José María Marín
Affiliation: University of Zaragoza
- Prediction of risk of COPD exacerbations by the BODE indexJose M Marin
Hospital Miguel Servet, Instituto Aragones de Ciencias de la Salud, Zaragoza, Spain
Respir Med 103:373-8. 2009..This study assesses the power of the BODE index, a multidimensional grading system that predicts mortality, to predict subsequent exacerbations in patients with COPD...
- New GOLD classification: longitudinal data on group assignmentCiro Casanova
Pulmonary Department, Hospital Universitario NTRA, SRA, de La Candelaria, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Tenerife, Spain
Respir Res 15:3. 2014..Little is known about the longitudinal changes associated with using the 2013 update of the multidimensional GOLD strategy for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)...
- Epigenetics modifications and Subclinical Atherosclerosis in Obstructive Sleep Apnea: The EPIOSA studyJose M Marin
Respiratory Service, Hospital Universitario Miguel Servet, I 3 Avda Isabel la Católica, 50006 Zaragoza, Spain
BMC Pulm Med 14:114. 2014..We have thus initiated the Epigenetics modification in Obstructive Sleep Apnea (EPIOSA) study (ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT02131610)...
- Association between treated and untreated obstructive sleep apnea and risk of hypertensionJose M Marin
Respiratory Department, Hospital Universitario Miguel Servet, Zaragoza, Spain
JAMA 307:2169-76. 2012..Systemic hypertension is prevalent among patients with obstructive sleep apnea (OSA). Short-term studies indicate that continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) therapy reduces blood pressure in patients with hypertension and OSA...
- Long-term cardiovascular outcomes in men with obstructive sleep apnoea-hypopnoea with or without treatment with continuous positive airway pressure: an observational studyJose M Marin
Respiratory Service, Hospital Universitario Miguel Servet, Isabel la Catolica, Zaragoza, Spain
Lancet 365:1046-53. 2005....
- Prognostic assessment in COPD: health related quality of life and the BODE indexJose M Marin
Hospital Universitario Miguel Servet, Instituto Aragones Ciencias Salud and CIBERES, Zaragoza, Spain
Respir Med 105:916-21. 2011..COPD is a debilitating disease with increasing mortality worldwide. The BODE index evaluates disease severity and the St George's Respiratory Questionnaire (SGRQ) measures health status...
- Outcomes in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and obstructive sleep apnea: the overlap syndromeJose M Marin
Respiratory Service, Hospital Universitario Miguel Servet, Zaragoza 50009, Spain
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 182:325-31. 2010..Patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) (overlap syndrome) are more likely to develop pulmonary hypertension than patients with either condition alone...
- [COPD and sleep apnea-hypopnea syndrome]José María Marín
Servicio de Neumologia, Hospital Universitario Miguel Servet, Zaragoza, Espana
Arch Bronconeumol 45:54-8. 2009....
- [Patient-reported parameters in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease]Virginia Moya
Servicio de Neumologia, Hospital Universitario Miguel Servet, Instituto Aragones de Ciencias de la Salud, Zaragoza, Spain
Arch Bronconeumol 46:15-9. 2010....
- Medication adherence and persistence in severe obstructive sleep apneaIsabel Villar
Pharmacy Services, Hospital Universitario Miguel Servet, Zaragoza, Spain
Sleep 32:623-8. 2009....
- Agreement between a simple dyspnea-guided treatment algorithm for stable COPD and the GOLD guidelines: a pilot studyCarlos Cabrera
University Hospital of Gran Canaria Dr Negrin, Respiratory Service, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain
Int J Chron Obstruct Pulmon Dis 11:1217-22. 2016..The purpose of this study was to validate a simpler dyspnea-based treatment algorithm for inhaled pharmacotherapy in stable COPD, comparing its concordance with the current Global Initiative for Obstructive Lung Disease (GOLD) guideline...