Affiliation: Universidad de Sevilla
- The effects of telencephalic pallial lesions on spatial, temporal, and emotional learning in goldfishM Portavella
Laboratorio de Psicobiologia, Departamento de Psicologia Experimental, Universidad de Sevilla, Sevilla, Spain
Brain Res Bull 57:397-9. 2002..Furthermore, these functional data support the homology between the medial pallium of the teleost and the pallial amygdala of land vertebrates, and between the teleost lateral pallium and the mammalian hippocampus...
- Role for D-serine within the ventral tegmental area in the development of cocaine's sensitizationEmilio Fernandez-Espejo
Departamento de Fisiologia Medica, Universidad de Sevilla, Sevilla, Spain
Neuropsychopharmacology 33:995-1003. 2008..Besides CaMKII activity was otherwise reduced by 7-chlorokynurenate...
- Involvement of the telencephalon in spaced-trial avoidance learning in the goldfish (Carassius auratus)Manuel Portavella
Laboratorio de Psicobiologia, Departamento de Psicologia Experimental, Facultad de Psicologia, Universidad de Sevilla, C Camilo Jose Cela, s n 41018, Sevilla, Spain
Physiol Behav 80:49-56. 2003..These results provide further support for the hypothesis that the fish telencephalon contains an emotional system that is critical for fear conditioning...
- Avoidance response in goldfish: emotional and temporal involvement of medial and lateral telencephalic palliumManuel Portavella
Laboratorio de Psicobiologia, Departamento de Psicologia Experimental, Universidad de Sevilla, E 41018 Seville, Spain
J Neurosci 24:2335-42. 2004..We conclude that these specialized systems of memory could have appeared early during phylogenesis and could have been conserved throughout vertebrate evolution...
- Lesions of the medial pallium, but not of the lateral pallium, disrupt spaced-trial avoidance learning in goldfish (Carassius auratus)Manuel Portavella
Laboratorio de Psicobiologia, Departamento de Psicologia Experimental, Universidad de Sevilla, C Camilo José Cela S N, E 41018, Sevilla, Spain
Neurosci Lett 362:75-8. 2004..The proposal of a functional similarity between the fish MP and the mammalian amygdala, known to be involved in fear conditioning, suggests a conservative phylogenetic role of this area in avoidance learning...
- Telencephalic ablation in goldfish impairs performance in a 'spatial constancy' problem but not in a cued oneC Salas
Laboratorio de Psicobiologia, Facultad de Psicologia, Universidad de Sevilla, Spain
Behav Brain Res 79:193-200. 1996..The above data suggest that fishes can implement multiple spatial learning strategies which have different neural substrata. These results are discussed in relation to the possible nature of the representation underlying each task...
- What are the functions of fish brain pallium?Juan Pedro Vargas
Laboratorio de Neurociencia de la Conducta LNC, Departamento de Psicologia Experimental, Facultad de Psicologia, Universidad de Sevilla, C Camilo José Cela S N, E 41018, Sevilla, Spain
Brain Res Bull 79:436-40. 2009..This result allows discussion of homology proposals among lateral, dorsal, and medial pallia and hippocampus, isocortex, and pallial amygdala respectively...
- Emotional and spatial learning in goldfish is dependent on different telencephalic pallial systemsManuel Portavella
Departamento de Psicologia Experimental, Universidad de Sevilla, C Camilo José Cela S N, E 41018, Seville, Spain
Eur J Neurosci 21:2800-6. 2005..Present data could support the hypothesis that a sketch of these regions of the limbic system, and their associated functions, were present in the common ancestor of fish and terrestrial vertebrates 400 million years ago...
- Spatial learning and goldfish telencephalon NMDA receptorsYolanda Gómez
Laboratorio de Neurociencia de la Conducta, Departamento de Psicologia Experimental, Facultad de Psicologia, Campus Ramón y Cajal, C Camilo José Cela S N, 41018 Sevilla, Spain
Neurobiol Learn Mem 85:252-62. 2006..As a whole, these results indicate that physiological mechanisms of this hippocampus-dependent system could be a general feature in vertebrate, and therefore phylogenetically conserved...
- Age-related increase in the immunoproteasome content in rat hippocampus: molecular and functional aspectsM Paz Gavilan
Departamento de Bioquimica, Bromatologia, Toxicologia y Medicina Legal, Centro de Investigacion Biomedica en Red sobre Enfermedades Neurodegenerativas, Facultad de Farmacia, Universidad de Sevilla, Sevilla, Spain
J Neurochem 108:260-72. 2009..Based on present data, we propose that the age-related increases in the content of hippocampal immunoproteasome is mostly because of neuroinflammatory processes associated to aging...
- Telencephalon and geometric space in goldfishJuan Pedro Vargas
Department of Psychology and J P Scott Center for Neuroscience, Mind and Behaviour, Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, OH, USA
Eur J Neurosci 24:2870-8. 2006....