Affiliation: Universidad Rey Juan Carlos
- Introduction to focus issue: mesoscales in complex networksJuan A Almendral
Complex Systems Group, Rey Juan Carlos University, 28943 Fuenlabrada, Spain
Chaos 21:016101. 2011....
- Explosive transitions to synchronization in networks of phase oscillatorsI Leyva
Complex Systems Group, Universidad Rey Juan Carlos, 28933 Mostoles, Madrid, Spain
Sci Rep 3:1281. 2013..Third, we show that the conditions for abrupt transitions can be even softened in several cases. Finally, we discuss, as a possible application, the use of this phenomenon to express magnetic-like states of synchronization...
- Kinematic description of wave propagation through a chemical diodeI Sendiña-Nadal
Universidad Rey Juan Carlos, Tulipán, s n 28933 Móstoles, Spain
Chaos 16:033110. 2006..In the present paper, as an extension of that study, the main factors that influence this phenomenon are interpreted in terms of a kinematic model...
- Integration versus segregation in functional brain networksI Sendiña-Nadal
Complex Systems Group, Universidad Rey Juan Carlos, Mostoles, Madrid 28933, Spain
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 58:3004-7. 2011....
- Unveiling protein functions through the dynamics of the interaction networkIrene Sendiña-Nadal
Complex Systems Group, Universidad Rey Juan Carlos, Madrid, Spain
PLoS ONE 6:e17679. 2011..We also demonstrate that our approach can give a network representation of the meta-organization of biological processes by unraveling the interactions between different functional classes...
- Graph-based unsupervised segmentation algorithm for cultured neuronal networks' structure characterization and modelingDaniel de Santos-Sierra
Centre for Biomedical Technology, Universidad Politecnica de Madrid, Madrid, Spain
Cytometry A 87:513-23. 2015....
- Reorganization of functional networks in mild cognitive impairmentJavier M Buldú
Complex Systems Group, Universidad Rey Juan Carlos, Fuenlabrada, Spain
PLoS ONE 6:e19584. 2011..Due to the high rate of conversion from MCI to Alzheimer Disease (AD), these results show that the analysis of functional networks could be an appropriate tool for the early detection of both MCI and AD...
- Phase locking induces scale-free topologies in networks of coupled oscillatorsIrene Sendiña-Nadal
Departamento de Fisica, Universidad Rey Juan Carlos, Mostoles, Madrid, Spain
PLoS ONE 3:e2644. 2008..We show that the eventual locking occurs in correspondence to the arousal of a scale-free degree distribution in the original graph...
- Emergence of small-world anatomical networks in self-organizing clustered neuronal culturesDaniel de Santos-Sierra
Center for Biomedical Technology, Universidad Politecnica de Madrid, Pozuelo de Alarcon, Madrid, Spain
PLoS ONE 9:e85828. 2014..Finally, we identify the main physical processes ruling the culture's morphological transformations, and embed them into a simplified growth model qualitatively reproducing the overall set of experimental observations. ..
- Observability coefficients for predicting the class of synchronizability from the algebraic structure of the local oscillatorsIrene Sendiña-Nadal
Complex Systems Group, Universidad Rey Juan Carlos, E 28933 Móstoles, Madrid, Spain
Phys Rev E 94:042205. 2016..Our results suggest that specific dynamical properties can be evoked for explaining the classes of synchronizability...