M Carmen Farinas
Affiliation: University of Cantabria
- New trends in infective endocarditisM Carmen Farinas
Unidad de Enfermedades Infecciosas, Hospital Marques de Valdecilla, Santander, Universidad de Cantabria, Spain
Enferm Infecc Microbiol Clin 29:22-35. 2011....
- Mannose-binding lectin gene variants and infections in patients receiving autologous stem cell transplantationAna Moreto
Infectious Diseases Unit, Hospital Universitario Marques de Valdecilla, University of Cantabria, IFIMAV, Santander, Spain
BMC Immunol 15:17. 2014..There are several promoter polymorphisms and structural variants of the MBL2 gene that encodes for this protein. These variants produce low levels of MBL and have been associated with an increased risk for infections...
- Impact of empirical treatment in extended-spectrum beta-lactamase-producing Escherichia coli and Klebsiella spp. bacteremia. A multicentric cohort studyGalo Peralta
Instituto de Formación e Investigación Marqués de Valdecilla, 3ª planta, Edificio IFIMAV, Avda Cardenal Herrera Oria, 39011 Santander, Spain
BMC Infect Dis 12:245. 2012..bacteremia...
- Adherence to recommendations by infectious disease consultants and its influence on outcomes of intravenous antibiotic-treated hospitalized patientsMaría Carmen Fariñas
Infectious Diseases Unit, Hospital Universitario Marques de Valdecilla, School of Medicine, University of Cantabria, Santander, Spain
BMC Infect Dis 12:292. 2012..This study analyses adherence by treating physicians to written ID recommendations (inserted in clinical records) and its effect on outcome in hospitalized antibiotic-treated patients in a tertiary hospital in Spain...
- [Lights and shadows of cytomegalovirus infection in solid organ transplantation]M Carmen Farinas
Unidad de Enfermedades Infecciosas, Hospital Universitario Marques de Valdecilla, IFIMAV, Universidad de Cantabria, Santander, Espana
Enferm Infecc Microbiol Clin 29:1-3. 2011..Complementary therapy with mTOR inhibitors and vaccine strategies against CMV are alternatives for which conclusive data are lacking...
- [Infection associated with hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis catheters]María Carmen Fariñas
Unidad de Enfermedades Infecciosas, Hospital Universitario Marques de Valdecilla, Universidad de Cantabria, Santander, Espana
Enferm Infecc Microbiol Clin 26:518-26. 2008..aureus nasal carriers, regular treatment of the catheter's exit site, and antibiotic lock therapy have been associated with a reduction of infectious episodes in HD and PD patients...
- Clinical characteristics and outcome of patients with pandemic 2009 Influenza A(H1N1)v virus infection admitted to hospitals with different levels of health-careManuel Gutiérrez-Cuadra
Infectious Diseases Unit, Hospital Marques de Valdecilla, University of Cantabria, Santander
Rev Esp Quimioter 25:56-64. 2012..The outcome of patients with influenza A 2009 (H1N1)v virus infection taking into account hospital type has not been elucidated...
- Nosocomial infection after lung surgery: incidence and risk factorsDaniel N Nan
Infectious Diseases Unit, Department of Internal Medicine, Hospital Universitario Marques de Valdecilla, Avda Valdecilla s n, E 39008 Santander, Spain
Chest 128:2647-52. 2005..To assess the incidence and risk factors for nosocomial infection after lung surgery...
- Vitamin D nutritional status and vitamin D regulated antimicrobial peptides in serum and pleural fluid of patients with infectious and noninfectious pleural effusionsCarlos A Amado
Division of Pneumology, Universidad de Cantabria, IDIVAL, Santander, Spain
BMC Pulm Med 16:99. 2016..Vitamin D and vitamin D dependent antimicrobial peptides such as Cathelicidin (LL-37) and β-defensin 2 have an important role in innate and adaptative immunity, but their role in pleural effusions has not been studied before...
- Mannose-binding lectin promoter polymorphisms and gene variants in pulmonary tuberculosis patients from cantabria (northern Spain)J Gonzalo Ocejo-Vinyals
Servicio de Inmunologia, Hospital Universitario Marques de Valdecilla, Avenida de Valdecilla S N, 39008 Santander, Spain
Pulm Med 2012:469128. 2012..Despite the slight trend of the D allele and HYPD haplotype in conferring protection against pulmonary tuberculosis, susceptibility to this disease would probably be due to other genetic factors, at least in our population...
- [Daptomycin in complicated skin and soft tissue infections]José Barberán
Unidad de Enfermedades Infecciosas, Hospital Central de Defensa Gómez Ulla, Madrid, Espana
Enferm Infecc Microbiol Clin 30:33-7. 2012..aureus...
- [Identification of clinically relevant fungi using molecular techniques]Fabián Unda
Servicio de Microbiología Clínica y Parasitología, Hospital Universitario Marques de Valdecilla, Santander, Espana
Enferm Infecc Microbiol Clin 29:282-5. 2011..To apply a sequencing-based molecular method to identify clinically relevant fungi to species level...
- Clinical course and predictors of death in prosthetic valve endocarditis over a 20-year periodHector Alonso-Valle
Emergency Department, Hospital Universitario Marques de Valdecilla, Universidad de Cantabria, Santander, Spain
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 139:887-93. 2010..We retrospectively reviewed patient's clinical records, including laboratory findings, surgery, and pathologic files, in an acute-care, 1200-bed teaching hospital...