Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Barcelona
- [Venlafaxine titration dosage in depressive in-patients. A series of cases]M Bernardo
Hospital Clinico, Barcelona, Espana
Actas Esp Psiquiatr 31:31-4. 2003..The most common events in both groups were considered mild. The data of these patients show faster response to antidepressant therapy with faster titration dosage, with maintenance of the molecule's tolerability profile...
- [Neuropsychological alteration in schizophrenia and its modification]R Penadés
Serveis de Psicología Clínica i Psiquiatría, Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, 08036, Espana
Actas Esp Psiquiatr 27:198-208. 1999..At least, neuropsychological rehabilitation programs are reviewed from a clinical point of view...
- Double-blind olanzapine vs. haloperidol D2 dopamine receptor blockade in schizophrenic patients: a baseline-endpointM Bernardo
Department of Psychiatry, Hospital Clinic, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer, Universitat de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Psychiatry Res 107:87-97. 2001..In this regard, SPECT studies including baseline and endpoint examinations should be encouraged...
- Assessment of real-world daily-living skills in early-onset schizophrenia trough the Life Skills Profile scaleO Puig
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Psychology, SGR 1119, Hospital Clinic Universitari, Barcelona, Spain
Schizophr Res 145:95-100. 2013..The purpose of this study was to examine the usefulness and the feasibility of the LSP to assess daily living skills in EOS...
- Pattern of cognitive dysfunction in depressive patients during maintenance electroconvulsive therapyL Rami-Gonzalez
Institute of Psychiatry and Psychology, Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, Spain
Psychol Med 33:345-50. 2003..Objective data regarding adverse cognitive deficits associated with maintenance electroconvulsive therapy (M-ECT) are lacking. This study examined the cognitive state of depressive patients during M-ECT...
- [Assessment of frontal functions in psychiatric patients during maintenance electroconvulsive therapy]L Rami-Gonzalez
Instituto Clínico de Psiquiatría y Psicología, Hospital Clinico y Provincial de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Actas Esp Psiquiatr 31:69-72. 2003..This study aims to assess frontal executive functions in psychiatric patients during maintenance electroconvulsive therapy (M-ECT)...
- Intuitive pharmacogenetics: spontaneous risperidone dosage is related to CYP2D6, CYP3A5 and ABCB1 genotypesS Mas
Department of Pathological Anatomy, Pharmacology and Microbiology, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Pharmacogenomics J 12:255-9. 2012..No significant correlations were observed with regard to CYP3A5 and ABCB1. We find that, despite not knowing patients' metabolic status, clinicians modify risperidone dosage in order to obtain the best therapeutic option...
- Spanish validation of the Brief Assessment in Cognition in Schizophrenia (BACS) in patients with schizophrenia and healthy controlsN Segarra
Schizophrenia Clinic Program, Department of Psychiatry, Neuroscience Institute, Hospital Clinic de, Barcelona, Spain
Eur Psychiatry 26:69-73. 2011..We conclude that the BACS can facilitate the comparison of the cognitive performance of patients with schizophrenia in many different countries...
- Role of the cingulate gyrus during the Wisconsin Card Sorting Test: a single photon emission computed tomography study in normal volunteersA M Catafau
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Hospital Clinic, University of Barcelona, Spain
Psychiatry Res 83:67-74. 1998..In addition, no order effect was found in this study. These findings illustrate the advantage of independently evaluating the cingulate gyrus and the prefrontal cortex in SPECT studies of frontal cognitive function...
- Processing speed and executive functions predict real-world everyday living skills in adolescents with early-onset schizophreniaO Puig
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Psychology, Institut Clínic de Neurociències SGR 1119 Hospital Clínic Universitari, Barcelona, Spain
Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry 21:315-26. 2012..Nevertheless, much of the variance in the daily living skills measure remained unaccounted for, suggesting that other factors were involved as well in this young population...
- Prevalence and awareness of cardiovascular risk factors in patients with schizophrenia: a cross-sectional study in a low cardiovascular disease risk geographical areaM Bernardo
Clinic Schizophrenia Program, Hospital Clinic, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer IDIBAPS, Universitat de Barcelona, Centro de Investigación Biomédica en Red de Salud Mental CIBERSAM, Villarroel 170, Esc 9, 6 degrees Planta, 08036 Barcelona, Spain
Eur Psychiatry 24:431-41. 2009..Prevalence of cardiovascular disease is high in schizophrenia. Our aim is to estimate the prevalence of cardiovascular risk factors (CVRF) among schizophrenia patients...
