Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Universidad de Salamanca
- VRK2 identifies a subgroup of primary high-grade astrocytomas with a better prognosisIrene Rodriguez-Hernandez
Instituto de Biologia Molecular y Celular del Cancer, CSIC Universidad de Salamanca, Campus Miguel de Unamuno, 37007 Salamanca, Spain
BMC Clin Pathol 13:23. 2013..Therefore, the characterization of molecular alterations underlying the aggressive behavior of these tumors and the identification of new markers are thus an important step towards a better patient stratification and management...
- Gamma-heregulin has no biological significance in primary breast cancerE A Sánchez-Valdivieso
Br J Cancer 86:1362-3. 2002
- The T309G MDM2 gene polymorphism is a novel risk factor for proliferative vitreoretinopathySalvador Pastor-Idoate
Instituto de Oftalmobiología IOBA Retina Group, University of Valladolid, Valladolid, Spain Unidad de Medicina Molecular, Departamento de Medicina, University of Salamanca, Salamanca, Spain
PLoS ONE 8:e82283. 2013..8-19.1). Results indicate that the G allele of rs2279744 is associated with a higher risk of developing PVR in patients undergoing a RD surgery. Further studies are necessary to understand the role of this SNP in the development of PVR. ..
- Molecular analysis of activation-induced cytidine deaminase gene in immunoglobulin-E deficient patientsSergio Roa
Molecular Medicine Unit, Department of Medicine, University of Salamanca, 37007 Salamanca, Spain
Clin Dev Immunol 2008:146715. 2008....
- [Analysis of TRPV1 gene polymorphisms in Spanish patients with neuropathic pain]Pilar Armero
Cátedra Extraordinaria del Dolor, Fundación Grünenthal Universidad de Salamanca, Salamanca, Espana
Med Clin (Barc) 139:1-4. 2012..In an attempt to determine if genotypic variations in TRPV1 gene could be involved in the susceptibility to suffer neuropathic pain we have studied genetic variants of human TRPV1 gene...
- Association between -T786C NOS3 polymorphism and resistant hypertension: a prospective cohort studyIgnacio Cruz-Gonzalez
Cardiology Department, University Hospital of Salamanca, Salamanca, Spain
BMC Cardiovasc Disord 9:35. 2009..The aim of the present study was to investigate if the -786T>C and G894T (Glu298Asp) polymorphisms of the NOS3 gene were associated with resistant hypertension...
- Interleukin-10 gene polymorphism is associated with alcoholism but not with alcoholic liver diseaseMiguel Marcos
Servicio de Medicina Interna II, Hospital Universitario de Salamanca, Paseo de San Vicente 58 182, 37007 Salamanca, Spain
Alcohol Alcohol 43:523-8. 2008..To determine whether the functional polymorphism -592C>A of the interleukin (IL)-10 gene (IL10) influences the development of alcoholic liver disease or alcoholism in alcoholic Spanish subjects...
- Cannabinoid receptor 1 gene is associated with alcohol dependenceMiguel Marcos
Alcoholism Unit, Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital of Salamanca, Salamanca, Spain
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 36:267-71. 2012..We thus aimed to examine the relationship between 3 allelic variants of CNR1 (rs6454674, rs1049353, and rs806368) and AD...
- The p53 codon 72 polymorphism (rs1042522) is associated with proliferative vitreoretinopathy: the Retina 4 ProjectSalvador Pastor-Idoate
Department of Ophthalmology, University Hospital of Valladolid, Valladolid, Spain
Ophthalmology 120:623-8. 2013..To compare the distribution of a p53 gene polymorphism among European subjects undergoing primary retinal detachment (RD) surgery in relation to the development of proliferative vitreoretinopathy (PVR)...
- Analysis of DNA repair gene polymorphisms in glioblastomaIrene Rodriguez-Hernandez
Molecular Medicine Unit, Department of Medicine, University of Salamanca, Salamanca, Spain IBMCC and IBSAL USAL CSIC University Hospital, Salamanca, Spain
Gene 536:79-83. 2014..We thus aimed to investigate the role of DNA repair polymorphisms in modulating glioblastoma risk...
