Affiliation: Universitat de Barcelona
- Drumming in immersive virtual reality: the body shapes the way we playKonstantina Kilteni
EVENT Lab, Facultat de Psicologia, Universitat de Barcelona, Spain
IEEE Trans Vis Comput Graph 19:597-605. 2013..This could be important for many applications such as learning, education, training, psychotherapy and rehabilitation using IVR...
- Decreased Corticospinal Excitability after the Illusion of Missing Part of the ArmKonstantina Kilteni
EVENT Lab, Department of Personality, Evaluation and Psychological Treatment, University of BarcelonaBarcelona, Spain IR3C Institute for Brain, Cognition, and Behaviour, University of BarcelonaBarcelona, Spain
Front Hum Neurosci 10:145. 2016..Our study provides evidence that a short-term illusory perception of missing a body-part can trigger inhibitory effects on corticospinal pathways and importantly in the absence of any limb deafferentation or disuse. ..
- First Person Perspective of Seated Participants Over a Walking Virtual Body Leads to Illusory Agency Over the WalkingElena Kokkinara
EVENT Lab, Departament de Psicologia Clínica i Psicobiologia Faculty of Psychology, University of Barcelona, Spain
Sci Rep 6:28879. 2016..Sway reduced the level of agency. We conclude with a discussion of the results in the light of current theories of agency. ..
- The sense of body ownership relaxes temporal constraints for multisensory integrationAntonella Maselli
EVENT Lab, Department of Personality, Evaluation and Psychological Treatment, Universitat de Barcelona, Barcelona, 08053, Spain
Sci Rep 6:30628. 2016..As a novelty, they show that the ensuing illusory causal binding between stimuli from the real and fake body relaxes constraints for the integration of bodily signals. ..
- First-Person Perspective Virtual Body Posture Influences Stress: A Virtual Reality Body Ownership StudyIlias Bergstrom
EVENT Lab, Facultat de Psicologia, Universitat de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
PLoS ONE 11:e0148060. 2016....