José J Castro
Affiliation: University of Granada
- Influence of interocular differences in the Strehl ratio on binocular summationJosé J Castro
Laboratory of Vision Sciences and Applications, Department of Optics, University of Granada, Facultad de Ciencias Edificio Mecenas, Avenida Fuentenueva s n, 18071 Granada, Spain
Ophthalmic Physiol Opt 29:370-4. 2009..The higher the interocular differences in the Strehl ratio, the lower the binocular summation. Binocular summation is less effective as the interocular differences in retinal image increase...
- New testing software for quantifying discrimination capacity in subjects with ocular pathologiesJosé J Castro
University of Granada, Department of Optics, Laboratory of Vision Sciences and Applications, Granada 18071, Spain
J Biomed Opt 16:015001. 2011..The test presented here could be useful for the study and time course in different eye diseases, especially those involving an increase in scattered light or alterations in the ocular media, as shown in this work...
- Quantifying age-related differences in visual-discrimination capacity: drivers with and without visual impairmentCarolina Ortiz
Department of Optics, Laboratory of Vision Sciences and Applications, University of Granada, Edificio Mecenas, Av Fuentenueva S N, Granada, Spain
Appl Ergon 44:523-31. 2013..g. in the requirements for a driver's license, particularly for older drivers...
- Retinal-image quality and contrast-sensitivity function in age-related macular degenerationCarolina Ortiz
Departament of Optics, Laboratory of Vision Sciences and Applications, University of Granada, Granada, Spain
Curr Eye Res 35:757-61. 2010..In this article, retinal-image quality and contrast sensitivity were measured in 25 patients with age-related macular degeneration (ARMD) and 15 patients with normal retinal health...
- Binocular summation and visual function with induced anisocoria and monovisionJosé J Castro
Laboratory of Vision Sciences and Applications, Department of Optics, University of Granada, 18071 Granada, Spain
Biomed Opt Express 7:4250-4262. 2016..This deterioration is clinically acceptable in the case of low add power, since positive binocular summation is maintained in contrast sensitivity, and visual discrimination is not altered...
- Optical quality and visual discrimination capacity after myopic LASIK with a standard and aspheric ablation profileRosario G Anera
University of Granada, Spain
J Refract Surg 27:597-601. 2011..To determine whether the eye's optical quality is correlated to the visual discrimination capacity of patients treated with LASIK using two different ablation algorithms...
- Interocular differences in higher-order aberrations on binocular visual performanceJosé R Jiménez
Departamento de Optica, Edificio Mecenas, Universidad de Granada, Granada, Spain
Optom Vis Sci 85:174-9. 2008..To analyze the influence of higher-order aberrations on binocular visual performance under mesopic conditions...
- Prevalence of refractive errors in children in Equatorial GuineaMargarita Soler
PhD Laboratory of Vision Sciences and Applications, Department of Optics, University of Granada, Granada, Spain all authors
Optom Vis Sci 92:53-8. 2015..The aim of this work is to evaluate the epidemiological aspects of the refractive errors in school-aged children in Malabo (Island of Bioko), Equatorial Guinea (western-central Africa)...
- Testing a model for excimer laser-ablation rates on corneal shape after refractive surgeryJosé R Jiménez
Laboratory of Vision Sciences and Applications, Department of Optics, University of Granada, Granada 18071, Spain
Opt Lett 35:1789-91. 2010....
- Upper disparity limit after LASIKJosé R Jiménez
Department of Optics, Laboratory of Vision Sciences and Applications, University of Granada, Granada 18071, Spain
J Opt Soc Am A Opt Image Sci Vis 25:1227-31. 2008..New ablation algorithms should minimize interocular differences in order to improve binocular visual performance...