Affiliation: University of Valencia
- Test-retest performance for the consonant-vowel dichotic listening test with and without attentional manipulationsM Gadea
Unidad de Neuropsicología, Hospital Universitario Dr Peset, Valencia, Spain
J Clin Exp Neuropsychol 22:793-803. 2000..There were also high correlation coefficients for the focused attention conditions (.77 and.76), although the subjects performed the attentional instructions more accurately in session two...
- Corpus callosum function in verbal dichotic listening: inferences from a longitudinal follow-up of Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis patientsMarien Gadea
Departamento de Psicobiologia, Facultat de Psicologia, Universitat de Valencia, Avda Blasco Ibáñez 21, 46010 Valencia, Spain
Brain Lang 110:101-5. 2009..Finally, the available research is scarce when focusing on the interhemispheric excitation or inhibition of the corpus callosum in linguistic functioning...
- A comparison of the effects for sustained versus shifted attention on dichotic listening performanceMarien Gadea
Departamento de Psicobiologia, Facultad de Psicologia, Universitat de Valencia, Avda Blasco Ibáñez 21, Valencia, Spain
Laterality 14:315-28. 2009..The improving effect was seen for the hits of both the left and right ears and so a right ear advantage was evident for the three time intervals...
- Increased cortisol and decreased right ear advantage (REA) in dichotic listening following a negative mood inductionMarien Gadea
Area de Psicobiologia, Facultat de Psicologia, Universitat de Valencia, Avda Blasco Ibáñez 21, E 46010 Valencia, Spain
Psychoneuroendocrinology 30:129-38. 2005..An explanation in terms of Kinsbourne's model for attentional-activation influences on DL is postulated and implications for the issue of affective illness are also discussed...
- [Applications of verbal dichotic listening in neurological and neuropsychiatric clinical practice]M Gadea-Doménech
Departamento de Psicobiologia, Facultad de Psicologia, Universidad de Valencia, Valencia, Spain
Rev Neurol 39:74-80. 2004..To review the most recent data regarding clinical applications of the dichotic listening technique in neurology and neuropsychiatry...
- Spectroscopic axonal damage of the right locus coeruleus relates to selective attention impairment in early stage relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosisMarien Gadea
Area de Psicobiologia, Facultat de Psicologia, Universitat de Valencia, Avda Blasco Ibáñez 21, E 46010, Valencia, Spain
Brain 127:89-98. 2004..The use of both 1H-MRS and DL showed the connection between axonal damage at right locus coeruleus and auditive selective attention dysfunction in early-stage RRMS...
- Salivary testosterone is related to both handedness and degree of linguistic lateralization in normal womenM Gadea
Facultad de Psicologia, Area de Psicobiologia, Universitat de Valencia, Avda Blasco Ibáñez 21, Spain
Psychoneuroendocrinology 28:274-87. 2003..The results are discussed in terms of several theories that have proposed a link between testosterone and cerebral lateralization...
- Dichotic listening and corpus callosum magnetic resonance imaging in relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis with emphasis on sex differencesMarien Gadea
Area de Psicobiologia, Facultat de Psicologia, Universitat de Valencia, Spain
Neuropsychology 16:275-81. 2002..An inverse correlation between months of disease evolution and CC area was found only in women...
- The sad, the angry, and the asymmetrical brain: dichotic listening studies of negative affect and depressionMarien Gadea
Departamento de Psicobiologia, Facultat de Psicologia, Valencia, Spain
Brain Cogn 76:294-9. 2011..However, the mobilization of the available left hemisphere resources in these responders (reflected in a higher REA) would indicate a remission of the episode but would not assure the absence of new relapses...
- What happens when we get angry? Hormonal, cardiovascular and asymmetrical brain responsesNeus Herrero
Unitat de Psiquiatria i Psicologia Mèdica, Facultat de Medicina, Departament Medicina, Universitat de Valencia, CIBERSAM, Valencia, Spain
Horm Behav 57:276-83. 2010..Regarding dichotic listening, an enhanced REA (right ear advantage) was observed after anger which indicates greater left hemisphere activity, supporting the motivational direction model...
- Emotional auditory paradigm in neuroimaging: a base for the study of psychosisJ Sanjuan
Medicine Department, Psychiatry Unit, Universidad de Valencia, Spain
Actas Esp Psiquiatr 33:383-9. 2005..The present study introduces a new paradigm for the study of emotional response based on auditory approach and designed specifically for the study of psychoses...