- No brain perfusion impairment at long-term follow-up in elderly patients treated with electroconvulsive therapy for major depressionVictor Navarro
Clinical Institute of Psychiatry and Psychology, Hospital Clinic, University of Barcelona, Spain
J ECT 20:89-93. 2004..Our study adds new evidence in favor of the safety of the ECT, particularly in elderly subjects...
- Pharmacogenetic predictor of extrapyramidal symptoms induced by antipsychotics: multilocus interaction in the mTOR pathwayS Mas
Department of Pathological Anatomy, Pharmacology and Microbiology, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain Institut D investigacions Biomèdiques August Pi i Sunyer IDIBAPS, Barcelona, Spain Centro de Investigación Biomédica en Red de Salud Mental CIBERSAM, Barcelona, Spain
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 25:51-9. 2015..For the first time, the mTOR pathway has been related to EPS susceptibility and AP response. However, validation in larger and independent populations will be necessary for optimal generalization. ..
- [Selective alteration of the declarative memory systems in patients treated with a high number of electroconvulsive therapy sessions]L Rami-Gonzalez
Servicio de Psicología Hospital Clínic i Provincial de Barcelona, Barcelona, Espana
Rev Neurol 35:805-8. 2002..AIM. To study the declarative and non declarative memory system in psychiatric patients submitted to maintenance ECT treatment, with a high number of previous ECT sessions...
- Cost-effectiveness analysis of the prevention of relapse of schizophrenia in the longitudinal study Ziprasidone Extended Use in Schizophrenia (ZEUS)M Bernardo
Psychiatry Department, Hospital Clinic i Provincial, Barcelona, Spain
Actas Esp Psiquiatr 35:259-62. 2007..Estimate the cost-effectiveness of the prevention of relapse of schizophrenia in the ZEUS (Ziprasidone Extended Use in Schizophrenia Study) longitudinal study that compares ziprasidone with the option of not treating...
- Hippocampal abnormalities and age in chronic schizophrenia: morphometric study across the adult lifespanN Pujol
Núria Pujol, PhD, Department of Psychiatry and Clinical Psychobiology, University of Barcelona, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer IDIBAPS, Barcelona, Clinical Institute of Neurosciences ICN, Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, Spain Rafael Penadés, PhD, Department of Psychiatry and Clinical Psychobiology, University of Barcelona, IDIBAPS, Barcelona, ICN, Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, Centre for Biomedical Research on Mental Health CIBERSAM, Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Barcelona, Spain Carme Junqué, PhD, Department of Psychiatry and Clinical Psychobiology, University of Barcelona, IDIBAPS, Barcelona, Spain Ivo Dinov, PhD, Laboratory of Neuroimaging, University of California, Los Angeles, USA Cynthia H Y Fu, MD, PhD, Department of Old Age Psychiatry, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, UK Rosa Catalán, MD, PhD, Department of Psychiatry and Clinical Psychobiology, University of Barcelona, IDIBAPS, Spain
Br J Psychiatry 205:369-75. 2014..Hippocampal abnormalities have been demonstrated in schizophrenia. It is unclear whether these abnormalities worsen with age, and whether they affect cognition and function...
- A common variant in DRD3 gene is associated with risperidone-induced extrapyramidal symptomsP Gasso
Department of Anatomic Pathology, Pharmacology and Microbiology, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Pharmacogenomics J 9:404-10. 2009..AP-induced EPS remains a serious public health problem. Our finding of a common SNP (rs167771) in the DRD3 gene provides a strong new candidate gene for risperidone-induced EPS...
- Comparative hemodynamic effects of urapidil and labetalol after electroconvulsive therapyJ Blanch
Clinical Institute of Psychiatry and Psychology, Hospital Clinic Universitari de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
J ECT 17:275-9. 2001..Urapidil seems to be a good alternative to labetalol for attenuating the hypertensive response to ECT in cases where there is a contraindication to beta-antagonists...
- [Electroconvulsive therapy in the treatment of bipolar depression]M Valenti
Programa de Trastornos Bipolares, Institut de Neurociencies, Hospital Clinic i Provincial de Barcelona, IDIBAPS, Universitat de Barcelona, Barcelona
Actas Esp Psiquiatr 35:199-207. 2007..Differences in response between bipolar and unipolar depression are also discussed...
- Double-blind, placebo-controlled comparison of intramuscular olanzapine and intramuscular haloperidol in the treatment of acute agitation in schizophreniaP Wright
Lilly Research Centre, Eli Lilly Company, Surrey, UK
Am J Psychiatry 158:1149-51. 2001..No significant QT(c) interval changes were observed in any patients. CONCLUSIONS: Intramuscular olanzapine represents a rapid, effective, and safe treatment for acute agitation in schizophrenia...