- Interleukin-1 gene cluster polymorphisms and alcoholism in Spanish menIsabel J Pastor
Unidad de Medicina Molecular, Departamento de Medicina, Salamanca, Spain
Alcohol Alcohol 40:181-6. 2005..We analysed the distribution of single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) located in the IL1A, IL1B, IL1R1 and IL1RN genes in alcoholic and non-alcoholic Spanish subjects...
- Effect of telomere length on prognosis in men with acute coronary syndromeJose Angel Perez-Rivera
Department of Cardiology, University Hospital of Salamanca, Salamanca, Spain Institute of Biomedical Research of Salamanca IBSAL, Salamanca, Spain Electronic address
Am J Cardiol 113:418-21. 2014..In conclusion, telomere length is a good predictor of cardiovascular prognosis in men admitted for acute coronary syndrome, but this relation depends on the chronological age of the population studied...
- A new genetic variant involved in genetic susceptibility to alcoholic liver cirrhosis: -330T>G polymorphism of the interleukin-2 geneMiguel Marcos
Alcoholism Unit, Service of Internal Medicine, University Hospital of Salamanca, Salamanca, Spain
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 20:855-9. 2008..A decrease in serum levels of interleukin-2 (IL-2) is usually found in alcoholic cirrhotics. In this study we examined the relationship between the -330T>G IL-2 gene (IL2) polymorphism and alcoholic liver cirrhosis...
- Paget's disease of bone is not associated with common polymorphisms in interleukin-6, interleukin-8 and tumor necrosis factor alpha genesLuis Corral-Gudino
Servicio de Medicina Interna, RETICEF, Hospital Universitario de Salamanca, Los Montalvos s n, Salamanca, Spain
Cytokine 52:146-50. 2010..Cytokines, specially interleukin (IL)-6, play an important role in the differentiation and activation of osteoclasts and might be involved in osteoblast stimulation in Paget's disease of bone (PDB)...
- COMT (Val158Met) polymorphism is not associated to neuropathic pain in a Spanish populationPilar Armero
Unidad de Medicina Molecular, Departamento de Medicina, Universidad de Salamanca, Spain
Eur J Pain 9:229-32. 2005..Our study concludes that functional Val158Met polymorphism of COMT gene is not associated to increased susceptibility to neuropathic pain...
- Interleukin-4 (IL4) and Interleukin-4 receptor (IL4RA) polymorphisms in asthma: a case control studyMaria Isidoro-Garcia
Department of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Salamanca, Campus Miguel de Unamuno, Salamanca 37008, Spain
Clin Mol Allergy 3:15. 2005..The purpose of this study was to analyse these polymorphisms in a population of patients with a well-characterized asthma phenotype...
- Breast cancer, a stem cell diseaseRogelio Gonzalez-Sarmiento
Departamento de Medicina, Facultdad de Medicina, Universidad de Salamanca, Campus Miguel de Unamuno s n Salamanca, 37007, Spain
Curr Stem Cell Res Ther 3:55-65. 2008..Here we review the origin of breast cancer stem cells and their role in the pathogenesis of cancer development, together with their implications in breast cancer progression, treatment and prognosis...
- Tumor necrosis factor polymorphisms and alcoholic liver disease: a HuGE review and meta-analysisMiguel Marcos
Servicio de Medicina Interna II, Hospital Universitario de Salamanca, Salamanca, Spain
Am J Epidemiol 170:948-56. 2009..Given the limited number of studies and the potential biases, more data are needed to confirm the association described for the -238A allele...
- The G1359A-CNR1 gene polymorphism is associated to glioma in Spanish patientsMercedes Nunez
Cancer Research Center IBMCC, University of Salamanca CSIC, Salamanca, Spain
Clin Transl Oncol 12:825-8. 2010..There is evidence to suggest an anti-neoplastic effect of these ligands in glial tissues mediated through stimulation of the receptor...
- Common polymorphisms in interleukin genes (IL4, IL6, IL8 and IL12) are not associated with alcoholic liver disease or alcoholism in Spanish menMiguel Marcos
Unidad de Alcoholismo, Servicio de Medicina Interna II, Hospital Universitario de Salamanca, Paseo de San Vicente 58 182, 37007, Salamanca, Spain
Cytokine 45:158-61. 2009..We thus analyze the association between these diseases and the following polymorphisms: -33T>C IL4, -174 G>C IL6, -251 T>A IL8 and 1188 A>C IL12B...
