvascular endothelium in different organs is specialized to fulfill the particular needs of parenchymal cells. However, specific information about heart capillary endothelial cells (ECs) is lacking...
- A synthetic peptide from transforming growth factor beta type III receptor inhibits liver fibrogenesis in rats with carbon tetrachloride liver injuryIgnacio José Ezquerro
Departamento de Medicina Interna, Universidad de Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
Cytokine 22:12-20. 2003..These results suggest that short synthetic peptides derived from TGF-beta1 type III receptor may be of value in reducing liver fibrosis in chronic liver injury...
- Transplantation of adipose derived stromal cells is associated with functional improvement in a rat model of chronic myocardial infarctionManuel Mazo
Hematology and Cell Therapy and Foundation for Applied Medical Research, Division of Cancer, University of Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
Eur J Heart Fail 10:454-62. 2008..To determine the effect of transplantation of undifferentiated and cardiac pre-differentiated adipose stem cells compared with bone marrow mononuclear cells (BM-MNC) in a chronic model of myocardial infarction...
- Bioadhesive properties and biodistribution of cyclodextrin-poly(anhydride) nanoparticlesMaite Agüeros
Department of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Technology, University of Navarra, Apartado 177, 31008 Pamplona, Spain
Eur J Pharm Sci 37:231-40. 2009..Finally, from in vivo studies, no evidence of translocation of distribution to other organs was observed when these nanoparticles were orally administered...
- Deletion of inducible nitric-oxide synthase in leptin-deficient mice improves brown adipose tissue functionSara Becerril
Metabolic Research Laboratory, Clinica Universidad de Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
PLoS ONE 5:e10962. 2010..Therefore, the aim of the present study was to analyze the impact of the absence of the inducible NO synthase (iNOS) gene in the regulation of energy balance in ob/ob mice...
- PET imaging of thymidine kinase gene expression in the liver of non-human primates following systemic delivery of an adenoviral vectorA Fontanellas
Division of Gene Therapy and Hepatology, Centre for Applied Medical Research, University of Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
Gene Ther 16:136-41. 2009..Such imaging methodology might contribute to improve strategies based on adenoviral vectors...
- Sustained attention in a counting task: normal performance and functional neuroanatomyF Ortuno
Department of Psychiatry and Medical Psychology, University Hospital, School of Medicine, University of Navarra, Pamplona, Navarre, Spain
Neuroimage 17:411-20. 2002..The findings obtained in this study support the notion that the parietal and dorsolateral prefrontal cortex are involved when time estimation and working memory are taking part in a task requiring sustained attention...