Joan D Fernandez-Ballart
Affiliation: Rovira i Virgili University
- Relative validity of a semi-quantitative food-frequency questionnaire in an elderly Mediterranean population of SpainJoan D Fernandez-Ballart
Faculty of Medicine and Health Science, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Spain
Br J Nutr 103:1808-16. 2010..We concluded that FFQ measurements had good reproducibility and a relative validity similar to those of FFQ used in other prospective studies...
- Homocysteine in pregnancyMichelle M Murphy
Unit of Preventive Medicine and Public Health, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, IISPV, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Tarragona, Spain
Adv Clin Chem 53:105-37. 2011..Prospective, sufficiently powered, studies from preconception/early pregnancy are required to determine whether tHcy is a risk factor for these pregnancy complications...
- Vitamin B12 deficiency in the brain leads to DNA hypomethylation in the TCblR/CD320 knockout mouseSílvia Fernàndez-Roig
Departments of Medicine and Cell Biology, SUNY Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY, USA
Nutr Metab (Lond) 9:41. 2012..abstract:..
- Low folate status enhances pregnancy changes in plasma betaine and dimethylglycine concentrations and the association between betaine and homocysteineSílvia Fernàndez-Roig
Area of Preventive Medicine and Public Health, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Reus, Spain
Am J Clin Nutr 97:1252-9. 2013..Folate, choline, and betaine participate in homocysteine metabolism. It is not known whether they interact during pregnancy...
- Association of a polymorphism in the promoter of the cellular retinoic acid-binding protein II gene (CRABP2) with increased circulating low-density lipoprotein cholesterolJuliana Salazar
Institut de Recerca en Ciències de la Salut, Hospital Universitari Sant Joan, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Reus, Spain
Clin Chem Lab Med 45:615-20. 2007....
- High milk consumers have an increased risk of folate receptor blocking autoantibody production but this does not affect folate status in Spanish men and womenMaria Isabel Berrocal-Zaragoza
Area of Preventive Medicine and Public Health, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, 43201 Tarragona, Spain
J Nutr 139:1037-41. 2009..Higher milk intake is associated with increased risk of having FR-autoantibodies...
- Association between a healthy lifestyle and general obesity and abdominal obesity in an elderly population at high cardiovascular riskMonica Bullo
Human Nutrition Unit, Hospital Universitari de Sant Joan de Reus, IISPV, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Reus, Spain
Prev Med 53:155-61. 2011..We assessed the relationship between lifestyle and obesity risk in a baseline analysis of the PREDIMED study, a randomized dietary primary prevention trial conducted in Spain...