Affiliation: University of Valencia
- Pegylated alpha-interferon-2a plus ribavirin compared with pegylated alpha-interferon-2b plus ribavirin for initial treatment of chronic hepatitis C virus: prospective, non-randomized studyAmparo Escudero
Service of Hepatology, University Hospital Clinic, Department of Medicine, University of Valencia, Valencia, Spain
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 23:861-6. 2008....
- Effect of hepatitis C virus infection and abstinence from alcohol on survival in patients with alcoholic cirrhosisMiguel A Serra
Service of Hepatology, Hospital Clinico Universitario, Faculty of Medicine, Valencia, Spain
J Clin Gastroenterol 36:170-4. 2003..We assessed the effect of HCV infection and abstinence from alcohol on survival in a cohort of patients with alcoholic cirrhosis...
- Risk factors for nonhepatic surgery in patients with cirrhosisJuan A Del Olmo
Service of Hepatology, Hospital Clinico Universitario, Avenida Blasco Ibañez 17, E 46010 Valencia, Spain
World J Surg 27:647-52. 2003..Independent variables associated with perioperative mortality include preoperative Child-Pugh score, the duration of surgery, and the presence of postoperative general complications...
- Changing prevalence, clinical features, and outcome of acute hepatitis in Spain (1982-2003)Juan A Del Olmo
Service of Hepatology, University Clinic Hospital, Department of Medicine, University of Valencia, Avda Blasco Ibanez 17, E 46010 Valencia, Spain
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 21:982-7. 2006..Diagnostic and preventive measures have contributed to a change in the epidemiology of acute hepatitis. The purpose of the present paper was to assess the changing prevalence of acute hepatitis from 1982 to 2003...
- Mitochondrial oxidative stress and CD95 ligand: a dual mechanism for hepatocyte apoptosis in chronic alcoholismJuan B Minana
Departamento de Fisiologia, Facultad de Medicina, Universitat de Valencia, Valencia, Spain
Hepatology 35:1205-14. 2002..The overproduction of ROS by mitochondria, driven by acetaldehyde metabolism, is a common trigger of both mechanisms...