- Control of Epstein-Barr virus load and lymphoproliferative disease by maintenance of CD8+ T lymphocytes in the T lymphocyte-depleted graft after bone marrow transplantationJulian Torre-Cisneros
Section of Infectious Diseases, Reina Sofia University Hospital, Cordoba, Spain
J Infect Dis 190:1596-9. 2004..These results suggest that the presence of CD8(+) T lymphocytes in the bone marrow graft can control EBV load, thereby reducing the risk of developing lymphoproliferative disease...
- GESITRA-SEIMC/REIPI recommendations for the management of cytomegalovirus infection in solid-organ transplant patientsJulian de la Torre-Cisneros
UGC Enfermedades Infecciosas, Hospital Universitario Reina Sofia IMIBIC, Cordoba, Spain
Enferm Infecc Microbiol Clin 29:735-58. 2011..For these reasons, we have developed new consensus guidelines to include the latest recommendations on post-transplant CMV management based on new evidence available...
- Efficacy and safety of a booster dose of influenza vaccination in solid organ transplant recipients, TRANSGRIPE 1-2: study protocol for a multicenter, randomized, controlled clinical trialJuliana Martinez-Atienza
Hospital Universitario Virgen del Rocío and Biomedicine Research Institute IBIS, Infectious Diseases Research Group, Avda, Manuel Siurot, S N, 41013 Seville, Spain
Trials 15:338. 2014..Secondary objectives included the evaluation of the efficacy and/or safety, cellular immune response, incidence of influenza infection, graft rejection, retransplant and mortality rates...
- Tuberculosis after solid-organ transplant: incidence, risk factors, and clinical characteristics in the RESITRA (Spanish Network of Infection in Transplantation) cohortJulian Torre-Cisneros
Clinic Unit of Infectious Diseases, Hospital Universitario Reina Sofia, Avda Menééndez Pidal, Cordoba 14004, Spain
Clin Infect Dis 48:1657-65. 2009..It is necessary to clarify the incidence of and risk factors for tuberculosis (TB) among solid-organ transplant (SOT) recipients as well as changes in the chronology, clinical presentation, and prognosis of the disease...
- [Impact of initial cytomegalovirus viral load on efficacy of preemptive therapy with ganciclovir in allogeneic stem cell transplant recipients]Julian Torre-Cisneros
Unidad Clínica de Enfermedades Infecciosas, Hospital Universitario Reina Sofia, Cordoba, Espana
Enferm Infecc Microbiol Clin 28:6-12. 2010..To study the impact of initial cytomegalovirus (CMV) viral load on virological response to ganciclovir preemptive therapy in allogeneic stem cell transplant (SCT) recipients after 4 weeks of treatment...
- Infliximab does not activate replication of lymphotropic herpesviruses in patients with refractory rheumatoid arthritisJ Torre-Cisneros
Section of Infectious Diseases, Reina Sofia University Hospital, Cordoba, Spain
Rheumatology (Oxford) 44:1132-5. 2005..We analysed the risk of reactivation of lymphotropic herpesviruses in patients with refractory rheumatoid arthritis treated with an anti-tumour necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-alpha) agent (infliximab)...
- [Consensus document from GESITRA-SEIMC on the prevention and treatment of cytomegalovirus infection in transplanted patients]Julian Torre-Cisneros
Unidad de Enfermedades Infecciosas, Hospital Reina Sofia, Cordoba, Espana
Enferm Infecc Microbiol Clin 23:424-37. 2005....
- Pretransplant interferon-γ secretion by CMV-specific CD8+ T cells informs the risk of CMV replication after transplantationS Cantisán
Instituto Maimónides de Investigación Biomédica de Córdoba Reina Sofia University Hospital University of Cordoba, Cordoba, Spain
Am J Transplant 13:738-45. 2013..Therefore, assessment of interferon-γ secretion by cytomegalovirus (CMV)-specific CD8+ T cells prior to transplantation is useful in informing the risk of posttransplant CMV replication in solid organ transplant patients...
- Pre-emptive oral ganciclovir can reduce the risk of cytomegalovirus disease in liver transplant recipientsJ Torre-Cisneros
Section of Infectious Diseases, Liver Transplantation Unit and Service of Immunology, Hospital Universitario Reina Sofia, Cordoba, Spain
Clin Microbiol Infect 8:773-80. 2002..Adverse events, graft rejection and survival were similar between groups. We conclude that pre-emptive oral ganciclovir in high-risk patients can reduce the risk of CMV disease...
- Risk of tuberculosis after lung transplantation: the value of pretransplant chest computed tomography and the impact of mTOR inhibitors and azathioprine useE Guirao-Arrabal
Infectious Diseases Unit, Hospital Universitario Reina Sofia, Cordoba, Spain
Transpl Infect Dis 18:512-9. 2016..It is necessary to determine the incidence and risk factors for tuberculosis (TB), as well as strategies to assess and treat latent tuberculosis infection (LTBI) in lung transplant recipients...
