F J Belda
Affiliation: University of Valencia
- [Ventilatory management of the severely brain-injured patient]F J Belda
Servicio de Anestesiologia y Reanimacion, Hospital Clinico Universitario de Valencia
Rev Esp Anestesiol Reanim 51:143-50. 2004..Finally, multimodal monitoring (intracranial pressure, central venous pressure, oxygen saturation detected in the jugular bulb, cerebral oxygen pressure) is recommended for adjusting PEEP and controlling hyperventilation...
- Supplemental perioperative oxygen and the risk of surgical wound infection: a randomized controlled trialF Javier Belda
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care, Hospital Clinico Universitario, Valencia, Spain
JAMA 294:2035-42. 2005..Supplemental perioperative oxygen has been variously reported to halve or double the risk of surgical wound infection...
- The predictive performance of a pharmacokinetic model for manually adjusted infusion of liquid sevofluorane for use with the Anesthetic-Conserving Device (AnaConDa): a clinical studyJavier F Belda
Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Department, Hospital Clinico Universitario de Valencia, Avenida Blasco Ibanez, 17 46010 Valencia, Spain
Anesth Analg 106:1207-14, table of contents. 2008..We evaluated the predictive performance of a simple manually adjusted pump infusion scheme, for infusion of liquid sevoflurane to the AnaConDa...
- Complications related to less-invasive haemodynamic monitoringF J Belda
Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Department, Hospital Clinico Universitario de Valencia, Valencia, Spain
Br J Anaesth 106:482-6. 2011..The aim of this study was to evaluate the type and incidence of complications during insertion, maintenance, and withdrawal of central arterial catheters used for transpulmonary thermodilution haemodynamic monitoring (PiCCO™)...
- [Minimally invasive cardiopulmonary monitoring with the PiCCO Plus system]G Aguilar
Servicio de Anerstesiología y Reanimación, Hospital Clinico Universitario, Valencia
Rev Esp Anestesiol Reanim 55:90-100. 2008....
- [Clinical validation of minimally invasive evaluation of systolic function]F J Belda
Hospital Clinico Universitario, Valencia
Rev Esp Anestesiol Reanim 57:559-64. 2010..Our aim was to compare these 2 PiCCO indices to the left-ventricular ejection fraction obtained by transthoracic echocardiography...
- Effects of prone position on alveolar dead space and gas exchange during general anaesthesia in surgery of long durationM Soro
Hospital Clinico Universitario, Department of Anaesthesia and Critical Care, Valencia, Spain
Eur J Anaesthesiol 24:431-7. 2007..We investigated the effects of prone position on respiratory dead space and gas exchange in 14 anaesthetized healthy patients undergoing elective posterior spinal surgery of more than 3 h of duration...
- [Intracranial hypertension related to sedation with sevoflurane using the AnaConDa(®) device in a patient with severe traumatic brain injury]C Ferrando
Servicio de Anestesiologia y Reanimacion, Hospital Clinico Universitario de Valencia, Valencia, España Electronic address
Rev Esp Anestesiol Reanim 60:472-5. 2013..We report the case of a patient with severe traumatic brain injury who suffered an increase in intracranial pressure as a result of increased PaCO2 after starting sedation with the AnaConDa(®) device. ..
- Comparison of the EEG-based SNAP index and the Bispectral (BIS) index during sevoflurane-nitrous oxide anaesthesiaP Ruiz-Gimeno
Department of Anaesthesiology and Critical Care, Hospital Clinico Universitario, Av Blasco Ibanez 17, 46010, Valencia, Spain
J Clin Monit Comput 19:383-9. 2005..In this context, a SNAP index ranging from 58 to 70 would be equivalent to the BIS index range 40 to 60 and, therefore, the accurate for surgical performance...
- Inspired supplemental oxygen reduces markers of oxidative stress during elective colon surgeryJ Garcia de la Asuncion
Department of Anaesthesiology and Perioperative Critical Care, University Clinic Hospital of Valencia and University Medical College, Valencia, Spain
Br J Surg 94:475-7. 2007
- Airway pressure curve: a good tool to measure neural inspiratory time?R Ferrandis
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care, Hospital Clinic Universitari, Valencia, Spain
Minerva Anestesiol 78:54-62. 2012..To test the hypothesis that inspiration, particularly the end of inspiration, can be estimated from the Paw curve, we compared indirect measurements based on Paw with simultaneous direct electromyography of the diaphragm (EMGdi)...
- The accuracy of the anesthetic conserving device (AnaConDa©) as an alternative to the classical vaporizer in anesthesiaMarina Soro
Department of Anesthesiology and Resuscitation, Hospital Clinico Universitario, Valencia, Spain
Anesth Analg 111:1176-9. 2010..However, the accuracy of the administered concentration of volatile anesthetics was not examined. In the present study we measured the accuracy of the ACD when used as a portable vaporizer...
- Effect of lung mechanics on mechanically assisted flows and volumesJesús Sancho
Unidad de Rehabilitación y Ventilación, Servicio de Neumologia, Hospital Clinico Universitario, Universitat de Valencia, Valencia, Spain
Am J Phys Med Rehabil 83:698-703. 2004..To correlate the air flows generated by mechanical insufflation-exsufflation as a function of pressure delivery in a lung model at two pulmonary compliance and three airway resistance settings...
- Mechanical insufflation-exsufflation: pressure, volume, and flow relationships and the adequacy of the manufacturer's guidelinesElia Gomez-Merino
Pneumology Department, Hospital Clínico Universitario Sant Joan d Alacant, Alicante, Spain
Am J Phys Med Rehabil 81:579-83. 2002..The purpose of this study was to examine the pressure, volume, and flow relationships for a range of settings generated by this device, and compare them with clinically efficacious values and the manufacturer's guidelines...