Affiliation: Universidad de Alicante
- A relaxation technique enhances psychological well-being and immune parameters in elderly people from a nursing home: a randomized controlled studyAbilio Reig-Ferrer
Department of Health Psychology, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Alicante, Alicante, Spain
BMC Complement Altern Med 14:311. 2014..In residential programs for the aged, it is vital to diminish their risk of disease, promote their independence, and augment their psychological well-being and quality of life...
- Evaluation of spiritual well-being in haemodialysis patientsAbilio Reig-Ferrer
Departamento de Psicología de la Salud Universidad de Alicante, Spain
Nefrologia 32:731-42. 2012..In this article we report on the development and testing of an instrument for measuring spiritual well-being within a sample of haemodialysis patients...
- Utility of the Spanish translation of the Marital Satisfaction Inventory-Revised in SpainAbilio Reig-Ferrer
Department of Health Psychology, University of Alicante, Spain
Assessment 11:17-26. 2004..Implications of findings for clinical applications and further research are discussed...
- Smoking expectancies in smokers and never smokers: an examination of the smoking Consequences Questionnaire-SpanishAbilio Reig-Ferrer
Department of Health Psychology, Universidad de Alicante, Spain
Addict Behav 32:1405-15. 2007..Nonetheless, the finding of a more complex factors structure in smokers than in never smokers is in line with the hypothesis that drug-use expectancies become more complex with drug-use experience...
- Assessment of health-related quality of life in chronic dialysis patients with the COOP/WONCA chartsFrancisco Martín-Díaz
Nephrology Department, Sanatorio Perpetuo Socorro, Alicante, Spain
Nephron Clin Pract 104:c7-14. 2006..The aim of the present work was to determine the health-related quality of life (HRQOL) of our patients on hemodialysis using the COOP/WONCA charts. A further aim was to explore its psychometric characteristics...
- What do older people understand by mobility-related difficulties?Juan Diego Ramos-Pichardo
Department of Nursing, University of Alicante, Alicante, Spain Electronic address
Arch Gerontol Geriatr 59:122-30. 2014..As a secondary objective, we considered whether there are any differences depending on the type of activities, according to the International Classification of Functioning (ICF) mobility domains...
- Validation of a mobility item bank for older patients in primary careJulio Cabrero-García
Department of Nursing, University of Alicante, San Vicente del Raspeig, Alicante, Spain
Health Qual Life Outcomes 10:147. 2012..To develop and validate an item bank to measure mobility in older people in primary care and to analyse differential item functioning (DIF) and differential bundle functioning (DBF) by sex...
- Challenge of phosphorus control in hemodialysis patients: a problem of adherence?Maria Dolores Arenas
Department of Nephrology, Hospital Perpetuo Socorro, Alicante, Spain
J Nephrol 23:525-34. 2010..The aim of this study was to evaluate the degree of adherence of our hemodialysis (HD) patients to phosphate binders and to determine which variables were related to nonadherence to treatment...
- Development of a brief questionnaire of smoking urges--SpanishAntonio Cepeda-Benito
Department of Psychology, Texas A and M University, College Station, TX 77843 4235, USA
Psychol Assess 16:402-7. 2004..Moreover, in both studies each factor uniquely contributed to predict nicotine dependence. Overall, there was clear evidence of construct validity for the multidimensionality of smoking cravings among Spanish smokers...