- Predictive value of VEGF A and VEGFR2 polymorphisms in the response to intravitreal ranibizumab treatment for wet AMDFernando Cruz-González
Departamento de Oftalmologia, Hospital Universitario de Salamanca, Salamanca, Spain
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 252:469-75. 2014..To determine whether gene polymorphisms of the vascular endothelial growth factor A (VEGF A) and its receptor (VEGFR) influence the response to a variable-dosing treatment regimen with ranibizumab for age-related macular degeneration...
- Integrated analysis of mismatch repair system in malignant astrocytomasIrene Rodriguez-Hernandez
Molecular Medicine Unit, Department of Medicine, University of Salamanca, Salamanca, Spain IBMCC and IBSAL, USAL CSIC University Hospital, Salamanca, Spain
PLoS ONE 8:e76401. 2013..Our findings suggest that MMR system alterations are a frequent event in malignant astrocytomas and might help to define a subgroup of patients with different outcome. ..
- -511 C/T IL1B gene polymorphism is associated to resistance to bisphosphonates treatment in Paget disease of boneLuis Corral-Gudino
Servicio de Reumatologia, Hospital Universitario de Salamanca, Po San Vicente 58 182, 37007 Salamanca, Spain
Bone 38:589-94. 2006..We have assessed whether genetic variability in genes coding of proteins from the IL1 pathway clustered in chromosome 2 is associated with clinical characteristics and the therapeutic response of patients with PDB...
- The human Tp53 Arg72Pro polymorphism explains different functional prognosis in strokeJose C Gomez-Sanchez
Department of Neurology, University Hospital of Salamanca, 37007 Salamanca, Spain
J Exp Med 208:429-37. 2011..These results suggest that the Tp53 Arg/Arg genotype governs neuronal vulnerability to apoptosis and can be considered as a genetic marker predicting poor functional outcome after stroke...
- VEGF A (rs699947 and rs833061) and VEGFR2 (rs2071559) gene polymorphisms are not associated with AMD susceptibility in a Spanish populationFernando Cruz-González
Departamento de Oftalmologia, Hospital Universitario de Salamanca, Salamanca, Spain
Curr Eye Res 38:1274-7. 2013..We have analysed if polymorphisms in genes coding for VEGFA and VEGFR are associated to susceptibility to suffer AMD in a cohort of Spanish subjects...
- Investigation of Association between Autophagy-Related Gene Polymorphisms and Pseudoexfoliation Syndrome and Pseudoexfoliation Glaucoma in a Spanish PopulationLourdes de Juan-Marcos
A Department of Ophthalmology, University Hospital of Salamanca, Salamanca, Spain
Semin Ophthalmol . 2016....
- Influence of UGT2B7, CYP3A4, and OPRM1 Gene Polymorphisms on Transdermal Buprenorphine Pain Control in Patients with Critical Lower Limb Ischemia Awaiting RevascularizationFrancisco Blanco
General Surgery Department, Hospital Universitario de Salamanca IBSAL, Salamanca, Spain
Pain Pract 16:842-9. 2016..Pain control in critical limb ischemia (CLI) varies considerably between individuals...
- [IL4RA gene polymorphism (Q576R) is associated with higher total IgE levels in Spanish patients with family history of atopy]Maria Isidoro-Garcia
Unidad de Medicina Molecular, Departamento de Medicina, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Salamanca, Salamanca, Spain
Med Clin (Barc) 124:211-2. 2005..The aim of this study is to analyze the allelic distribution of the Q576R polymorphism in an atopic and non atopic population and the relationship with total IgE levels and the family history of atopy...
- Influence of uridine diphosphate-glucuronyltransferase 2B7 (UGT2B7) variants on postoperative buprenorphine analgesiaJosé A Sastre
Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Clinic, Cardiothoracic Division, University Hospital and IBSAL, Salamanca, Spain
Pain Pract 15:22-30. 2015..This study investigates a possible difference in the response to postoperative buprenorphine analgesia related to the presence of different isoforms (cytosine or thymine substitution at nucleotide 802) of UGT2B7 gene...
- Alcoholic liver disease and hepatitis C virus infectionIgnacio Novo-Veleiro
Ignacio Novo Veleiro, Lucía Alvela Suárez, Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital of Santiago de Compostela, 37007 Salamanca, Spain
World J Gastroenterol 22:1411-20. 2016....
