L M Casano
Affiliation: Universidad de Alcal
- Differences in the cell walls and extracellular polymers of the two Trebouxia microalgae coexisting in the lichen Ramalina farinacea are consistent with their distinct capacity to immobilize extracellular PbLeonardo M Casano
Department of Life Sciences, University of Alcala, 28805 Alcalá de Henares Madrid, Spain Electronic address
Plant Sci 236:195-204. 2015..Our findings suggest that the differential extracellular Pb retention capabilities of TR1 and TR9 microalgae can be related to differences in the main features of their cell walls and EPS. ..
- Hydrogen peroxide mediates the induction of chloroplastic Ndh complex under photooxidative stress in barleyL M Casano
Departamento de Biologia Vegetal, Universidad de Alcala de Henares, 28871 Alcala de Henares, Madrid, Spain
Plant Physiol 125:1450-8. 2001..It is proposed that the induction of chloroplastic ndh genes under photooxidative stress is mediated by H2O2 through mechanisms that involve a rapid translation of pre-existing transcripts and the increase of the ndh transcript levels...
- Topology of the plastid Ndh complex and its NDH-F subunit in thylakoid membranesLeonardo M Casano
Departamento de Biologia Vegetal, Universidad de Alcala, Alcala de Henares, 28871 Madrid, Spain
Biochem J 382:145-55. 2004..The conserved Thr-181 NDH-F, whose probable phosphorylation increases the activity of the Ndh complex, is located within the hydrophilic region between the V and VI transmembrane helices...
- Lichen rehydration in heavy metal-polluted environments: Pb modulates the oxidative response of both Ramalina farinacea Thalli and its isolated microalgaeR Alvarez
Deptartamento Ciencias de la Vida, Campus Universitario, Universidad de Alcala, 28805, Alcala de Henares, Madrid, Spain
Microb Ecol 69:698-709. 2015..farinacea and its phycobionts strong mechanisms to neutralize its own oxidant effects along with those of rehydration. ..
- Suitability of chloroplast LSU rDNA and its diverse group I introns for species recognition and phylogenetic analyses of lichen-forming Trebouxia algaeE M Del Campo
Department of Plant Biology, University of Alcala, 28871 Alcala de Henares Madrid, Spain
Mol Phylogenet Evol 54:437-44. 2010....
- Degradation of plastid unspliced transcripts and lariat group II intronsEva M Del Campo
Department of Plant Biology, University of Alcala, Alcala de Henares, Madrid, Spain
Biochimie 90:474-83. 2008..Degradation of both unspliced pre-mRNAs and lariat introns is also proposed as an additional mechanism that controls the level of mature translatable mRNAs of chloroplast genes...
- The activity of the chloroplastic Ndh complex is regulated by phosphorylation of the NDH-F subunitH Ramiro Lascano
Departamento de Biologia Vegetal, Universidad de Alcala de Henares, Madrid, Spain
Plant Physiol 132:256-62. 2003..The emerging picture is that full activity of the Ndh complex is reached by phosphorylation of its NDH-F subunit in a H(2)O(2)- and Ca(2+)-mediated action...
- Presence of multiple group I introns closely related to bacteria and fungi in plastid 23S rRNAs of lichen-forming TrebouxiaEva M Del Campo
Department of Plant Biology, University of Alcala, Alcala de Henares, Spain
Int Microbiol 12:59-67. 2009..The symbiogenetic thalli of some lichens are proposed as the likely setting of horizontal transfer of genetic material among distantly related organisms such as bacteria, fungi, and green algae...
- Multiple phosphorylation sites in the beta subunit of thylakoid ATP synthaseGuillermo del Riego
Departamento de Biologia Vegetal, Universidad de Alcala, Alcala de Henares, Madrid 28871, Spain
Photosynth Res 89:11-8. 2006..The results are discussed in relation with the proposed regulation of the ATP synthase by phosphorylation and 14-3-3 proteins...
- A single primer pair gives a specific ortholog amplicon in a wide range of Cyanobacteria and plastid-bearing organisms: applicability in inventory of reference material from collections and phylogenetic analysisE M Del Campo
Department of Plant Biology, University of Alcala, 28871 Alcala de Henares, Madrid, Spain
Mol Phylogenet Evol 57:1323-8. 2010..This primer pair can amplify a portion of the 23S rRNA gene with sufficient variability to identify reference material form collections across a broad range of taxa and perform phylogenetic studies alongside other available markers...
- Effect of polyamines on glutathione reductase activity in spinachMustafa Erat
Biotechnology Application and Research Center, Ataturk University, 25240 Erzurum, Turkey
Z Naturforsch C 63:260-6. 2008..It is proposed that the early decrease of glutathione reductase activity in leaves treated with polyamines can be due to a direct interaction of these compounds with the enzyme...