- Pre-transplant thymic function is associated with the risk of cytomegalovirus disease after solid organ transplantationI Gracia-Ahufinger
Maimonides Institute for Research in Biomedicine of Cordoba IMIBIC, Reina Sofia University Hospital, University of Cordoba, Cordoba, Spain Spanish Network for Infectious Disease Research REIPI RD12 0015, Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Seville, Spain
Clin Microbiol Infect 21:511.e1-7. 2015..82-1.00), respectively. Pre-transplant thymic function in CMV-seropositive candidates could be useful in determining the risk of post-transplant CMV disease in solid organ transplant patients, selecting a group of low-risk candidates...
- Randomized trial of weekly sulfadoxine/pyrimethamine vs. daily low-dose trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole for the prophylaxis of Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia after liver transplantationJ Torre-Cisneros
Section of Infectious Diseases, Hospital Universitario Reina Sofia, Cordoba, Spain
Clin Infect Dis 29:771-4. 1999..We conclude that weekly sulfadoxine/pyrimethamine is as effective and safe as is daily trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole in the prophylaxis of Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia after liver transplantation...
- Clinical differences between invasive pulmonary infection by Scedosporium apiospermum and invasive pulmonary aspergillosisJ J Castón
Clinical Unit of Infectious Diseases, Reina Sofia University Hospital, Cordoba, Spain
Mycoses 54:e468-73. 2011..404 days; P = 0.009), and to have higher CD4(+) lymphocyte count (207.6 vs. 289.4; P = 0.005). Late-onset disease after transplantation and prophylaxis with AMB are more frequent in patients with IPSA compared with IPA...
- HLA-B18 as a risk factor of short-term progression to severe liver fibrosis in HIV/HCV co-infected patients with absent or minimal fibrosis: implications for timing of therapyM Frias
Infectious Diseases Unit, Hospital Universitario Reina Sofía de Córdoba, Instituto Maimonides de Investigacion Biomedica de Cordoba IMIBIC, Universidad de Córdoba UCO, Cordoba, Spain
Pharmacogenomics J . 2016..5-37) months vs HLA-B18neg: 28.2%; 37 (IQR: 19-52) months). These results could impact the timing of HCV therapy in F0-F2 patients.The Pharmacogenomics Journal advance online publication, 31 May 2016; doi:10.1038/tpj.2016.42...
- Factors related to the development of CMV-specific CD8+ T cell response in CMV-seropositive solid organ transplant candidatesS Cantisán
Instituto Maimónides de Investigación Biomédica de Córdoba IMIBIC Reina Sofia University Hospital University of Cordoba, Cordoba, Spain Spanish Network for the Research in Infectious Diseases REIPI RD12 0015, Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Madrid, Spain
Am J Transplant 15:715-22. 2015....
- Baseline risk factors for relapse in HIV/HCV co-infected patients treated with PEG-IFN/RBVA Rivero-Juárez
Unidad de Enfermedades Infecciosas, Instituto Maimonides de Investigacion Biomedica de Cordoba IMIBIC, Hospital Universitario Reina Sofia, Cordoba, Spain
Infection 41:21-6. 2013..The aim of the study was to identify baseline risk factors for VR in HIV/HCV co-infected patients treated with pegylated interferon plus ribavirin (PEG-INF/RBV)...
- Bacterial urinary tract infection after solid organ transplantation in the RESITRA cohortE Vidal
Unit of Infectious Diseases, Reina Sofía University Hospital IMIBIC, Cordoba, Spain
Transpl Infect Dis 14:595-603. 2012....
- Indirect effects of cytomegalovirus infection in solid organ transplant recipientsMaría José Pérez-Sola
Clinic Unit of Infectious Diseases, Reina Sofia University Hospital, Cordoba, Spain
Enferm Infecc Microbiol Clin 26:38-47. 2008..Universal prophylaxis against CMV has shown to be effective for preventing CMV disease and asymptomatic CMV replication, and can be considered the treatment of choice for preventing the indirect effects of this infection...
- Risk factors for pulmonary Aspergillus terreus infection in patients with positive culture for filamentous fungiJuan José Castón
Unit of Infectious Diseases, Reina Sofia University Hospital, Cordoba, Spain
Chest 131:230-6. 2007..Invasive aspergillosis (IA) is a common fungal infection in immunocompromised patients and has a high mortality rate. Among patients with IA, Aspergillus terreus infections have become a growing concern in the past few years...
- [Spectrum and risk factors of invasive fungal infection]Juan José Castón Osorio
Unidad de Gestión Clínica de Enfermedades Infecciosas, Hospital Universitario Reina Sofia, Cordoba, Espana
Enferm Infecc Microbiol Clin 25:467-76. 2007..Recognition of these trends in patients receiving novel immunosuppressive regimens has important implications for the clinical management of fungal infection in this population...