Affiliation: University of Murcia
- Different contribution of glucocorticoids in the basolateral amygdala to the formation and expression of opiate withdrawal-associated memoriesDaniel García-Pérez
Department of Pharmacology, University of Murcia, Murcia, Spain Electronic address
Psychoneuroendocrinology 74:350-362. 2016..These findings might have important implications for drug-seeking behavior...
- Acute Morphine, Chronic Morphine, and Morphine Withdrawal Differently Affect Pleiotrophin, Midkine, and Receptor Protein Tyrosine Phosphatase β/ζ Regulation in the Ventral Tegmental AreaDaniel García-Pérez
Group of Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology, Department of Pharmacology, University of Murcia, Campus de Espinardo, 30100, Murcia, Spain
Mol Neurobiol 54:495-510. 2017..All these observations suggest that the neuroprotective and behavioral adaptations that occur during opiate addiction could be, at least partly, mediated by these cytokines...
- Glucocorticoid Homeostasis in the Dentate Gyrus Is Essential for Opiate Withdrawal-Associated MemoriesDaniel García-Pérez
Department of Pharmacology DG P, CN, MLL, MVM, University of Murcia, Campus de Espinardo, 30100, Murcia, Spain
Mol Neurobiol . 2016..Together, disrupting these processes in the DG might lead to effective treatments in drug addiction thereby rapidly and persistently reducing invasive memories and subsequent drug seeking...
- Regulation of Pleiotrophin, Midkine, Receptor Protein Tyrosine Phosphatase β/ζ, and Their Intracellular Signaling Cascades in the Nucleus Accumbens During Opiate AdministrationDaniel García-Pérez
Group of Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology, University of Murcia, Campus de Espinardo, Murcia, Spain Mr García Pérez, Drs Laorden, and Milanés IMIB, Instituto Murciano de Investigación Biosanitaria, Murcia, Spain Mr García Pérez, Drs Laorden, and Milanés
Int J Neuropsychopharmacol 19:. 2015..Besides, there is increasing evidence that during the development of drug addiction, astrocytes contribute to the synaptic plasticity by synthesizing and releasing substances such as cytokines...
- Glial activation and midkine and pleiotrophin transcription in the ventral tegmental area are modulated by morphine administrationDaniel García-Pérez
Group of Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology, Medical Faculty of Murcia, Campus de Espinardo, 30100 Murcia, Spain Instituto Murciano de Investigación Biosanitaria IMIB, Murcia, Spain Electronic address
J Neuroimmunol 274:244-8. 2014..Given these results, we hypothesize a role for these cytokines in mediating, at least in part, acute neuroprotective effects and chronic neurotrophic adaptations that contribute to drug dependence. ..
- Regulation of dopaminergic markers expression in response to acute and chronic morphine and to morphine withdrawalDaniel García-Pérez
Group of Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology, Campus de Espinardo, University of Murcia, Spain
Addict Biol 21:374-86. 2016....
- Glucocorticoids regulation of FosB/ΔFosB expression induced by chronic opiate exposure in the brain stress systemDaniel García-Pérez
Group of Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology, Department of Pharmacology, University School of Medicine, Murcia, Spain
PLoS ONE 7:e50264. 2012..These data suggest that neuroadaptation (estimated as accumulation of FosB/ΔFosB) to opiates in brain areas associated with stress is modulated by GC, supporting the evidence of a link between brain stress hormones and addiction...
- Dysregulation of dopaminergic regulatory mechanisms in the mesolimbic pathway induced by morphine and morphine withdrawalDaniel García-Pérez
Group of Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology, Medical Faculty of Murcia, University of Murcia, Campus de Espinardo, 30100, Murcia, Spain
Brain Struct Funct 220:1901-19. 2015..Present data provide novel insight into the potential correlation between Nurr1 and Pitx3 and DA neurons plasticity during opiate addiction in the mesolimbic pathway. ..
- Morphine regulates Argonaute 2 and TH expression and activity but not miR-133b in midbrain dopaminergic neuronsDaniel García-Pérez
Group of Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Murcia, Murcia, Spain IMIB Murcia Institute of Biomedical Investigation, Murcia, Spain
Addict Biol 20:104-19. 2015..These findings provide new information into the possible correlation between Ago2/miRs complex regulation and DA neurons plasticity during opiate addiction. ..