- Identification of two proopiomelanocortin genes in zebrafish (Danio rerio)Veronica Gonzalez-Nunez
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Salamanca, Salamanca, Spain
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 120:1-8. 2003..Comparisons between the two zebrafish beta-endorphins and among these peptides and its homologues in other species are also presented...
- The Emerging Picture of Human Breast Cancer as a Stem Cell-based DiseaseCesar Cobaleda
Universidad de Salamanca, Salamanca, Spain
Stem Cell Rev 4:67-79. 2008..Here, we review the current knowledge about normal and breast cancer stem cells, and their implications in cancer development, together with their consequences in breast cancer susceptibility, dissemination and treatment response...
- [M129V PRNP gene polymorphism in Castilla y León shows a similar distribution to other Spanish regions and other European countries]Andres Castellanos
Unidad de Medicina Molecular, Departamento de Medicina, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Salamanca, Salamanca, Espana
Med Clin (Barc) 134:254-6. 2010....
- [Genetic basis of tobacco dependence]Miguel Barrueco
Servicio de Neumologia, Hospital Universitario de Salamanca, Salamanca, Spain
Med Clin (Barc) 124:223-8. 2005..Here we review the studies performed so far and discuss new perspectives for future studies...
- Kappa opioid receptor is expressed in the rat cerebellar cortexLuis A Herraez-Baranda
Molecular Medicine Unit, Department of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Salamanca, Spain
Cell Tissue Res 320:223-8. 2005..This work contributes to the deeper knowledge of the mechanisms that are involved in cerebellar function and may lead to a better understanding of the relationships between nociceptive activity and drug abuse potential...
- [Study of AZF regions of Y chromosome in males with idiopathic infertility. Analysis of two methods of molecular diagnosis]Maria Isidoro-Garcia
Departamento de Medicina, Universidad de Salamanca, Salamanca, Spain
Med Clin (Barc) 125:731-3. 2005..The aim of this study was to analyze the presence of chromosome Y microdeletions using 2 different sets of STSs...
- The comparative abilities of propofol and sevoflurane to modulate inflammation and oxidative stress in the kidney after aortic cross-clampingPilar Sanchez-Conde
Department of Anesthesiology, University Hospital of Salamanca, Salamanca, Spain
Anesth Analg 106:371-8, table of contents. 2008..We compared the effect of propofol with sevoflurane on kidney NFkappaB expression and systemic inflammatory responses induced by aortic clamping...
- Prognostic value of telomere length in acute coronary syndromeJose Angel Perez-Rivera
IBSAL University Hospital of Salamanca, Department of Cardiology, Salamanca, Spain
Mech Ageing Dev 133:695-7. 2012..Two prognostic combined events were defined. Long telomere length was revealed as an independent predictor (protector) of combined event presentation during long term follow up in our patients...
- Buschke-Ollendorff syndrome with striking phenotypic variation resulting from a novel c.2203C>T nonsense mutation in LEMD3Manuela Yuste-Chaves
Department of Dermatology, University Hospital of Salamanca, Salamanca, Spain
Pediatr Dermatol 28:447-50. 2011..The mutation induces a change in the 735 arginine codon to a stop codon. This study shows the wide phenotypic variation in BOS and increases the repertory of mutations described to date in LEMD3...
- Genetic association between -93A/G polymorphism in the Fyn kinase gene and alcohol dependence in Spanish menIsabel J Pastor
Unidad de Medicina Molecular, Departamento de Medicina, Universidad de Salamanca, Avda de Alfonso X el Sabio s n, 37007 Salamanca, Spain
Eur Psychiatry 24:191-4. 2009..Fyn tyrosine kinase is a member of the Scr family that phosphorylates the NR2A and NR2B subunits of the NMDA receptors reducing the inhibitory effects of ethanol and therefore may regulate the individual sensitivity to ethanol...
- Molecular analysis of ex-vivo CD133+ GBM cells revealed a common invasive and angiogenic profile but different proliferative signatures among high grade gliomasJuan L Garcia
Department of Medicine, University of Salamanca, Spain
BMC Cancer 10:454. 2010..This molecular classification could lead to the finding of new potential therapeutic targets for the rationale treatment of high grade GBM...